Neverland YA Book Club discussion

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)
This topic is about City of Bones
Past Book Discussions > City of Bones Discussion

Comments (showing 1-15 of 15) (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (Amanda's Writings) (last edited Feb 02, 2013 07:06PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amanda (Amanda's Writings) (AmandasWritings) | 369 comments Mod
Post your thoughts and comments about this book here. We all read at a different pace, so make sure you mention where you are in the book. If you need to hide spoilers, use this: < spoiler > Your Text Here (delete the spaces) spoiler >. Happy reading!

So this one is a re-read for me, and I love it every time. I always find the first few pages kind of dry though. Any thoughts?

Kimberly | 161 comments Mod
This one will be a re-read for me as well. I'll probably start reading it after the 15th.

Alessa Castillo (Alessa-chan) | 78 comments hhahahaha! Re-reading this book for the 100000000 time! and i seriously LOVE THIS BOOK!

Lily | 6 comments I have wanted to read this for SOOOOOO long and never got to it. I finally have a reason to set the review copies aside and finally pick this up. So excited!

Deborah | 61 comments I've restarted it, and while I always get lost somewhere in the middle I really like the beginning of this book. The first 20 pages were rough to start into but after that I felt the excitement of Clary learning about this whole new world for the first time.

Deborah wrote: "I've restarted it, and while I always get lost somewhere in the middle I really like the beginning of this book. The first 20 pages were rough to start into but after that I felt the excitement of ..."

I definitely agree!

Lily | 6 comments Finally going to start this one today. Very excited.

message 8: by Kat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kat (KatMac5) | 1 comments I feel like the odd duck out...I mean I enjoyed the book, but I was a little disappointed in it---the ending I suppose.

I mean it was an easy fun read (finished in 3 days, which is amazing considering my lack of free time), but I don't feel the need to read the second book.

I do want to see how the movie adaptation handles the amount of content in the book. I will look forward to that, but right now the second book just doesn't feel like a priority.

Kat wrote: "I feel like the odd duck out...I mean I enjoyed the book, but I was a little disappointed in it---the ending I suppose.

I mean it was an easy fun read (finished in 3 days, which is amazing conside..."

I love this one, but it's definitely not my favorite book ever. I don't mind the ending so much, but it takes me FOREVER to get into it. The fist time I read it, I jumped right in to book two, but when I re read the series, it takes me a while to make myself start book two. Haha :)

Deborah | 61 comments Amanda (Amanda's Writings) wrote: "Kat wrote: "I feel like the odd duck out...I mean I enjoyed the book, but I was a little disappointed in it---the ending I suppose.

I mean it was an easy fun read (finished in 3 days, which is ama..."

It never fails, the ending pisses me off...as it did when I read it before. I also don't understand the portal at the end and how he was able to manipulate it to where he wanted it to go. Didn't they say the other portal in the witches house could just throw you anywhere?

Deborah wrote: "Amanda (Amanda's Writings) wrote: "Kat wrote: "I feel like the odd duck out...I mean I enjoyed the book, but I was a little disappointed in it---the ending I suppose.

I mean it was an easy fun rea..."

No, the portal takes you where you want to go. Clary didn't know that, and when she opened the door, she didn't have any place in mind so it took her to the place where the last person (Luke) went (his house).

Alicia (aliciamarie999) Ok, so I finished City of Bones. Along the lines of what I expected after reading Infernal Devices series. I have NOT read any of the sequels yet so please don't spoil it for me. Here are my thoughts: (view spoiler)

Alicia wrote: "Ok, so I finished City of Bones. Along the lines of what I expected after reading Infernal Devices series. I have NOT read any of the sequels yet so please don't spoil it for me. Here are my though..."

Hahaha you're clever :) You picked up on way more than I did the first time I read it. I hope you keep reading!

message 14: by Oliver The Poet (new)

Oliver The Poet (magicsmiles) | 27 comments bought it today!

Kimberly | 161 comments Mod
How is everyone's reading of the book going? I still have to start my re-read of it though I don't think that I'll be able to get to it this month.

unread topics | mark unread