Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) Beautiful Creatures discussion

Is there any news about them making another movie?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 255) (255 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

Michael Has there been any announcement if they are making another movie or not

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm not sure, but the book was amazing! Was the movie good?!

Brittney I believe that I read somewhere that there are no current plans to make a sequel. Also, the movie really didn't do that well at the box office, and in order to ensure a sequel there has to be a certain amount of money made.

And being honest here, it would be difficult for them to continue the series, with the way they ended the first movie.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Brittney wrote: "I believe that I read somewhere that there are no current plans to make a sequel. Also, the movie really didn't do that well at the box office, and in order to ensure a sequel there has to be a cer..."

Is it even worth watching?

Brittney Liam wrote: "Brittney wrote: "I believe that I read somewhere that there are no current plans to make a sequel. Also, the movie really didn't do that well at the box office, and in order to ensure a sequel ther..."

I absolutely hated the movie, to be honest. It only kept some of the most basic core plots from the first book. It didn't embellish on the Caster world, so if you hadn't read the book, half of the things that happened would make no sense. And really, there were A LOT of important characters that were left out/altered.

Honestly, I'm glad I saw it to know better for the next time. I say see it and make your own judgments, the general consensus from most of those that enjoyed the books, was that it was terrible, but I have seen some that have enjoyed it. It focuses MUCH MORE on the love story aspect, as opposed to the actual conflict, just a warning. :P

Yutg There was only one line of it I liked.

"define good?"

Angela I believe so, the cast already sign the contact for three movie...

Angela And bases on Fan poll...there is definitely going to be book 2...

http://hollywoodcrush.mtv.com/2013/02...

I am excited tho.

Marisa.erick51gmail.com I saw the movie last Monday and was extreamly disapointed. I think I was almost foaming at the mouth when I left the theater. I liked all the casting but I hated the movie. I largely blame the producers because it seemed like they kept the most basic things and left out all of the important stuff.

This movie only made $10 million from it's opening weekend plus the extra day for Valentine's not enough for the studio to greenlight another one and frankly I don't want them to.

Angela it's standard for casts to sign multiple film deals when embarking on established series like this, it doesn't mean the studio has to exercise the option to make further films. I believe the cast of the upcoming Mortal Instruments film are locked in for at least 6 movies right now, doesn't mean they will get made if no one shows up.

Inês by what i have heard 8yes because in portugal the movie only is released in this thursday 28 fev) if they cut out Marian i cannot see how they are going to to the next movie -.-

Chisom O i havent seen the movie, but i read the book and im gonna say one thing. If they mess up the movie, im gonna burst into flames

Amalia Chisom wrote: "i havent seen the movie, but i read the book and im gonna say one thing. If they mess up the movie, im gonna burst into flames"

Yep, same page , when i saw the movie i was ready to punch something i was so mad , i really hope they don't make a sequel

Brittney Angela wrote: "And bases on Fan poll...there is definitely going to be book 2...

I am excited tho."

That poll means nothing, that's just there to gauge the reaction of fans who enjoyed the movie. Did you read the actual article? Because it clearly states that there are no plans for a sequel.

Angela Brittney wrote: "Angela wrote: "And bases on Fan poll...there is definitely going to be book 2...

I am excited tho."

That poll means nothing,..."

In my theory, I believed that when fan vote in that poll, they must have put a lot of money to see it again..meaning that BC would make enough money to make a sequel, even when they haven't announced it yet. And please present the actual article.. your word mean nothing yet. Not like I have anything against any of you. Just saying.

message 15: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy I was so disappointed with the movie. They left so many vital scenes, and made up nonsense to fill the space. Plus, it hardly followed the story line. The book blew the movie out of the water in my opinion.

Brittney Angela wrote: "Brittney wrote: "Angela wrote: "And bases on Fan poll...there is definitely going to be book 2...

I am excited tho."

That po..."

Taken directly from the article you have linked to.

"But with no current plans for a cinematic sequel in the works, we'll have to wait and see whether the studio wants to make movie magic with the Duchannes witches again..."

Meaning, a sequel isn't in the bag yet. And just because some people see the movie multiple times doesn't mean it'll make enough still. They would have had to please the majority, and from what I've seen around here and facebook, they didn't. But, hey, I'm not trying to say it'll never happen, because it might. I'm just saying that it's very unlikely at this point.

Angela Brittney wrote: "Angela wrote: "Brittney wrote: "Angela wrote: "And bases on Fan poll...there is definitely going to be book 2...

I am excited..."

Oh yea, I remember reading that.. Gah, I am having trouble with my memory. If not a lot of people or fan didn't like the movie, the poll would vote "No" more. Mmm, I am also curious why movie box office for BC in USA is (now) on the ten place while is Australia is #1. It seem that we have to wait for what other countries have to say about it.. :D

Annie Marisa.erick51gmail.com wrote: "I saw the movie last Monday and was extreamly disapointed. I think I was almost foaming at the mouth when I left the theater. I liked all the casting but I hated the movie. I largely blame the p..."

I whole heartedly agree with you Marisa...they ruined the idea of a 2nd movie for me...I mean really...where would it go?

Angela Annie wrote: "Marisa.erick51gmail.com wrote: "I saw the movie last Monday and was extreamly disapointed. I think I was almost foaming at the mouth when I left the theater. I liked all the casting but I hated t..."

It is not the end of the world, there will always be ton of ideas coming from them... I am also very sad, but at the same time, I really love it. It like a love-hate thing. haha

Holly Thornley i just fisished the first two books in the series and i really wanted to watch the movie but i have to say there was a lot of information in those books i see how it could be hard to make a movie out of them without cutting stuff out that being said if i really dont want to watch a movie that is going to ruin it for me either because i absolutly love the book

message 21: by Cherry (last edited Feb 26, 2013 11:39AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cherry I thought that the film was better than the book, it was funnier and the book was more boring. But, I would say that people who have read the book don't watch the film and those who have seen the film don't read the book. But, hey it's your choice. In general, I would love an another film.

Jes5ica Well it is good to know my friend & I are in good company. The movie was such a let down, but I feel like anyone who did not read the books could easily be dazzled enough to pick up a copy and give it a shot (only to become infuriated like the rest of us at the spectacle that was BC Movie). To be fair we went to see it with three girls who had not read the book and they thought it was great. My biggest gripe about the casting was Link, he is supposed to *SPOILER ALERT* become an Incubus and get all sexy smooth and that dude in the movie is BLAH! Also it was disappointing there was no Celting and no Dog following them around. It was visually stunning though, I didn't think it was as awful as some of you do. I am a little disappointed I won't be seeing a sequel, to be honest.

message 23: by L.K. (new) - rated it 5 stars

L.K. Idk why everyone is so upset. True, it will be hard to make a seqel but the only thing i was really mad about was that they had no shadowing song. If id never read the book before i saw the movie it would have been amazing but since i did i still thought it was good, just not exactly like the book(which few movies are)

Talyah Brittney wrote: "Liam wrote: "Brittney wrote: "I believe that I read somewhere that there are no current plans to make a sequel. Also, the movie really didn't do that well at the box office, and in order to ensure ..."

Thanks for the warning! I was disappointed with the trailer so I was debating on if I was even going to watch it. I definitely won't be spending money on it, that's for sure!

Sabine I haven't seen the movie yet because it actually came out today here in Holland. So maybe that's a reason it did not make a lot of money yet. (Not only that it's just out here, but there are probably also countries were the movie isn't out yet)
And some movies just need a week or two to get popular...?

Brittney Sabine wrote: "I haven't seen the movie yet because it actually came out today here in Holland. So maybe that's a reason it did not make a lot of money yet. (Not only that it's just out here, but there are probab..."

But most of this is based on opening weekend statistics, and as the movie has already opened in several countries, and still hasn't broken even (theater earnings vs actual movie budget) with worldwide gross earnings, it's highly unlikely the production house will choose to green light a sequel.

message 27: by Yutg (new) - rated it 3 stars

Yutg Even if the actors signed in for more films it doesn't mean the producers will make it if it doesn't even break even.

Lorraine why is everyone harping on the the film I think it was a fantastic adapation that took liberties to make it work within its medium. So what if they combined characters and didn't follow the book to the letter. They weren't making a copy of the book they were making a movie based on the books material. I for one love both the books and the movie. The actors were fabulous and the scenery and feel to the film beautifully done. I would love to see a sequal filmed would definity see it. fingers crossed!

Michael Lorraine wrote: "why is everyone harping on the the film I think it was a fantastic adapation that took liberties to make it work within its medium. So what if they combined characters and didn't follow the book t..."

Thank you finally someone who sees sense

Krystal I feel so bad, I haven't seen it yet! I want to see it so bad, I might just wait and buy the movie when it comes out on DVD...I'm sure I'm going to love it.

Michael It already came out on dvd last Tuesday.

message 32: by Sukriti (new)

Sukriti Agarwal whatever you guys say, i think the movie was good and they should come up with a sequel. :/ Its really not fair with those who liked the movie and are anxious abt whats more gonna happen???

Sarah The director ruined the film, making it terribly different from the book, however, the same happened with Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief and yet the second film is coming out this year. It took a few years but it still happened. Just keep your fingers crossed and also hope that if they do, the new director actually reads the book and does it justice.

message 34: by Badace15 (new)

Badace15 Here is an idea to all who didn't like it get ur heads out of ur ass it was a great movie

message 35: by Badace15 (new)

Badace15 Here is an idea to all who didn't like it get ur heads out of ur ass it was a great movie

message 36: by Shay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shay I enjoyed the movie very much, even though I thought it would be another Twilight- horrid acting and desperation. Yet, I watched it and loved it, I laughed a lot.It is was definitely worth the watch!!

message 37: by Badace15 (new)

Badace15 There u go stormi someone with common sense

message 38: by Michelle (new)

Michelle i loved watching this movie and so has all my freinds i have lent the movie too i have now nearly finished the first book and will be buying the next one i hope they do bring another one out i dont see the point only bringing one and for them not making money if they would have promoted it better they would have made more i waited ages for this one and didnt no when it was in the cinema the same as my friends there are a lot worse films out there belive me whent and watched one yeserday what a waste of money will stick to what i like come on make the next one.

Kyliecallme First of all: Seriously? Another Percy Jackson movie? *Shudders*
Second, back to BC Movie. I understand taking some liberties. I get cutting some stuff out for time. Most of it, I'll forgive. But IT'S IMPOSSIBLE to just combine Amma & Marian & call it a day! Impossible, ridiculous, stupidity. Yes, the movie was entertaining, to a point. That one glaring flaw made it impossible for me to want to see more. Huge disappointment :(

message 40: by Emma (new)

Emma Sessoms I hope they do make a sequel. With the way they ended the movie. I mean I'm intrigued and want to see more. I really hope they do make a sequel.

Katie Brittney wrote: "I believe that I read somewhere that there are no current plans to make a sequel. Also, the movie really didn't do that well at the box office, and in order to ensure a sequel there has to be a cer..."

Ya because they didn't include the book

message 42: by Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva (last edited Jun 29, 2013 08:58PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva I actually liked the movie ((shrug)). But then I had a full year between reading the book and seeing the film so maybe I was just better able to take the film AS a film; a seperate story to be entertained by.

We all know what happens when books go film. They have no choice but to condense and some consider "key" details get cut because only so many key details can make it in without turning it into a 3 hour saga. Books have the luxury of time to spin a tale. Movies don't.

Hell, if I stuck wigh Twilight after that first abomination of a flick, I surely can stick with this one lol.

Frenchie I didn't like it, and that's just a personal opinion.

I do however, put my dislike of the movie on the director, as I heard in an interview, from his own mouth, that he'd only read the first book before the movie adaption.

And I know the director isn't the screenwriter and etc etc, but I do think his reading of the *whole* series could have crucially enhanced the movie overall, not to mention made for a smoother transition into a possible second movie.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

I really enjoyed the movie! The ending was such a cliffhanger! So I hope they decide to make a second!

message 45: by Erin (new)

Erin Garcia I hated the movie. It was terrible. I did not like the way they altered Amma's character and cut out Marion. The biggest disappointment for me was the terrible actor they had playing Ethan. They turned him into some stupid, grinning hick. The fake southern accents grated on my nerves as well.

message 46: by Amelia (new)

Amelia I made the mistake of watching the movie before I read the book, frankly I didn't even know there was a book until my sister accidentally bought the sequel. I stole the book from her thinking, actually expecting for the book to have more or less the same circumstances and characters as the movie. WRONG! Apparently, there Macon was an Incubes and there were so many other things I really didn't understand. Slowly, I went on to understand they must have changed the book in the movie. So, I'm currently reading the second book, Beautiful Darkness, it is really good and, personally, I like the book version more than the movie. I really like the movie but disagree with some of the really important things they cut out. I like the movie, I just liked it more before I read the book version.

message 47: by Maria (new)

Maria Tafoya when they make books out of movies they never get it 100 percent right... but i do hope they keep it going you cant just leave a movie like that... even if its not exactly like the book like safe haven they messed up on that like their was no tomorrow. but they should try it again and maybe the second one will be alot better they wont know till they try.

Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva I was dreading the guy they cast as Ethan and ended up totally charmed by him, so go figure lol. I thought he wad perfect; not what I expected the role needed but I wad happy to be proven wrong. In fact, he sold it for me in ways that helped me overlook the storyline changes.

Kanechamberlain If I'm honest I really enjoyed the film, and believed that the acting was good and so was the whole film. Although I haven't read the book yet.

Nialler IHOPE THEY ARE!!!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Beautiful Creatures (other topics)