Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books discussion

Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2)
This topic is about Unravel Me
YA Books > Unravel Me

Comments (showing 1-47 of 47) (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sylvia  | 12662 comments Mod
Okay members...I had to start a thread to discuss everything that went on in this book and if you have not read this yet or the series...I am going to warn you there are going to be SPOILERS galore so do not enter or read on please!!

I need a space to vent ...OMG this book is beyond words...I am heartbroken and torn and split in two ... so much emotion and heart wrenching moments ... pure artistry this book is !! So what is everyone's thoughts? What are you having a hard time grappling with? If I know most of you it's the thought of that evil and very bad WARNER and how he weaselled his way into our hearts ... oh so so so bad!!! CHAPTER 62 PEOPLE ... NEED I SAY MORE ... RAWR RAWR RAWR ... and poor Adam...OH HOW I LOVE THIS MAN ... HE IS BEING PUT THE RINGER AND BACK in this book ... I have a feeling he is going to BURST AT THE SEAMS in book 3 and lose his shit and fight ... fight HARD for Juliette ... okay ... what do you all think??

Kelly (Diva Booknerd) (divainpyjamas) | 16 comments I... (puff) made... (pant) It... (sighs)

I'm a complete mess. I finished Unravel Me last night and I cant bring myself to start another book. I'm completely obsessed.

Warner... my ovaries are smouldering.

Hahahaha I like that your ovaries are smouldering HAHAHAHAHAHA

message 4: by Sylvia (last edited Feb 05, 2013 07:28PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

And yes!! It's going to find difficult trying to find something else to read after this LOL'd

Jody  | 3192 comments Mod
I went to find it today and it was a no go :( but on the upside I finally got a copy of Easy by Tammara Webber....mmmmm Lucas

Jody  | 3192 comments Mod
I am trying to not read the comments, I'm going to have to go for a drive tomorrow now I think

Kelly (Diva Booknerd) (divainpyjamas) | 16 comments The Australian cover edition was released in Kindle format on Amazon on the 30th of January apparently Unravel Me.

It was brilliant! Most 'middle' books I've read seem to be pretty bland and basically just filling a space in between, but I loved this just as much, if not more than Shatter Me

Jennifer (IvashkovLover) | 345 comments I felt really bad for Adam and the fact that he wasn't able to touch Juliet during this book. I hope he gets his power under control. But then when I hit chapter 62 I dead all over the floor with Juliet! I mean that was seriously HOT! And I feel bad for Warner because his father is evil scum. I am proud Warner is standing up to him for Juliette.

Jody wrote: "I went to find it today and it was a no go :( but on the upside I finally got a copy of Easy by Tammara Webber....mmmmm Lucas"

Yeah ... glad you got a copy of this finally but yes...you may need to take a drive to Dymocks and pick it up

Jennifer wrote: "I felt really bad for Adam and the fact that he wasn't able to touch Juliet during this book. I hope he gets his power under control. But then when I hit chapter 62 I dead all over the floor with J..."

I know ... throughout the whole book my heart was aching for Adam and I truly felt he was cast aside a little but CHAPTER 62 had me in a frenzy ... I mean how can we not fall in love with Warner EEPPPP but yes...I really did see the human side of Warner in this and his father is pure scum and disgusting who deserves to die at the hands of both Adam and Warner

Kelly (Diva Booknerd) (divainpyjamas) | 16 comments I have to admit, Adam really didn't factor all that much into it for me. His character is sweet, little kittens, fluffy clouds and rainbows, and other various cute random words, but come on... Warner? I think I'm with child just from reading the 'up down incident'. I was like...

whoa

Take me! Take me instead!

Laura wrote: "So here is something to ponder.I saw this in a review and went back to look myself and WOOOAH! YES it is there.but what does it mean??? or anything at all?

Here's an interesting observation: I not..."

Oh Laura, I totally noticed that in this book and completely forgot about the reference to shatter me but this is very interesting indeed and I wonder if all these references lead to the fact that she will end up with Warner hmmmmm I mean the chemistry they have is electric and their total understanding of one another is completely unreserved !! Much to ponder and discuss

Laura wrote: "So here is something to ponder.I saw this in a review and went back to look myself and WOOOAH! YES it is there.but what does it mean??? or anything at all?

Here's an interesting observation: I not..."

Yes, that quite really is one HOT FUDGE sundae and the gif really says it all LOL I feel sorry for Adam being tossed in the background like that but it really was hard not to cause Warner is such a presence

Rebecca | 566 comments I saw those references myself and got kind of excited because, it does make sense. But I don't see how W/J could be together even if they were both equally willing, not with Warner's father alive and wanting to kill her and all her Omega Point friends.

Donna | 1432 comments Ok. First of all let me say that Unravel Me has me obsessed. I finished in yesterday and I have reread it today. totally ignoring my kids. (bad mom)

SOOOO, I'm conflicted: Adam - the ultimate guy. Warner - *sigh* damaged goods but so worth it. Adam cant be w/Juliette but Warner can. Will something happen to Juliette that will essentially "delete" her ability, letting her choose b/w the guys? wouldn't that be the kicker...

I have no idea WHAT will happen in the next book. I've been thinking and thinking, and there is no way I will feel happy about either person NOT being w/Juliette. It's a quandary.

Donna wrote: "Ok. First of all let me say that Unravel Me has me obsessed. I finished in yesterday and I have reread it today. totally ignoring my kids. (bad mom)

SOOOO, I'm conflicted: Adam - the ultimate ..."

There are so many possibilities and that what makes it so exciting ... oh I would hate to have to choose

Leela (Lelarose) Kelly wrote: "The Australian cover edition was released in Kindle format on Amazon on the 30th of January apparently Unravel Me.

It was brilliant! Most 'middle' books I've read seem to be pretty bland and basic..."

Did your Aussie version have the terrible old cover? I hate that cover!!

Leela (Lelarose) Kelly wrote: "I have to admit, Adam really didn't factor all that much into it for me. His character is sweet, little kittens, fluffy clouds and rainbows, and other various cute random words, but come on... Warn..."

Lol. Tell me about it!

Who does everyone actually think Tahereh will have her end up with??(personal preferences aside!)..

And, considering Adam and Warners shared DNA (with the same father), do you think this could mean that their father has a power also?

Leela wrote: "Kelly wrote: "I have to admit, Adam really didn't factor all that much into it for me. His character is sweet, little kittens, fluffy clouds and rainbows, and other various cute random words, but c..."

To tell you the truth..I really have no idea at this point who she will end up with..so hard to tell.

And about their father...you are so right, he may have some power too..wonder what it could be

Leela (Lelarose) Sylvia (Heinzypop) wrote: "Leela wrote: "Kelly wrote: "I have to admit, Adam really didn't factor all that much into it for me. His character is sweet, little kittens, fluffy clouds and rainbows, and other various cute rando..."

Omg, I was just thinking what if he does, and the 2 brothers need to work together to bring him down?!

Leela wrote: "Sylvia (Heinzypop) wrote: "Leela wrote: "Kelly wrote: "I have to admit, Adam really didn't factor all that much into it for me. His character is sweet, little kittens, fluffy clouds and rainbows, a..."

Oh that wound be awesome

Laura wrote: "He could be the same,maybe he will cancel out Juliet completely? who knows there are so many options and things that could happen.so many ways this story line could go!

I think what has already be..."

I will be satisfied either way I think though it's going to hurt whomever she ends up with though Bloodrose was something else entirely ... The way she kept Ren thinking he had a chance when we all knew who she chose that's what killed me the most not that she chose Shay ... Adam and Warner are so different in every way possible yet there is something about both that tug at my heart, unlike Shay who I loathed and detested lol

message 23: by Alexandra (new) - added it

Alexandra (bloocheese) | 11 comments *slowly backs out of thread and picks Shatter Me up again*

Alexandra [bloocheese.] wrote: "*slowly backs out of thread and picks Shatter Me up again*"

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Laura wrote: "That si true in a sense but really Ren didnt have a part in the book not as a real stand out charcter.so the only feeling i had for him was meh,he was already messing around with others and doing i..."

Yeah I get that in times of war we can expect so much that might tear us to shreds and I am excited for all the possibilities but scared to hell of them too ... Whatever happens I know that Mafi will do it with such grace and purpose and love for her characters because her series is very character driven and you can totally tell how much she respects all of them, even the disgusting father

Leela (Lelarose) I agree, this series is extremely character driven.
I can't help but feel that Warner sees himself as unworthy of redemption (especially after just re-reading some parts of Destroy Me).
I'm TERRIFIED that he'll continue his character development into redemption - he'll have some powerful redeeming moments/reveals, along with some truly passionate the-love-of-her-life moments with Juliette (Mafi has hinted at more romance between them) but in the end he will die (maybe even sacrifice himself or something) because he knows he's done too many awful things & he's just a bit too damaged to live with himself... & he'll let her be with Adam. Omg I hope this doesn't happen, I will be officially shattered :(
But I could see it happening because it would be emotionally powerful stuff.

message 27: by Sylvia (last edited Feb 07, 2013 06:45PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leela, you might be on to something there ... Very interesting indeed !! Something definitely has to give unless Mafi does a whole 360 on us and kills Juliette instead OMG can you imagine that *sobbing now at the thought* talk about emotional and heart breaking !! And Adam and Warner will either become closer and work together to restore life or go their separate ways but no matter what the outcome will be we know we are going to be emotional wrecks at the end because there can't be a HEA for everyone!!

I love all the tension filled scenes with Warner and they were sexy and dark and so forbidden and we definitely need more than that but I also love the tenderness from Adam, though I can feel a fire in that boy stirring !!

Leela (Lelarose) Yes you're right about Adam.. he's pretty much perfection that boy... and he sure aint gonna be sitting around doing nothing in book 3. Something most definitely is brewing. Aargh... It's too much! Like you say, what ever happens, it's gonna be epic, intense, tragic & no doubt heartbreaking. Need.it.now!

We really do NEED IT NOW LOL come on Mafi .. bring it on!!

Donna | 1432 comments I hate to say it but... do you think that Adam will die? i've been thinking about it and it seems like the only possible solution: he can't even touch her w/o pain. i wish she could be with both of them... kinda sick, but there is it.

LOL it's not sick cause I wish she could be with both of them too ... and I don't want to think that Adam or Warner will die but you never know ... anything can happen and that's exciting and torturous at the same time LOL

Donna | 1432 comments Hold up. one more thing: the 2nd to the last line. it's perfect. "Mass chaos is in my future." *squee*

Kelly (Diva Booknerd) (divainpyjamas) | 16 comments The last in the series is going to be epic... Oh, I need it now!

Laura wrote: "I had this same thought Sylvia! I mean usually in a triangle one off the guys is eliminated.But she could really throw us and it be Juliet.Again so many ways the story could go.I dont think she wil..."

I know you don't want her to kill anyone off or she could kill everyone off LOL who knows but we need this book so badly all these possibilities and wondering is going to kill us by the time a year passes by

Donna wrote: "Hold up. one more thing: the 2nd to the last line. it's perfect. "Mass chaos is in my future." *squee*"

Perfect ... as well as the last line ... she is going to KICK SOME ASS

Donna | 1432 comments Another thought: the bird. She dreamt about it until Adam appeared. Then she stopped dreaming about it, presumably b/c he was her security? But noe she's started dreaming about it again - now that she and Adam are not doing well. I wonder if Mafi meant that they are supposed to be together? mailto:customerservice@puma.com

Donna | 1432 comments Oops. Delete the puma comment. Idk where that came from...
...back to what I was saying: so maybe she and Adam were meant to be together. The bird is the common link? But the tattoo on Warner probably serves as a catalyst for her to take charge: ignite. Powerful.

Leela (Lelarose) Donna wrote: "Another thought: the bird. She dreamt about it until Adam appeared. Then she stopped dreaming about it, presumably b/c he was her security? But noe she's started dreaming about it again - now that..."

Good point, you might be onto something there ;)

I'm very curious about the tattoos, they both have to have a deeper meaning right?

This is probably a long shot, but has anyone thought about how Adam's name is KENT (like Clark Kent, aka, superman?).. and how that bird she sees in her dreams (also on Adams chest) she wants to see that bird fly in real life right? Could it possibly be foreshadowing a power in Adam? :o

Perhaps the father had both sons 'branded'.. crazy thought ;/

Very interesting points you are all bringing up especially about the tattoos and if they signify anything connected to Juliette and if there is more meaning into them ... I was just wondering, Laura brought this point up, that it seems like Adam is completely oblivious to knowing who his father is etc but what if he has known all along? What if he has been trained and planted in by his own father? Just a thought...I mean we could be reading more into things than necessary...it may just be that he was completely and utterly clueless...I mean when you think about it they no longer have the means of communication they once had so he really could not have known!

But I definitely think that there is more to Adam then he is letting on and I can't wait to find out !!

There are a million ways this story could go and I love all the possibilities and that we are trying to figure then out ... I love Adam and Warner I loathed until he spark my interest towards the end of Shatter Me ... then in Destroy Me he really took me by surprise and now in Unravel Me, he really came on top for me ... LOL I hope the next novella is no Adam ... tell his story and then final book will be explosive and epic and it's too far away LOL

Laura wrote: "Agreed it is way to far away! I would like to know Adams story.I think there is more to Kenji also I would like his story. heck I just really want to know about a lot of these side characters.Kenji..."

LOL I can totally see why they would be suspicious ... Kenji is a hoot ... I love how straightforward he is and not afraid to slap Juliette a few times (figuratively of course) ... so many wonderful side characters for sure

Jackie | 1 comments I....need....more.....Warner......Sweet Lord......this book....my emotions......still dead.

All I can say is a complete wowza with this book. I just...I'm very surprised and happy that this sequel didn't follow the usually path of sequels. And man: poor Adam. The damn guy can't even catch a break! Lolol

Oh. Did I mention Warner? No..? Well basically, my ovaries are half way to China right about now from his scenes. My only cristicism: I felt like their "fight" scene was good, only that Juliette's "pity speech" (I pity your childhood...etc) about him was on the meh side of not really excuse on her part for not liking him...and I kind of felt like the ending was a bit rushed...like there they were..........
.....in a bed.......
.....alone.
Thats like basically my criticism, if any. I was really happy I read destroy me because it truly gave me an insight bout Warner.

NEED MORE.

We all NEED MORE LOL it's really is a WOWSA of a sequel for sure

Arthur Gonzalez (arthurjgonzalez) | 24 comments Puh-lease hurry up with book 3.

What an exquisite follow up to book one. I enjoyed this one even more so than i did Shatter Me.

She took my advice (lol) and toned down the overuse of the 'poetic' writing.

Great characters. Great plot. Great evolution of the characters and off the charts dramatic turn of events.

Love this.

The last line of the book sets up Book 3 perfectly, about her 'leaving her gloves behind'- genius.

I think I may just stalk Tahereh until she decides to give us the final installment!

Thanks,
Arthur J Gonzalez
Author of YA novel 'THE PHOTO TRAVELER'

message 45: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy | 4 comments Just finished this book 2 days ago and LOVED it. I liked the 1st book but this one was great! I love that we got to know Warner even more (especially after Destroy Me). I can't wait for the next book to be released and see how it all plays out....

Anasheh Satoorian | 1 comments I'm giving away 5 autographed books on my blog:
Stop by for a chance to win:
- Autographed copy of Boundless by Cynthia Hand
- Autographed copy of Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
- Autographed copy of Rise by Anna Carey
- Autographed copy of Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi
- Autographed copy of Prodigy by Mari Lu
http://areadingnurse.blogspot.com

Alexandra  Harris (Heaven2EarthReviews) | 92 comments Amy wrote: "Just finished this book 2 days ago and LOVED it. I liked the 1st book but this one was great! I love that we got to know Warner even more (especially after Destroy Me). I can't wait for the next..."

I completely agree1I loved the fist book but the second was so much better in my opinion and I cant wait to see what happens with the love triangle and I am Arron fan through and through now!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Shatter Me (other topics)