Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows discussion

Harry Potter Biggest Spoilers

Comments (showing 1-43 of 43) (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Annalisia What was the biggest spoiler that you were told before you finished the Harry Potter books?

Annalisia I was told the epilogue.... and that Dumbledore dies at the end of book 6.

Brooke I was spoiler-free.

Jasmine J bellatrix's death (not sure), dobby's death, dumbledore death, fred death, george has one ear
my cousins had read the books before me and were trying to annoy me :P they succeeded in annoying me :)

Mitch not many spoilers for me :) accidentally found out about dumbledore b4 sadly but had no clue about snape thank god

message 6: by Pranshu (last edited Feb 03, 2013 10:31AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pranshu Sirius's, Dumbledore's, Fred's, Dobby's death, Harry turning out to be a Horcrux, and Snape turning out to be good. So basically, the ending of the last 3 books.

Athena Dumbledore's death because some idiots were talking about the playstation game and I thought what the hell dumbledore doesn't die idiots or the playstation thing mucked it up have you even read the books? and then i finished half blood prince :(

Heidi I was told Harry dies. I was incredibley angry.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I was told Dumbledore died. So upset, I almost didn't read the book.

Carina I knew Dumbledore died because the page got leaked online. Apart from that I was relatively spoiler free, and even that wasn't so bad as there were some announcements saying it wasn't real etc so I was never sure whether he did die until I got to that bit in the book and was like "huh, it was real".

message 11: by Ida (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ida I shunned the internet a week before the publications of the last three books, and didn't return until I've finished reading said book. I was that afraid of getting spoiled. Never happened either, but some fantheories I read did turn out to be pretty accurate enough to be semi-spoilerish.

message 12: by Nina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nina Ida wrote: "I shunned the internet a week before the publications of the last three books, and didn't return until I've finished reading said book. I was that afraid of getting spoiled. Never happened either, ..."

Lol, me too. I was so afraid of spoilers!
But I kinda knew about Dumbledore's death, because there was this news story about something with it..

Micaela I saw the first four movies befor I read the books so I knew what happend in those books but other than that I was free of spoilers.

Summer Leppanen I'm pretty sure I managed to be entirely spoiler free. My whole family (four of us) read the last one in a week, one after the other, but never said anything because we're that good.

Mysterious Maya I was told that Dumbledore dies

Jasmine J Pranshu wrote: "Sirius's, Dumbledore's, Fred's, Dobby's death, Harry turning out to be a Horcrux, and Snape turning out to be good. So basically, the ending of the last 3 books."
and i thought i had it bad :)

Mpiggy I didn't have any spoilers I think. But I think I accidentally told my sister that Dobby and dumbledore dies and that snape was actually good

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

HARRY DIES!!! that was awful for me when my friend told me I was so pissed and I cried but he didn't explain anything after he just said : GUESS WHAT ANITA HARRY DIES! and that it and he left he was such an ass

Griffin P. Anita wrote: "HARRY DIES!!! that was awful for me when my friend told me I was so pissed and I cried but he didn't explain anything after he just said : GUESS WHAT ANITA HARRY DIES! and that it and he left he wa..."

I was told: Harry dies...well, sort of. And when I was all WTF? I got no response whatsoever from my friend. Then I got mad and speedread through all of the dying and stuff (I already knew about Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore) and when I got to the end I was gratified. But I still never speak to him anymore...:)

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

i know the feeling lol!

Farheen everything ...almost.....Hermione's secret....Quirrel having Voldemort on his head's back...the epilogue...Tom Riddle and the diary...Ginny being Riddle's victim....Moody being fake....it was annoying.....

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I was told about Snape's death about five minutes before I got there. My mom asked me, "Where are you in the book?" And I replied, "The Shrieking Shack with Snape and Voldemort," and she was like "Oh, has Snape died yet?" But yes, I never really had any spoilers.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

And I was completely spoilered for the first 2 books because I saw the movies first.

Megan I was told by an annoying person that Voldemort died, Ginny and Harry got married, and that Ron's rat was really Peter Petigrew (I know I spelled that wrong)

message 25: by Cara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cara I wasn't told any spoilers, but one of my friends was told that Harry died and not that he came back to life.

Sparrowlicious The epilogue. A newspaper already published those spoilers on the day the book came out.
*facepalm*

Rhiyaah my friend told me that Sirius died , Dumbledore died , Snape would be the next headmaster , and Harry would be the last horcrux . (too bad isn't it ? )
i love Sirius , but when i read the book, it didn't get the impact considering i already know he would die . :((

Annalisia I was told "Harry dies... but wait, I guess he doesn't. I'm not sure..." And I was completely confused and mad, because Harry cannot die. (He can physically, I'm just saying the fans would get all mad if he died) I was shocked that J.K. Rowling would kill off Harry.... but then she didn't! :)

Tanvi Sirius's death, Dumbledore' death... I can never forgive the people who told me about them.

Annaali Ali JK Rowling mentioned something that implied Dumbledore's death. Though I kind of expected it but it was still sad because Dumbledore was one of my favourite character.

Emma-sophia (thelittlebookblog) I was told about Snape's true allegiance. I was very at the time because he is my favourite character.But then i kind of had a hunch that he was good.

Akshara Spoiler free because I started reading Harry Potter as it was published after GoF. Before that no spoilers. :D

message 33: by Tiare (last edited Mar 02, 2013 04:35PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tiare I saw the 5th and 6th movies before I read any of the books. (I know. I know. Usually I would never even consider seeing a movie before reading the book) >__< My church youth group went to see them, and I went with, so there were a lot of spoilers. (yes, I'm completely serious that my church youth group went to see Harry Potter.)

Julia *maytheoddsbeeverinyourfavor* I found out Sirius died because my friends, who had all read it, we're singing Harry Potter in 99 Seconds. It's on YouTube.

message 35: by Nick (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nick Phillips That Snape was really Harry's father...

...oh sorry, no, that was Star Wars. I always get those two mixed up.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Nick wrote: "That Snape was really Harry's father...

...oh sorry, no, that was Star Wars. I always get those two mixed up."

hahhahahah lol wow ur comment just made my day! ;)

brianna meyers. Anita wrote: "Nick wrote: "That Snape was really Harry's father...

hahhahahah lol wow ur comment just made my day! ;)"

omigosh same!! i started laughing hysterically

Matilda Rose Mine's a bit sad. I read the series in a completely out of the ordinary sequence: Goblet of Fire, Deathly Hallows, Order of the Phoenix, Half-Blood Prince, Philosopher's Stone, Chamber of Secrets, and finally the Prisoner of Azkaban. Yeah, I know.

Isabella (All Da Ladies Luv Leo) Thomas Brianna wrote: "Anita wrote: "Nick wrote: "That Snape was really Harry's father...

hahhahahah lol wow ur comment just made my day! ;)"

omi..."

That was hysterical!!!

Luna Belle Pris The consequences for any person who tried to spoil it for me would have been... severe =:O

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

I've got an...acquaintance who's reading the books...I hammer him with spoilers. :D

Brooke Shahdia wrote: "I've got an...acquaintance who's reading the books...I hammer him with spoilers. :D"
How naughty! :D

message 43: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat I read all the books as soon as they came out and never visited any fan sites, so I didn't have any spoilers. Thank God - I would have been so angry!!

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (other topics)