Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Monthly Reading Challenges > April 2009 Reading Challenge

Comments (showing 496-545)    post a comment »

message 545: by Gail (new)

Gail | 110 comments Okay, time to list the Favorite read of the month, and it is definitely ANGEL'S BLOOD by Nalini Singh. It was an intense ride, very dark conflict but with a Win! ending. Loved that book, recommend it to anybody who likes intense urban fantasy.
Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, Book 1) by Nalini Singh, by Nalini Singh. Nalini Singh (I think she's just the cutest thing--)

Melody (Melos) | 22 comments Completed.

1. Sex & the Immortal Bad Boy (Immortally Sexy, Book 4) - Stephanie Rowe
2. Blood Bound (Mercedes Thompson, Book 2) - Patricia Briggs
3. alternate One Bite With A Stranger (Others, Book 6) - Christine Warren
4. alternate Magic in the Wind (Drake Sisters, Book 1), Christine Feehan
5. Demon's Fire (Tales of the Demon World, Book 3) - Emma Holly
6. Primal Needs (Prime, Book 7) - Suzan Sizemore
7. Jacob (Nightwalkers, Book 1) - Jacquelyn Frank
8. alternate The Perfect Poison (Arcane Society, Book 6), Amanda Quick
9. The Pagan Stone (Sign of Seven Trilogy, Book 3) - Nora Roberts

Sex & the Immortal Bad Boy (Immortally Sexy, Book 4) by Stephanie Rowe Blood Bound (Mercedes Thompson, #2) by Patricia Briggs One Bite With A Stranger (The Others, Book 6) by Christine Warren Magic in the Wind (Drake Sisters,  #1) (Reissue) by Christine Feehan Demon's Fire  A Tale of the Demon World (Tales of the Demon World, Book 3) by Emma Holly [image error] Jacob (Nightwalkers Series 1) by Jacquelyn Frank The Perfect Poison (Arcane Society, Book 6) by Amanda Quick [image error]

Michelle | 79 comments ALL DONE!

1. Jacob (Nightwalkers Series 1)***** 4-10
2.Tempting the Beast (Breed Series, #1) - Leigh, Lora*****4-5
3.The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, #1) - Showalter, Gena *****4-4
4.A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2) Cole, Kresley *****4-2
5.Pleasure Unbound (Demonica Series, Book 1) Ione, Larissa***** 4-11
6.A Rush of Wings (The Maker's Song, Book 1)*****4-8
7.You Slay Me (Aisling Grey, Guardian, Book 1) Katie MacAlister******4-6
8. Midnight Bayou – Nora Roberts*****4-15
9. The Bride - Julie Garwood******4-27

Jacob (Nightwalkers Series 1) by Jacquelyn Frank Tempting the Beast (Breed Series, #1) by Lora Leigh [image error] A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2) by Kresley Cole [image error] [image error] You Slay Me (Aisling Grey, Guardian, Book 1) by Katie MacAlister Midnight Bayou by Nora Roberts The Bride by Julie Garwood

Lady Ozma | 454 comments Did you? OK. Good cause I've been wanting it to read. LOL I'll have to remember to pull it out to take to Balticon then. Hmmm, maybe I'll do an interview while I'm at it. LOL Because more interviews is always good! I have so many to edit right now... LOL

Ann aka Iftcan (Iftcan) | 2397 comments Mod
Um Oz--YOU have the book--I brought it to you already. And no, its not autographed. Go for it. :o)

Lady Ozma | 454 comments Great job, Rebecca J!

Lady Ozma | 454 comments 8 down 1 to go!!! YAY!

Finished:
1. Max Ride Book 2: School's Out Forever
2. Vampire Academy Book 1: Vampire Academy
3. Mercy Book 4: Bone Crossed
4. Accidental Book 3: The Accidental Human
5. Alpha and Omega Book 1: Cry Wolf
6. Broken Hearts Book 2: Don't Talk Back to Your Vampire
7. Study Book 2: Magic Study
8. Glass Book 1: Storm Glass

Currently Reading:
9. Doctor Who: Forever Autumn

rebecca j (technophobe) | 121 comments 1. Small Favor - Jim Butcher (Harry Dresden #10)** Finished!
2. Lover's Bite - Maggie Shayne **Finished!
3. Casual Hex - Vicki Lewis Thompson **Finished!
4. Plum Spooky - Janet Evanovich **Finished!
5. Shadow of the Moon - Rebecca York ** Finished!
6. Magic Bites - Ilona Andrews - **Finished!
7.The Salem Witch Tryouts - Kelly McClymer **Finished!
8. Thunder Moon - Lori Handelhand **Finished!
9. The Immortal Hunter - Lynsay Sands **Finished!

Lady Ozma | 454 comments Grats, Karen!!!!

Lady Ozma | 454 comments Ann wrote: "Ok, I guess its close enough to the end of the month to tell my fav of this month's books. This was a HARD month to pick. 6 of the 9 series were the latest book for that series, and since I have ..."

Mom, do you have that book autographed? If not let me know and I'll take it to get signed for you. She's a great author!

message 535: by Stav (new)

Stav (voliotisa) | 291 comments 7 read, 2 more to go...I hope I can get them done by thursday
1. Acheron (Dark Hunter #22) – Sherilyn Kenyon 4/7
2. Curse the Dawn (Cassie Palmer #4) – Karen Chance 4/21
3. Minion (Vampire Huntress Legend #1) – L.A. Banks 4/13
4. The Nymphos of Rocky Flats (Felix Gomez #1) – Mario Acevedo
5. The Last Watch (Night Watch #4) – Sergei Lukyanenko
6. A Rush of Wings (The Maker’s Song #1) – Adrian Phoenix 4/3
7. Undead and Unwed (Undead #1 ) –Mary Janice Davidson 4/15
8. Dark Lover (BDB #1) – J.R. Ward 4/10
9. A Kiss of Shadows (Meredith Gentry Series #1) – Laurell K. Hamilton 4/26

Acheron (Dark-Hunter, #22) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Curse the Dawn (Cassie Palmer, Book 4) by Karen Chance Minion (Vampire Huntress Legend, Book 1) by L.A. Banks The Nymphos of Rocky Flats (Felix Gomez,  Book 1) by Mario Acevedo The Last Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko [image error] Undead and Unwed (Undead Series, Book 1) by MaryJanice Davidson Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward A Kiss of Shadows (Meredith Gentry 1)  by Laurell K. Hamilton

Jennifer | 16 comments One left...

1. Passion Unleashed -- Larissa Ione -- FINISHED
2. Immortal Hunter -- Lynsay Sands -- FINISHED
3. Secret Life of a Vampire -- Kerrelyn Sparks -- FINISHED
4. Accidentally Dead -- Dakota Cassidy -- FINISHED
5. Frostbite -- Richelle Mead -- FINISHED
6. Master of Wolves -- Angela Knight
7. Riding the Storm -- Sydney Croft -- FINISHED
8. I'm the Vampire, That's Why -- Michele Bardsley -- FINISHED
9. Glass Houses -- Rachel Caine -- FINISHED

Whew! It nice to see this list and what I've knocked off from my TRB pile.

message 533: by Jennifer (last edited Apr 26, 2009 01:35PM) (new)

Jennifer (jeniferj) | 63 comments ALL DONE! Wow, that was fun! Thanks for the idea, Yz! I *might* have time to get one more done before the end of the month, for a total of 10. That would be cool.

1. La Vida Vampire - Nancy Haddock (Paranorma/UF Group Read) 4/1 REALLY liked this book.
2. Ill Wind - Rachel Caine (Urban Fantasy Group Read) 4/3 Really liked this one, too!
3. Turn Coat - Jim Butcher 4/11 As always, I loved this Dresden book. Butcher is one of my top three favorite writers.
4. Wicked Game - Jeri Smith-Ready 4/6 Enjoyed this one quite a lot. Looking forward to the next one.
5. Some Girls Bite A Chicagoland Vampires Novel - Chloe Neill 4/19 This was a really good book, worth reading. I wrote a review, so you can check that out. I'm looking forward to more of these.
6. Living With The Dead - Kelley Armstrong 4/15 I liked this book more than I thought I would; not my fav Women of the Otherworld characters, but very good mystery!
7. Red-Headed Stepchild - Jaye Wells 4/26 I liked this, though it felt as if the emotional complexity of the characters could have been deeper. But, I'm looking forward to the next one.
8. Night Shift - Lilith Saintcrow 4/17 This is the sixth Saintcrow books I've read, and I'm just going to have to admit that the writing style isn't clicking with me. I really want to like these books, and I don't dislike them, per se. But they don't give me a "happy," either.
9. Darkfever - Karen Marie Moning 4/11 This one isn't my cup of tea, I'm afraid.

I also read this month Change Your Brain Change Your Life and listened to Touch the Dark and Magic Bites.

La Vida Vampire (Oldest City Vampire, Book 1) by Nancy HaddockIll Wind (Weather Warden, Book 1) by Rachel Caine[image error][image error]Some Girls Bite  A Chicagoland Vampires Novel by Chloe NeillLiving with the Dead (Women of the Otherworld 9) by Kelley ArmstrongRed-Headed Stepchild (Sabina Kane, Book 1) by Jaye WellsNight Shift (Jill Kismet, Book 1) by Lilith SaintcrowDarkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning

Ok, I guess its close enough to the end of the month to tell my fav of this month's books. This was a HARD month to pick. 6 of the 9 series were the latest book for that series, and since I have been following the series, well, guess you all know what that means, right? :o) After long hard (and agonizing) thought I decided to do the choice the scientific way--I wrote down the names of all 9 on a slip of paper, dropped them into a bowl, then picked one. And the winner is---Wicked Game by Jerri Smith-Ready. Ok, that's one of the 3 new series, but it was a GOOD BOOK. An interesting take on vamps (having to stay "in contact" with the era that you were brought over) and if you didn't, you faded and essentially died permanently. Team up a bunch of DJ vamps with a con artist and you have a really interesting mix. SO, this is definately a "good read" recommendation.

[image error]

message 531: by UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... (last edited Apr 26, 2009 10:44AM) (new)

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Update 4/26

1. Dark Lover - JR Ward ***** Love BDB
2. Pleasure Unbound - Larissa Ione **** This one took me a bit of time to get into. In the end though, I really liked it.
3. Coyote's Mate - Lora Leigh ***** I love Lora Leigh's Breeds, and this one was great, right out of the starting gate.
4. A Rush of Wings - Adrian Phoenix****I really, really, really like this story. It's different, more intense, than most vampire novels I've read. Love Dante!
5. Hotter After Midnight - Cynthia Eden*** I just didn't connect to the characthers like I have in the other books, though it was funny as all get out in places.
6. If Angels Burn - Lynn Veihl **** I truly enjoyed this book!
7. A Mermaid's Kiss - Joey Hill
8. Sons of Avalon:Merlin's Prophecy - Dee Marie**** This is a great take on Merlin
9. Kiss of Midnight - Lara Adrian****
Sons of Avalon  Merlin's Prophecy by Dee Marie [image error] Coyote's Mate (Breed Series, #18) by Lora Leigh [image error] Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed,  #1) by Lara Adrian Hotter After Midnight (Midnight Series, Book 1) by Cynthia Eden A Mermaid's Kiss (Daughters of Arriane, Book 1) by Joey W. Hill
Just one more to go. Had to change out Storm Glass because it hasn't arrived yet.

Martina the Book Fairy (book_fairy) | 438 comments Martina is FINISHED!!

1) Eclipse, Twilight Saga #3 by Stephenie Meyer - 4/16 - 5 stars - I think this is my favorite of the series so far.
2) The Accidental Human, Accidental Friends #3 by Dakota Cassidy - 4/4 - 3 stars - cute but IMO not as good as first two in series.
3) Kitty and the Dead Man's Hand, Kitty Norville #5 by Carrie Vaughn - 4/20 - 4 stars - pretty much in line with the rest of the Kitty series.
4) Angels' Blood, Guild Hunter #1 by Nalini Singh - 4/9 - 5 stars! A MUST read for fans of this author or for anyone who likes a new take on their favorite paranormal creatures. Angels, vamps & hunters in particular.
5) Enslave Me Sweetly, Alien Huntress #2 by Gena Showalter - 4/7 - 4 stars - a little more edgy than most of Ms. Showalter's other series & I liked this one better than Book 1 in the series.
6) Lover Unbound, Black Dagger Brotherhood #5 by J.R. Ward - 4/6 - 5 stars - this series continues to rock my world!
7)Over My Dead Body, Broken Heart, Oklahoma, #5 by Michele Bardsley - 4/25 - 4.5 stars - this continues to be one of my favorite "fluffier"/feel good series. I can't wait for the next one!
8) On the Prowl, Tales of an Urban Werewolf #2 by Karen MacInerney - 4/2 - 4.5 stars - really liked it! Better than first book in series.
9) Stolen, Women of the Otherworld #2 by Kelley Armstrong - 4/12 - 5 stars - I read book #1 in Feb for the challenge but was unconvinced by the series. Am glad I gave it a shot w/#2 b/c I really enjoyed this book.

[image error] The Accidental Human (Accidental Friends, Book 3) by Dakota Cassidy [image error] Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, Book 1) by Nalini Singh Enslave Me Sweetly (Alien Huntress, #2) by Gena Showalter Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #5) by J.R. Ward Over My Dead Body (Broken Heart Vampires, #5) by Michele Bardsley [image error] Stolen (Women of the Otherworld, Book 2) by Kelley Armstrong

Note that I substituted Over My Dead Body (Broken Heart, OK #5) for the Vampire Academy book. I realized that I wanted to re-read the rest of the VA series before starting #3. And it helped that I found the BH book in stores before it's official release date! Haha!

Nichole (Dirty H) (DirtyH) 1. Visions of Heat by Nalini Singh *4/25
2. Seduced by Moonlight by Laurell K Hamilton *4/22
3. Desire Unchained by Larissa Ione
4. Ill Wind by Rachel Caine
5. Deadly Desire by Keri Arthur *4/15
6. Bitten by Kelley Armstrong *4/21
7. The Darkest Kiss by Gena Showalter *4/18
8. Vulnerable by Amy Lane
9. Soul Mates: Bound by Blood by Jourdan Lane *4/17

Visions of Heat (Psy-Changeling, #2) by Nalini Singh Seduced by Moonlight (Meredith Gentry 3)  by Laurell K. Hamilton [image error] Ill Wind (Weather Warden, Book 1) by Rachel Caine Deadly Desire (Riley Jenson Guardian, Book 7) by Keri Arthur Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, Book 1) by Kelley Armstrong The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld,  #2) by Gena Showalter Vulnerable (Little Goddess Series, Book 1) by Amy Lane Soul Mates  Bound by Blood (Book 1) by Jourdan Lane

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (DarkHeart) | 737 comments Was blessed by the Scribe Virgin yesterday by getting my copy of Lover Avenged early. Just finished it. LOVED it! Now, to go back and finish up Nightlife to complete the challenge.

1. Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely, #1)- Melissa Marr 08 Apr *****
2. The Summoning (The Darkest Powers, #1) - Kelley Armstrong 19 Apr *****
3. Red-Headed Stepchild (Sabina Kane, #1) - Jaye Wells 05 Apr *****
4. The Nymphos of Rocky Flats A Novel (Felix Gomez, #1) - Mario Acevedo 09 Apr ***
5. Ill Wind (Weather Warden, #1) - Rachel Caine 11 Apr ****
6. La Vida Vampire (Oldest City Vampire, #1) - Nancy Haddock 19 Apr ****
7. Stray (Werecats, #1) - Rachel Vincent 12 Apr *****
8. Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7) - J.R. Ward 25 Apr *****
9. Nightlife (Cal Leandros, #1) - Rob Thurman

Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely, #1) by Melissa Marr The Summoning (The Darkest Powers 1) by Kelley Armstrong Red-Headed Stepchild (Sabina Kane, Book 1) by Jaye Wells The Nymphos of Rocky Flats (Felix Gomez,  Book 1) by Mario Acevedo Ill Wind (Weather Warden, Book 1) by Rachel Caine La Vida Vampire (Oldest City Vampire, Book 1) by Nancy Haddock Stray (Werecats, Book 1) by Rachel Vincent Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7) by J.R. Ward Nightlife (Cal Leandros, Book 1) by Rob Thurman

message 527: by Nicole (last edited Apr 25, 2009 02:21PM) (new)

Nicole (rednikki) | 31 comments Four down. I won't hit 9, but I may hit 5. (It helps that my honey will be in theatrical rehearsals for the next two months.)

1. J.R. Ward - Lover Enshrined
2. Victoria Dahl - A Rake's Guide to Pleasure (um, not really supernatural, but SOOOOOO good!)
3. Susan Kearney - The Dare (this had so much potential, but never quite gelled - the HEA and sci-fi plots seemed to be two separate books)
4. Marjorie M. Liu - Shadow Touch (Liu is rapidly becoming my favorite HEA writer; I adored this book.)

My next book will be Janet Chapman's "Charming the Highlander," which I got from someone who gave me a big box of romance novels when she headed out of town. It's not something I'd usually grab, but there are so many rave reviews of it, I'm hoping it's a good read. Anyone got any feedback on her books?

Diane | 28 comments UPDATE

1.Mona Lisa Awakening by Sunny (Monere Children of the Moon Series Book 1)

2.CIRCLE OF FIRE BY KERI ARTHUR (DAMASK CIRCLE BOOK 1)FINISHED 04/15

3.Moon Called by Patricia Briggs (Mercedes Thompson Series Book 1)

4.KITTY AND THE MIDNIGHT HOUR BY CARRIE VAUGHN (KITTY NORVILLE SERIES BOOK 1) FINISHED 04/25

5.Witchling by Yasmine Galenorn (Sisters of the Moon Series Book 1)

6.WAGES OF SIN BY JENNA MACLAINE (CIN CRAVEN SERIES BOOK 1) FINISHED 04/08

7.DRAGONBORN BY JADE LEE (RAGONA SERIES BOOK 1) FINISHED 04/04

8.HUNTER'S MOON BY LORI HANDELAND (NIGHTCREATURES SERIES BOOK 2) FINISHED 04/04

9.DIME STORE MAGIC BY KELLEY ARMSTRONG (WOMEN OF THE OTHERWORLD BOOK 3) FINISHED 04/20

Mona Lisa Awakening (Monere Book 1) by Sunny Circle of Fire  (Damask Circle series, book 1) by Keri Arthur Moon Called (Mercedes Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs Kitty and the Midnight Hour (Kitty Norville, Book 1) by Carrie Vaughn Witchling (Sisters of the Moon, Book 1) by Yasmine Galenorn Wages of Sin (Cin Craven, #1) by Jenna Maclaine Dragonborn by Jade Lee Hunter's Moon (Nightcreature, #2) by Lori Handeland Dime Store Magic (Women of the Underworld, Book 3) by Kelley Armstrong

Really loved Kitty and the Midnight Hour, I read the book back in 2005 and like it ok then, now years later I find myself wanting to carry on reading more about Kitty. Going to have to give this book 4 stars.

message 525: by Kristen (last edited Apr 28, 2009 07:34PM) (new)

Kristen Just finished Iron Kissed and I think it's my favorite Mercy book so far. So good and so involving and emotional! I don't want to give anything away, but it's nice to see Mercy figuring out some romance issues...

1. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams

2. True Blood by Patricia Waddell

3. May Bird and the Ever After Book One by Jodi Lynn Anderson

4. Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs (Alpha & Omega, Book 1)

5. Iron Kissed by Patricia Briggs (Mercy Thompson, Book 3)

6. City of Glass by Cassandra Clare (Mortal Instruments, Book 3)

7. Storm Glass by Maria V. Snyder

8. Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr

9.Wintersmith A Discworld Novel by Terry Pratchett

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Trilogy, Book 1) by Douglas Adams True Blood by Patricia Waddell May Bird and the Ever After  Book One (Paperback) by Jodi Lynn Anderson [image error] [image error] City of Glass (Mortal Instruments, Book 3) by Cassandra Clare Storm Glass (Glass, Book 1) by Maria V. Snyder [image error] Wintersmith (Discworld, Book 35) by Terry Pratchett

message 524: by Barbara ★ (last edited Apr 29, 2009 07:21PM) (new)

Barbara ★ COMPLETE 4/29

1. The Mage by Jean Johnson (Sons of Destiny #8) 4/29
2. A Witch's Beauty by Joey W. Hill (Daughters of Arriane #2) 4/19
3. La Vida Vampire by Nancy Haddock (Oldest City Vampire #1) 4/22
4. Highland Warrior by Monica McCarty (Campbell Trilogy #1) 4/27
5. Daja's Book by Tamora Pierce (Circle of Magic #3) 4/28
6. Deadly Desire by Keri Arthur (Riley Jensen Guardian #8) 4/6
7. The Perfect Poison by Amanda Quick (Arcane Society #6) 4/24
8. Briar's Book by Tamora Pierce (Circle of Magic #4) 4/28
9. Rising Moon by Lori Handeland (Nightcreatures #6) 4/9

Michelle | 79 comments Brandy wrote: "one book left and it comes in Tuesday

Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7) by J.R. WardLover Avenged"

ME TOO! I can't wait until Tuesday. I'm heading straight to the bookstore as soon as it opens... =)

MK (Food actvist) (Daalmonette) 1.At Graves End by Jeaniene Frost, Night Huntress Book 3 finished 4-23-09
2. Passion Unleashed Demonica Book 3 finished 4-09

Brandy *Ahviel* (ahviel) | 257 comments one book left and it comes in Tuesday

Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7) by J.R. WardLover Avenged

message 520: by UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... (last edited Apr 24, 2009 09:33AM) (new)

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Yz wrote: "Love her patients; they are just hilarious. I will be definitely reading more of her books."

Exactly! The succubus who wanted to something other than a sex symbol...the vampire who couldn't bring himself to drink blood? Toooo funny!

Well, I started a spreadsheet to track it--in Jan, Feb and March we read a total of 484 books. I will add April when you post the final numbers for it, and will keep it going all year, if you all are interested.

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 1019 comments Mod
Ann,

No, I'm not keeping track of number of books we read in the different challenges, but that is not a bad idea.

Uniquely Moi,

I read Hotter After Midnight based on new_user recommendation, and I enjoyed that book. Devoured it in a day. Love her patients; they are just hilarious. I will be definitely reading more of her books.

message 517: by [deleted user] (new)

1. From Dead to Worse by Charlian Harris (4/4/09)
2. Beyond the Highland Mists by Karen Moning (4/6/09)
3. The Laughing Corpse (Anita Blake #2) by Laurell K. Hamilton (4/9/09)
4. Fantasy Lover by Kenyon (4/10/09)
5. A Rush of Wings by Adrian Phoenix (4/21/09)
6. Soul Mates: Bound by Blood (4/23/09)

[image error] Beyond the Highland Mist (Highlander, #1) by Karen Marie Moning The Laughing Corpse (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter  Book 2)  by Laurell K. Hamilton Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon [image error] Soul Mates  Bound by Blood (Book 1) by Jourdan Lane

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... I'm working on Hotter After Midnight and I'm telling ya, it's pretty stinkin' funny! I didn't think I was going to like it much because it seemed too light, and most PNR I read (BDB, Midnight Breeds, etc.,) is pretty intense. I really like Cynthia Eden's writing style.

Hey YZ--are you keeping a spreadsheet somewhere with the total number of books we've read as a group so far this year? If not, I think we need to do so. :o)

Lady Ozma | 454 comments Holy cow 294 books???? Dang we are rocking! Yay to everyone!

message 513: by Moderatrix Lori (last edited Apr 27, 2009 11:18AM) (new)

Moderatrix Lori  (ModeratrixLori) One more to go...

Nicholas (The Lords of Satyr #1) by Elizabeth Amber Don't Ask, Don't Tell by Sean Michael Stolen (Women of the Otherworld, Book 2) by Kelley Armstrong Blood Bound (Mercedes Thompson, #2) by Patricia Briggs At Grave's End (Night Huntress, Book 3) by Jeaniene Frost Dark Defender (Paladins of Darkness, Book 2) by Alexis Morgan Full Moon Rising (Riley Jenson Guardian Series, Book 1) by Keri Arthur Soul Mates  Deceptions (Book 2) by Jourdan Lane Mona Lisa Craving (Monere, Book 3) by Sunny

1. Nicholas by Elizabeth Amber (The Lords of Satyr Series #1)

2. Don't Ask, Don't Tell by Sean Michael (Jar Head Series #1)

3. Stolen by Kelly Armstrong (Women of the Underworld Series #2)

4. Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs (Mercedes Thompson Series #2)

5. At Grave's End by Jeaniene Frost (Night Huntress Series #3)

6. Dark Defender by Alexis Morgan

7. Full Moon Rising by Keri Author (The Riley Jenson Guardian Series #1)

8. Soul Mates Deceptions by Jourdan Lane (Soul Mates Series #2)

9. Mona Lisa Craving A Novel of the Monere by Sunny (Monere: Children of the Moon Series #3)

Other books read:
Drawn Together
Soul Mates Sacrifice
Nicholas
The Ta'e'sha Chronicles 1 Daughters of Terra
Stolen
Gym Dandy
Raine
Soul Mates Secrets
Gemini

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1593 comments Dammit! Just missed the update! Well, I'm done with 7 now...

1. Thunderbird Falls, CE Murphy
2. The Queen's Bastard, CE Murphy
3. The Warrior, Kinley MacGregor
4. The Thin Woman, Dorothy Cannell
5. Curse the Dawn, Karen Chance
6. Swimming Without a Net, MaryJanice Davidson
7. Accidentally Dead, Dakota Cassidy
8. The Royal Mess, MaryJanice Davidson
9. Bit the Jackpot, Erin McCarthy

Swimming Without a Net was silly fun.

message 511: by Yz the Whyz (last edited Apr 23, 2009 07:21PM) (new)

April 23 Update:

Karen - 6 books done
Ann - 9 books done - Completed - Congratulations!
Brandy - 8 books done
Michelle M - 6 books done
Nichole - 5 books done
DarkHeart - 7 books done
Dawn - 8 books done
Stav - 6 books done
Shazzy - 9 books done - Completed - Congratulations!
Lori(metamorphosis) - 6 books done
Kristen - 7 book done
Angie - 9 books done - Completed - Congratulations!
Jael - 8 books done
Jamie - 3 books done
Kristina
Shanna
Jessie
Michelle - 8 books done
Gail - 9 books done - Completed - Congratulations!
Jennifer (FL) - 7 books done
Moss - 9 books done - Completed - Congratulations!
Yz - 5 books done
Diane - 5 books done
Melinda - 9 books done - Completed - Congratulations!
Melody - 7 books done
Anna - 1 book done
Jennifer(jeniferj) - 8 books done
Annvelwis - 9 books done - Completed - Congratulations!
Delitealex - 9 books done - Completed - Congratulations!
rebeccaj - 7 books done
Barbara(barbsis) - 2 book done
Martina - 7 books done
Lady Ozma - 7 books done
Sarah - 3 books done
Victoria - 9 books done - Completed - Congratulations!
Valerie - 3 books done
Michelle(shelli_m) - 9 books done - Completed - Congratulations
Lori Rosenbrook - 5 books done
Barbara(darkxhuntress - 2 books done
Sarah Buhl - 7 books done
Uniquely Moi - 7 books done
Soulin - 6 books done
Sarah(fields) - 9 books done - Completed - Congratulations!
Amy - 7 books done

The following had signed up since last update:

Kenjii - 1 book done
Tricia - 5 books done
Nicole - 3 books done
Richelle -
Jennifer (Jen421) - 3 books done
colleen - 9 books done - Completed - Congratulations!

Group's running total: 294 books read.

Also 12 participants have already completed the challenge.

Signing up will remain open throughout the whole month.

Note: For ease of tracking, please repost your official list with your progress after every update. Striking out the title and/or a finished date after the book's name will be best.

Next update will be April 26.

APRIL PNR CHALLENGE LIST (BOOKS IN A SERIES)
4/23 Update

1. IronKissed by Patricia Briggs (Mercedes Thompson series Book 3) finished 4/8
2. Stray by Rachel Vincent (Werecat Series Book 1) finished 4/14
3. Bitten by Kelly Armstrong (Women of the Underworld Book 1)
4. Fire Me Up by Katie MacAlister (Aisling Grey Series Book 2) finished 4/2
5. Claimed by Shadow by Karen Chance (Cassie Palmer Series Book 2) 4/21
6. Wild Rain by Christine Feehan (Leopard Series Book 2)
7. At Grave's End by Jeaninie Frost (Nighthuntress Series Book 3)
8. Shades of Dark by Linnea Sinclair (Dock Five Universe Series Book 2)
9. Hotter After Midnight by Cynthia Eden (Midnight series Book 1) finished 4/8

Delitealex | 49 comments 1. Bad Blood by LA Banksapr 9
2. dark lover JR Ward apr 3
3. Nice girls don't have fangs by molly harper apr 4
4. at graves end jeaniene frostapr 12
5. midnight rising Lara adrianapr 6
6. iron kissed patricia briggsapr 10
7. mona lisa awakening sunnyapr 5
8. fistfull of charms kim harrisonar 23
9. industrial magic kelley armstrongapr15

I'm finally finished

Lady Ozma | 454 comments YAY!!!!

Nichole (Dirty H) (DirtyH) Lady Ozma wrote: "YZ that stinks!!! Sorry about that! I hope you can find a keyboard you like without too much trouble. Meanwhile we'll survive a little longer :)"

We don't have to - she posted May's challenge!
(Thanks, Yz!!!)

Lady Ozma | 454 comments YZ that stinks!!! Sorry about that! I hope you can find a keyboard you like without too much trouble. Meanwhile we'll survive a little longer :)

message 505: by Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (last edited Apr 30, 2009 03:31PM) (new)

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) Update 4/23
1. A Rush of Wings by Adrian*** Phoenix
2.Desire Unchainedby Larissa Ione
3.The Rogue Hunterby Lynsay Sands****
4.Frostbiteby Richelle Mead****
5.Chosenby P.C. Cast***
6.Tall, Dark and Kilted by Alie MacKay****
7.Faefeverby Karen marie Moning****
8.Devil of the Highlandsby Lynsay Sands***
9.Playing With Fireby Katie MacAlister***

[image error] [image error] [image error] Frostbite (Vampire Academy, Book 2) by Richelle Mead Chosen (House of Night #3) by P.C. Cast [image error] [image error] Playing With Fire (Silver Dragons, Bk. 1) by Katie MacAlister

Kristen Aw that's horrible! At least it's not a laptop! Then you'd be in big trouble. I can't wait for the May Challenge post! I'll be checking on and off tonight.

I'd just like to let everybody know, I fried my keyboard last Tuesday night by accidentally spilling coffee on it. I planned to have the new challenge to be up on the 21st plus the update, but I cannot type anything.

I'm posting at work right now, but I will pick up a new keyboard tonight. I'll see if I can post May Challenge today.

Thanks for everybody's patience. Yes, Ann, I heard you...LOL

rebecca j (technophobe) | 121 comments My list:

1. Small Favor - Jim Butcher (Harry Dresden #10)** Finished!
2. Lover's Bite - Maggie Shayne **Finished!
3. Casual Hex - Vicki Lewis Thompson **Finished!
4. Plum Spooky - Janet Evanovich **Finished!
5. Bound By Light - Anna Windsor
6. Magic Bites - Ilona Andrews - **Finished!
7.The Salem Witch Tryouts - Kelly McClymer **Finished!
8. The Lost Queen - Frewin Jones (Fairy Path #2)
9. The Immortal Hunter - Lynsay Sands **Finished!

Lady Ozma | 454 comments LOL Poor Mom. Aren't you busy enough sewing?

(whining) when will the May challenge be posted? Its getting close to the end of the month and I need to start combing through the stacks here at home to see what I have that will fit. (whine, whine, whine)

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Update 4/22

1. Dark Lover - JR Ward ***** Love BDB
2. Pleasure Unbound - Larissa Ione **** This one took me a bit of time to get into. In the end though, I really liked it.
3. Coyote's Mate - Lora Leigh ***** I love Lora Leigh's Breeds, and this one was great, right out of the starting gate.
4. A Rush of Wings - Adrian Phoenix I really, really, really like this story. It's different, more intense, than most vampire novels I've read. Love Dante!
5. Hotter After Midnight - Cynthia Eden
6. If Angels Burn - Lynn Veihl
7. Storm Glass - Maria V. Snyder
8. Sons of Avalon:Merlin's Prophecy - Dee Marie (I really like this book)
9. Kiss of Midnight - Lara Adrian
Sons of Avalon  Merlin's Prophecy by Dee Marie Storm Glass (Glass, Book 1) by Maria V. Snyder If Angels Burn  A Novel of the Darkyn (Darkyn #1) by Lynn Viehl [image error] Coyote's Mate (Breed Series, #18) by Lora Leigh [image error] Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, 1) by J.R. Ward Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed Series,  #1) by Lara Adrian
Hotter After Midnight (Midnight Series, Book 1) by Cynthia Eden

message 498: by colleen (last edited Apr 22, 2009 12:00PM) (new)

colleen (colleenFL) | 131 comments All done. Can't wait to see what the May challenge will be!

1. Personal Demons (Megan Chase, Book 1) Stacia Kane 4/4/09
2. Hunted (House of Night, Book 5) P.C. Cast 4/7/09
3. Murder Game (GhostWalkers, Book 7) Christine Feehan 4/15/09
4. Turn Coat (Dresden Files, Book 11) Jim Butcher 4/10/09
5. Deadly Harvest (Flynn Brothers, Book 2) Heather Graham 4/20/09
6. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, Book 4) J.K. Rowling 4/21/09
7. The Perfect Poison (Arcane Society, Book 6) Amanda Quick 4/21/09
8. Kiss of Fire (Dragonfire, Book 1) Deborah Cooke 4/22/09
9. Moonstruck (Borderlands, Book 1) Susan Grant 4/22/09

Least favorite was Moonstruck. Most favorite was Turn Coat.

[image error] Hunted (House of Night #5) by P.C. Cast Murder Game (GhostWalkers, #7) by Christine Feehan [image error] Deadly Harvest (Flynn Brothers, #2) by Heather Graham Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Book 4) by J.K. Rowling The Perfect Poison (Arcane Society, Book 6) by Amanda Quick Kiss of Fire  A Dragonfire Novel (Dragonfire, Book 1) by Deborah Cooke Moonstruck (Borderlands, Book 1) by Susan Grant

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... I think that of the 3, Magic Study was my favorite. It was sooo funny I was literally ROFLing.

But, they are all fabulous!

Lady Ozma | 454 comments Good luck getting Magic Study in! Darn the library! Interlibrary loan? It's so great!! I also recommend Storm Glass coming out in just a few days. You'll learn about the character in Storm Glass in Magic Study. :) I'm 3/5ths of the way done with it and it's great so far!!

let me know what you think of the Angel Experiment. There's like four other books after that one :) Just a warning! I hated to not continue with the series but this darn challenge said only one! But if I finish up early, I'm so going to be picking up book 3!