We Love Lisa Kleypas discussion

Lightning Bay (Friday Harbor, #5)
This topic is about Lightning Bay
The Books > Lightning Bay

Comments (showing 1-25 of 25) (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa Kay (last edited Mar 19, 2013 05:33PM) (new) - added it

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 3858 comments No bookcover, yet. Hopefully, it will pop in when it is available. Early synopsis below:

Lightning Bay, by Lisa Kleypas

The fifth in the Friday Harbor series, coming in September, 2013.

✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀

Early Synopsis

After the turmoil of a broken engagement, all Neva Landry wants is to make a success of her Friday Harbor alpaca farm. But when her ex-fiance Zachary Logan is injured in a lightning strike, she offers to take care of him while he recuperates. Soon Neva discovers that Zach has become an enigmatic stranger who now poses a greater threat to her heart than ever before. Is Zach really the same man, or is there somehow a chance that he could be an angel in disguise?

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 3858 comments Reserved.

Melody (MelodiousImagination) | 252 comments So there is a fifth book in this series? Hmm.

message 4: by Lisa Kay (last edited Mar 19, 2013 05:34PM) (new) - added it

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 3858 comments Yea. Then she can start writing about Joe. ☺

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* | 1688 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "Yea. Then she can start writing about Joe. ☺"

and return to writing historicals, I hope.

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 3858 comments LOL! Yes. Definitely.

Melody (MelodiousImagination) | 252 comments Here here to both!

I'm not gonna complain about getting another Kleypas book but dangit I'm getting impatient. I want Joe's book & more historicals!

Still haven't read Crystal Cove yet so I have no idea who the characters are in this book. They sound new.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I talked my lil' sis into reading Smooth Talking Stranger and Blue-Eyed Devil and the only question she asked: "So what's about Joe?" Yeah... We started making up our own stories;-) We really hope, the girl will be some extraordinaire character.

Heidi | 865 comments Melody wrote: "Here here to both!

I'm not gonna complain about getting another Kleypas book but dangit I'm getting impatient. I want Joe's book & more historicals!

Still haven't read Crystal Cove yet so I hav..."

I'm right there with you Melody and all the rest who want Joe's story and and MORE HISTORICALS!!!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3645 comments She has another Zachary hero. This time a contemporary one....

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* | 1688 comments Lady Danielle aka The Book Huntress wrote: "She has another Zachary hero. This time a contemporary one...."

...and she's using the name Logan again. This time as a surname.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3645 comments True that!

Megan | 546 comments Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* wrote: "Lisa Kay wrote: "Yea. Then she can start writing about Joe. ☺"

and return to writing historicals, I hope."

Agreed! I just did a reread of the Wallflowers and Hathaways, still love them :) I've been reading the Friday Harbor series ONLY, and I repeat ONLY! because she is LK and I love her writing. But these are not even close to the same level of greatness as her other series, including The Tavises series, which I loved too. If this were another author I wouldn't even bother. They just seem to be lacking something (I haven't figured out what yet) so I can't seem to enjoy them.

Grissell S | 1 comments I agree im not happy with this story they were just to far out there for me i wont read anymore like these

message 15: by Melody (last edited May 11, 2013 11:52AM) (new) - added it

Melody (MelodiousImagination) | 252 comments I've only read up to Dreamlake which is personally my fav out of the series so far. I haven't read Crystal Cove yet. It's been sitting on my bookshelf for a while. But yes I agree it definitely is missing that special Kleypas touch.

I hate saying this but I was a little disappointed to hear another book was in the works for this series. This series isn't as exciting or interesting for me. I was crossing my fingers she would dive back into historicals or finish the Travises series!

Linds | 57 comments Megan wrote: "Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* wrote: "Lisa Kay wrote: "Yea. Then she can start writing about Joe. ☺"

and return to writing historicals, I hope."

Agreed! I just did a reread of the Wallflowers an..."

I second it. LK writes, I think, the most beautiful historical romances in the genre. I understand that she's an artist and needs to go where her muse leads, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I REALLY miss her historicals.

But who am I kidding, she could write instruction manuals and I will read anything she publishes.

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 3858 comments Linds wrote: "But who am I kidding, she could write instruction manuals and I will read anything she publishes."

LOL! True. Actually, I kind of wish she did write some of the instruction manuals I've read. It would certainly liven them up.

Hannah (hmatkins) | 5 comments Lol, sadly I'd also read instruction manuals that she wrote as well. Just because they come from her. :)

I'm glad that others have thought that Friday Harbor books have been lacking somewhat. I was feeling disloyal thinking such things about our favorite LK. While they make perfectly wonderful contemporary novels, they just did not strike me with the brilliance of her Travis series. I am only now making my way through her older historical books, but I will always love the Wallflowers and Hathways. I am hoping she will create something new and great like those when she comes back from our wonderful Joe.

Though it really doesn't matter, as I'll get excited and read (probably and buy) whatever she writes. :) But still hoping for more brilliance.

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 3858 comments Aw, you are a loyal fan, Hannah.

message 20: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (last edited Sep 02, 2013 12:20AM) (new) - added it

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3645 comments I think that Lisa Kleypas' contemporaries tend more towards chick-lit sensibilities, which is not my cup of tea in general. But I still see her voice and definite touch in the ones I've read so far.

At the end of the day, plain old contemporary romance isn't my favorite. I'm more of a historical/paranormal/romantic suspense with bad boys romance kind a girl. but as you've said, Kleypas is Kleypas, so I'll read her unless she embarks on a BDSM/erotica career and that's when I'll have to abstain. :)

Melody (MelodiousImagination) | 252 comments Lady Danielle aka The Book Huntress wrote: " but as you've said, Kleypas is Kleypas, so I'll read her unless she embarks on a BDSM/erotica career and that's when I'll have to abstain. :) "

Same here Lady D. Oh jeez I really hope she doesn't go down that path. This new 'trend' is something I have no interest in since everyone has been doing it. She has no need to go in that genre IMO. LK is a stand out author for me and always will be. She recently posted on her FB that will be diving back into writing Historical Romance and that made my heart sing and flutter. YES to that!

I don't mind her CR work but nothing can beat her HR work.

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 3858 comments Yes, love her HR.

So, is Lightning Bay still coming out in September? Or has it been put on the back burner?

Melody (MelodiousImagination) | 252 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "Yes, love her HR.

So, is Lightning Bay still coming out in September? Or has it been put on the back burner?"

I have no idea Lisa Kay. The way she made it sound when she dropped the news about Joe's book, this will be pushed back. The expected publication says September 2014, so next year it seems like. Makes sense.

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 3858 comments Whoa. Pushed back a whole year? Interesting.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3645 comments I'm so glad she'll be writing more HR books!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Lightning Bay (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Lisa Kleypas (other topics)