David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2)
This topic is about Scarlet
Buddy Reads! > Scarlet Buddy Read!

Comments (showing 1-50 of 75) (75 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; The Talented One! (new) - rated it 4 stars

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 7888 comments Mod
Everyone come join Karen, Jenny and I for a buddy read of Scarlet by Marissa Meyer, the sequel to Cinder! We're starting on Saturday, February 16th. There's no limit to how many chapters we're reading each day, so everyone can read at their own pace, but please post what chapter you're up to and use spoiler tags so we know which comments we can read once we're far enough along.

Other than that, HAPPY READING!!

Donna (DonaNicole) | 354 comments I would love to join in but haven't read Cinder yet and I think these books are more than I usually spend. However I am reading Maze Runner which was free or a short time and the sequels and prequel are all almost Ten bucks. Anyway, will read it later and have fun!

message 3: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; The Talented One! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dnicole wrote: "I would love to join in but haven't read Cinder yet and I think these books are more than I usually spend. However I am reading Maze Runner which was free or a short time and the sequels and preque..."

Aww thank you! Hopefully you'll get to read Cinder someday, it's really good! But enjoy The Maze Runner!!

message 4: by Jenny, The Artistic, Generous, Adorable One! (last edited Feb 14, 2013 07:41PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 6328 comments Mod
Just tagging myself in here so I don't lose the thread lol!

Can't wait!

message 5: by Karen, If I Stay won September's BotM!; The Sweetest One! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Karen | 4826 comments Mod
Oh good idea, Jenny. This will be so much fun!

message 6: by Jenny, The Artistic, Generous, Adorable One! (new) - rated it 5 stars

I know! I have the weekend off, too, so even better for me!

message 7: by Karen, If I Stay won September's BotM!; The Sweetest One! (last edited Feb 14, 2013 09:03PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Me too! Saturday morning, I'll grab a cup of my yummy Starbucks machine's Cafe Latte, curl up in my overstuffed chair and turn on my Nook and dig in! ;-). I won't get out of my jammies unless I have to leave the house for something.

message 8: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; The Talented One! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yayyyyyy!! I'm super excited about this too ;)

Kristina | 98 comments Just picked up my copy from the library yesterday. Have to finish The Kill Orderthen I will catch up to the group. Can't wait!

message 10: by Karen, If I Stay won September's BotM!; The Sweetest One! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yay, Kristina!! :)

message 11: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; The Talented One! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristina wrote: "Just picked up my copy from the library yesterday. Have to finish The Kill Orderthen I will catch up to the group. Can't wait!"

Yes!! So glad you'll join us Kristina :)

message 12: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; The Talented One! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Managed to sneak in some reading time and finished the first four chapters :) Really good so far!

(view spoiler)

Donna (DonaNicole) | 354 comments David wrote: "Kristina wrote: "Just picked up my copy from the library yesterday. Have to finish The Kill Orderthen I will catch up to the group. Can't wait!"

Yes!! So glad you'll join us Kristina :)"

Hi, anxious to hear how you liked the Kill Order too. I am still reading Maze Runner and so loving it. Two more books to read in that series and then Kill Order. No spoilers, though, LOL.

message 14: by Karen, If I Stay won September's BotM!; The Sweetest One! (new) - rated it 5 stars

David wrote: "Managed to sneak in some reading time and finished the first four chapters :) Really good so far!

[spoilers removed]"

DAVID, (view spoiler)

Like you, I only made it through a bit of Chapter 5 but this looks like it's going to be sooooooo good!

message 15: by Jenny, The Artistic, Generous, Adorable One! (new) - rated it 5 stars

I am just going to get started reading here in a little bit! Finally done with all those pesky Saturday errands!

message 16: by Jenny, The Artistic, Generous, Adorable One! (new) - rated it 5 stars

I am 18% done

(view spoiler)

message 17: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; The Talented One! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yay!! I'm so excited everyone's started :) I finished chapter 5 and I am so confused about what to think of Wolf!

message 18: by Karen, If I Stay won September's BotM!; The Sweetest One! (new) - rated it 5 stars

I'm about 45% in and I'm still confused about Wolf. Hahah.. I like him? :-)

And Meyer is a big fan of Firefly and Captain Malcom Reynolds. I can see the influence in Cinder's story.

Loving this book!

message 19: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; The Talented One! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lol I'm falling behind already!! Visiting Adele's other cousin and her two kids (4 and 8), they are soooo cute too, I spent all day with them ;)

message 20: by Karen, If I Stay won September's BotM!; The Sweetest One! (new) - rated it 5 stars

David wrote: "Lol I'm falling behind already!! Visiting Adele's other cousin and her two kids (4 and 8), they are soooo cute too, I spent all day with them ;)"

That's cause you're just a big kiddo at heart! ;-)

message 21: by Jenny, The Artistic, Generous, Adorable One! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Slacker! LOL JK! People should come before books!

I'm 44% done, so I'm caught up with Karen. I really, really want to read more tonight, but I'm getting a massive headache, so I think its bedtime!

(view spoiler)

message 22: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; The Talented One! (new) - rated it 4 stars

You are exactly right!! Adele is talking with the adults while I'm playing with toys lol!

message 23: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; The Talented One! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenny wrote: "Slacker! LOL JK! People should come before books!

I'm 44% done, so I'm caught up with Karen. I really, really want to read more tonight, but I'm getting a massive headache, so I think its bedti..."

Lol I'm a slacker :( I. Vow. To. Catch. Up.

message 24: by Karen, If I Stay won September's BotM!; The Sweetest One! (new) - rated it 5 stars

David wrote: "Jenny wrote: "Slacker! LOL JK! People should come before books!

I'm 44% done, so I'm caught up with Karen. I really, really want to read more tonight, but I'm getting a massive headache, so I t..."

Enjoy your family David! You can read any ole time! We'll just post spoilers anyway! You'll catch up!

And Jenny... Favorite part so far!! That was brilliant!

message 25: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; The Talented One! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Thanks but I want to catch up too lol! And I want to read those spoilers!

message 26: by Karen, If I Stay won September's BotM!; The Sweetest One! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenny wrote: "Slacker! LOL JK! People should come before books!

I'm 44% done, so I'm caught up with Karen. I really, really want to read more tonight, but I'm getting a massive headache, so I think its bedti..."

Sorry about your headache Jenny. I was like that this afternoon so had to stop reading. I didn't want to miss anything! I finally got rid of mine!

message 27: by Jenny, The Artistic, Generous, Adorable One! (new) - rated it 5 stars

No headache today, thank goodness!

Up to 71% on the book now, and its really getting good!

(view spoiler)

message 28: by Karen, If I Stay won September's BotM!; The Sweetest One! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ooohhh... I wanna read your spoiler so bad. I had to run MY errands today and just got back so I'll be jumping back in shortly. :) I got a few more pages in at lunch. I took my mangy pup and went to a diner that caters to pooches with dog bowls and doggy biscuits. It's a gorgeous day out (73 degrees) here in sunny Scottsdale. Days like THIS is why I live in my own version of Fire Country!

But, I just want to say, so very cool how the two books are finally weaving together (view spoiler).

message 29: by Karen, If I Stay won September's BotM!; The Sweetest One! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenny wrote: "No headache today, thank goodness!

[spoilers removed]"

And yay to NO headaches!!

message 30: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; The Talented One! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Only 25%, so behind!! I'll try to catch up tonight ;) lol for a real Fire Country! It's freezing in Florida ugh!

message 31: by Karen, If I Stay won September's BotM!; The Sweetest One! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Not so far behind, I'm only at 49%. :-)

message 32: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; The Talented One! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lol thanks ;) I just want to read your spoilers!!

message 33: by Jenny, The Artistic, Generous, Adorable One! (last edited Feb 17, 2013 04:17PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

LOL David! I know that feeling, and I'm amazed I'm so far ahead! But this book is pretty hard to put down!
I'll wait for you to catch up though ;)
I have plenty of other books I should be reading!
I'm in Iowa, so I hear about you warmer weather! Although I think it was close to 40F today, which is unseasonably warm for this time of year!

message 34: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; The Talented One! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lol! You can keep reading, I don't mind ;) It's the coldest day of the year in Palmetto eek! Not much to complain about though as it'll be hot again next week :)

message 35: by Karen, If I Stay won September's BotM!; The Sweetest One! (new) - rated it 5 stars

I'm at 60% but my shows are on now so back to it later!

message 36: by Jenny, The Artistic, Generous, Adorable One! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Go, Karen, go! JK
Enjoy your shows ;)

message 37: by Karen, If I Stay won September's BotM!; The Sweetest One! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eek...! Just finished Chapter 27. Did not see that coming.

message 38: by Karen, If I Stay won September's BotM!; The Sweetest One! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenny wrote: "No headache today, thank goodness!

[spoilers removed]"

Hope you're right, Jenny! At 75% and will likely finish up tonight. ;-). Too close to the end to stop.

message 39: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; The Talented One! (new) - rated it 4 stars

41%! (view spoiler)

message 40: by Jenny, The Artistic, Generous, Adorable One! (new) - rated it 5 stars

I agree, David! Prince Kai is really annoying me too!

message 41: by Karen, If I Stay won September's BotM!; The Sweetest One! (last edited Feb 18, 2013 01:27PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

I've seen reviews that said the same thing about Kai. I'm at 84%. Wanted to finish but fell asleep. Dang it.

What I'm really loving are all the little nuances of the fairy tales (view spoiler)

Really loving this book! Can't wait to see how she brings the next two fairytales into the story!

message 42: by Karen, If I Stay won September's BotM!; The Sweetest One! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Finished! Loved it. Good ending I thought. Looking forward to seeing what everyone else thought! :-)

message 43: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; The Talented One! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Awesome!! I'm still at 41% lol, only reading time I have is just before bed ;)

message 44: by Karen, If I Stay won September's BotM!; The Sweetest One! (new) - rated it 5 stars

I hear ya, David. That's me throughout the week. But because today is kind of a holiday, I pretended I was off for the holiday (to emails and phone calls) but really worked until 2:00. So I really did take a few hours off today! But only to read the end of Scarlet. I just HAD to finish! :-P

message 45: by Jenny, The Artistic, Generous, Adorable One! (new) - rated it 5 stars

I finished it!!! And I loved it!!!

(view spoiler)

message 46: by Karen, If I Stay won September's BotM!; The Sweetest One! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yaayyy Jenny! I agree with what you said about Kai! Fantastic story!

message 47: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; The Talented One! (new) - rated it 4 stars

At 50% but will have a chance to do quite a bit of reading today so hopefully I'll get close to finishing! I am really anxious for Scarlet and Cinder at this point lol

message 48: by Karen, If I Stay won September's BotM!; The Sweetest One! (last edited Feb 19, 2013 02:03PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yay, David! Hope you like it as much as Jenny and I did! (But of course you will!!) ;)

message 49: by Jenny, The Artistic, Generous, Adorable One! (last edited Feb 19, 2013 05:43PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

What do you think of Wolf, David?

message 50: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; The Talented One! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lolita didn't get any reading time after all as I'm back to writing now, but I'll read again tonight but it might take me a couple more days, I'm pathetically slow and the worst buddy reader! But I'm really enjoying it!

I really like Wolf and I want to know more of his backstory because he seems interesting :) Although I'm not completely sold on the love story between him and Scarlet (view spoiler)

« previous 1

David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Kill Order (other topics)
Beautiful Creatures (other topics)