Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Threads > Introducing...

Comments (showing 151-200 of 311) (311 new)    post a comment »

message 151: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

CaliGirlRae (Rae_L) | 1996 comments Mod
Hey cool, I didn't know you guys had siblings here on GR. That's awesome. :-)

I can see why she would be on a lot of Lj groups. That's a great place for lots of fandom coms (yay addiction).

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) (Gatadelafuente) | 6997 comments Mod
Yeah I think it keeps her pretty busy. I'll send her an invite anyway since she finally started using her Goodreads account.

message 153: by new_user (new)

new_user Yay! :D LOL.

message 154: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja), Sees Love in All Colors (last edited Aug 04, 2009 01:37PM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) (Gatadelafuente) | 6997 comments Mod
I sent her one. She hasn't replied. I know. Maybe if she starts getting friend invites she'll be enticed to join. She has no GR friends and she's such a cool person. Look at me socially engineering.

message 155: by Arch , Mod (new)

Arch  | 5842 comments Mod
Danielle wrote: "I sent her one. She hasn't replied. I know. Maybe if she starts getting friend invites she'll be enticed to join. She has no GR friends and she's such a cool person. Look at me socially engineering."

Try to get her here first Danielle. She might wonder why strangers, she doesn't even converse with is sending her friend invites.

She will have a blast over here.

message 156: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Yeah! I was going to send her an invite but I didn't want her to think I was a weirdo or anything. Hehe. After she knows me and thinks I'm a weirdo, that's cool though. ;-)

Well I talk about you ladies a lot. I feel like she should know you all. Please do send her an invite. I gave her your book to read, Rae. :)

message 158: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Oh! How cool! Thanks, Danielle. I hope she enjoys it. :-)

I shall send her an invite. :-)

Cool. Maybe she'll come over and chat with us.

message 160: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments too bad women were labeled with the term cougar

what did men get? just robbing the cradle?

Old geezer? Lech?

message 162: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments Welcome Delaney and Giselle!!!

message 163: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments Danielle wrote: "Old geezer? Lech?"

Good point Daneille lol

I have heard those terms. Nothing so sophisticated as cougar.

message 165: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments Eugenia wrote: "Sharon wrote: "too bad women were labeled with the term cougar

what did men get? just robbing the cradle?"

I like cougar, I'm running out trying to get a shirt made with that splashed across ..."

lol ha ha ha

message 166: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments Eugenia wrote: "Sharon wrote: "Eugenia wrote: "Sharon wrote: "too bad women were labeled with the term cougar

I like cougar, I'm running out trying to get a shirt ..."

No you didn't say you have no sense lol ha ha ha

message 167: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments Eugenia wrote: "Sharon wrote: "Eugenia wrote: "Sharon wrote: "Eugenia wrote: "Sharon wrote: "too bad women were labeled with the term cougar

I like cougar, I'm run..."

Well you know yourself it's a good thing :)
Enjoy life!!!

message 168: by Nikki (new)

Nikki (nikkiyy) | 14 comments Hi everyone my name is Nikki. I am a big fan of IR and IE. I was very pleased to find this online book club.

message 169: by Arch , Mod (new)

Nikki wrote: "Hi everyone my name is Nikki. I am a big fan of IR and IE. I was very pleased to find this online book club."

Welcome Nikki. Glad to have you.

What's IE?

Welcome aboard Nikki. Which authors do you prefer in the IR genre? I think IE means interracial erotica. Correct me if I'm wrong, Nikki.

message 171: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Hiya Nikki! Welcome to the group. :-)

message 172: by Nikki (new)

Nikki (nikkiyy) | 14 comments Thanks you for the warm welcome. Yes IE is interracial erotica. I have read a lot of Dahlia Rose but I don't follow any particular author. I just start reading the back of books and go from there.
While I enjoy all IR the bw/am pairing seems to be one of my favorites but it very hard to find. Does anyone have any suggestions?

message 173: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Kei Swanson writes a few bw/am. She did No Ordinary Love (which was pretty cool), Ebony Eyes, A Drummer's Beat to Mend and I think another one.

The IR BWAM shelf is here if you want to check it out: http://www.goodreads.com/group/booksh...

I like that pairing too but it is indeed hard to find it in today's romances.

message 174: by Nikki (new)

Nikki (nikkiyy) | 14 comments Thanks for the suggestion!

I love BWAM myself.

message 176: by Nikki (new)

Nikki (nikkiyy) | 14 comments Thank you dreamwild1985!

message 177: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

You're welcome. :-)

message 178: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Green (Niki_G) Hi!

Nice to meet everyone. From skimming over the posts, I think I'm going to like being a member of this group.

I'm a huge fan of interracial romance. One of the happiest days of my reading life was discovering my first IR novel--I'm Your Girl by J.J. Murray. I couldn't believe someone was writing what I'd always wanted to read. Since then, I've been an avid IR reader. I was even inspired to try to get my writing published. And in February, it will! More details on my site for anyone interested: http://nicolegreen.webs.com.

I'm so glad to be here with you all!

message 179: by Arch , Mod (last edited Sep 11, 2009 10:55PM) (new)

Hi Nicole. Welcome!

Your link is not working for me Nicole.

message 180: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Hiya Nicole! I'm so waiting for your book. :-D

Glad to see you here at GR!

Welcome aboard, Nicole.

I'm sorry to hear that about your apartment, Eugenia. But I'm glad you're safe and your computer didn't get stolen.

message 183: by new_user (new)

new_user Wow, I'm really sorry to hear that, Eugenia. That really was dastardly. I'm glad you're all right.

message 184: by Arch , Mod (new)

I'm sorry to hear about the breakin Eugenia. I'm glad that you are okay.

message 185: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

That's a bummer. Yeah, glad you're okay at least Eugenia. Hopefully you can settle back in soon.

message 186: by Justine (new)

Justine L2r | 877 comments So sorry to hear Eugenia. My thoughts are with you.

message 187: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Green (Niki_G) Arch wrote: "Hi Nicole. Welcome!

Your link is not working for me Nicole."

Hi Arch, thanks for the welcome! Yeah, I've been having trouble with that link and I don't know if it's the site or me. But if you copy and paste the address into your browser, you should be fine: http://nicolegreen.webs.com. Thanks again!

message 188: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Green (Niki_G) Rae wrote: "Hiya Nicole! I'm so waiting for your book. :-D

Glad to see you here at GR!"

Hi Rae! Thanks for the welcome! :)

message 189: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Green (Niki_G) Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Welcome aboard, Nicole."

Hi, Danielle! Thanks for the welcome! :)

message 190: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Green (Niki_G) Eugenia wrote: "Thanks guys, I'm fine it just sucks. I'd really had a good day yesterday and then I come home and that's what I'm greeted with. But I thank God I wasn't sitting in there when this took place becaus..."

Well, I'm glad you're okay, but sorry to hear you went through all of that, Eugenia.

message 191: by Arch , Mod (new)

Nicole, I've saved your website to my favorites.

message 192: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Green (Niki_G) Arch wrote: "Nicole, I've saved your website to my favorites."

Thanks, Arch! I appreciate it a LOT! :)

message 193: by Arch , Mod (new)

You are welcome Nicole.

message 194: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Green (Niki_G) dreamwild1985 wrote: "hi nicole! welcome to the club :-)"

Thanks, dreamwild! Happy to be here.

message 195: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Green (Niki_G) Eugenia wrote: "Nicole wrote: "Eugenia wrote: "Thanks guys, I'm fine it just sucks. I'd really had a good day yesterday and then I come home and that's what I'm greeted with. But I thank God I wasn't sitting in th..."

Thanks, Eugenia. I'm so glad I found this place and all of you. To think--just four short years ago, I didn't even know there was an interracial romance market. The only thing better than discovering that is discovering you guys.

message 196: by Arch , Mod (new)

Aw! That's sweet Nicole. We are happy to have you around.

Hey,do you want to join the writing challenge. Some of us are still writing to the Royal Challenge. Eugenia started the Uniform challenge. I'll like to see other people join the Uniform challenge.

Clearly you are not alone, Eugenia. This is a very obsessable genre. :)

message 198: by Chaeya (new)

Chaeya | 453 comments Hi all,

My name is Chaeya and I'm just getting the hang of Goodreads. I write multicultural romantic elements stories and within that, there is usually an interracial romance within that. I tend to write epics/sagas so there are a number of supporting characters in my stories outside of the hero and heroine. I know a number of people here already from other boards. I have a debut sci-fi/fantasy novel coming out December 1 called "Srae Iss-Ka-Mala." You can read an excerpt on my profile or on my website: http://chaeya.com/?page_id=3. I have to get used to promoting myself because I've never been that good at it. I'm not a shy person, just when it comes to my work.

message 199: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Hiya Chaeya! Welcome to the group. :-D

SF/Fantasy? *ears perk up*

Must check out your work. Congrats on your upcoming release btw! :-D

I know what you mean about promotion. I feel weird doing it myself but there are lots of readers who would love to check out your work. And there are some great online promo places that love to help readers get the word out. They're pretty reasonably priced also. If you want me to send you some links, let me know! :-)

message 200: by Arch , Mod (new)

Welcome Chaeya. I'm a shy person and very shy, when it comes to my work. I'm not an author, I'm just a writer.

I'm trying to get more people to write to our theme challenges. Eugenia started our Uniform challenge already. If you don't mind and have time to join our challenge, do so. I'm still working on my Royal Challenge. Danielle and Eugenia are still writing to their Royal challenge. You should check our their stories. Rae has finished her story and it's a good read. Check it out.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Patches Of Grey (other topics)
Fate (other topics)
No Commitment Required (other topics)
A Personal Matter (other topics)
Crush (other topics)