Book Marketing for Authors discussion

6 Simple Ways to Sell Your Indie Book

Comments (showing 1-8 of 8) (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Charlie Bray (charlie-bray) | 33 comments Bruised and bloodied by my futile attempts to find a publisher, and encouraged by the new innovation, ePublishing, I set to and wrote my first novel.

I finished it, was enormously proud of it, uploaded it to Amazon, and there it sat…and sat…and sat.

My bubble had burst. I felt as bruised and bloodied as when I was constantly being rejected by publishers. This time I was being rejected by readers!

But was I? Not really. The problem was, they didn’t even know about my book.

It had landed on a slush pile of self-published eBooks on the floor of the Amazon kindle site. Just as my manuscripts had landed on a slush pile of similar artefacts on the floors of several publishing houses.

Read on to find out what I did about it

http://theindietribe.wordpress.com/20...

Roland Cheek (goodreadscomroland_cheek) | 7 comments As have many authors, 'been there done that'. Glad to see you're still able to smile and move forward. Keep up the good work.

Heather (bookmarketingservices) | 7 comments The link is now broken ...

Charlie Bray (charlie-bray) | 33 comments Thanks Heather,

I moved to my own site from a free wordpress blog and lost a few links in the process.

Please check out my site, there's lots on there for authors and readers:

www.theindietribe.com

Heather (bookmarketingservices) | 7 comments Oh good move!! I'll check it out! Thanks!

Heather

Lilo (Lilo-HP) | 3 comments What's a jerk-face?

Kelly Hull (KellyVan) | 7 comments Charlie wrote: "Bruised and bloodied by my futile attempts to find a publisher, and encouraged by the new innovation, ePublishing, I set to and wrote my first novel.

I finished it, was enormously proud of it, upl..."

I tried to look at this, but it said "Page not found" :(

Kelly Hull (KellyVan) | 7 comments Charlie wrote: "Thanks Heather,

I moved to my own site from a free wordpress blog and lost a few links in the process.

Please check out my site, there's lots on there for authors and readers:

www.theindietribe..."

Spoke...er...wrote to soon :)

unread topics | mark unread