Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows discussion

Harry Potter Biggest Spoilers

Comments (showing 1-46 of 46) (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Celia What was the biggest spoiler that you were told before you finished the Harry Potter books?

Celia I was told the epilogue.... and that Dumbledore dies at the end of book 6.

Brooke I was spoiler-free.

Jasmine J bellatrix's death (not sure), dobby's death, dumbledore death, fred death, george has one ear
my cousins had read the books before me and were trying to annoy me :P they succeeded in annoying me :)

Mitch not many spoilers for me :) accidentally found out about dumbledore b4 sadly but had no clue about snape thank god

message 6: by Pranshu (last edited Feb 03, 2013 10:31AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pranshu Sirius's, Dumbledore's, Fred's, Dobby's death, Harry turning out to be a Horcrux, and Snape turning out to be good. So basically, the ending of the last 3 books.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Dumbledore's death because some idiots were talking about the playstation game and I thought what the hell dumbledore doesn't die idiots or the playstation thing mucked it up have you even read the books? and then i finished half blood prince :(

Heidi I was told Harry dies. I was incredibley angry.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I was told Dumbledore died. So upset, I almost didn't read the book.

Carina I knew Dumbledore died because the page got leaked online. Apart from that I was relatively spoiler free, and even that wasn't so bad as there were some announcements saying it wasn't real etc so I was never sure whether he did die until I got to that bit in the book and was like "huh, it was real".

message 11: by Ida (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ida I shunned the internet a week before the publications of the last three books, and didn't return until I've finished reading said book. I was that afraid of getting spoiled. Never happened either, but some fantheories I read did turn out to be pretty accurate enough to be semi-spoilerish.

message 12: by Nina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nina Ida wrote: "I shunned the internet a week before the publications of the last three books, and didn't return until I've finished reading said book. I was that afraid of getting spoiled. Never happened either, ..."

Lol, me too. I was so afraid of spoilers!
But I kinda knew about Dumbledore's death, because there was this news story about something with it..

Micaela I saw the first four movies befor I read the books so I knew what happend in those books but other than that I was free of spoilers.

Summer Leppanen I'm pretty sure I managed to be entirely spoiler free. My whole family (four of us) read the last one in a week, one after the other, but never said anything because we're that good.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I was told that Dumbledore dies

Jasmine J Pranshu wrote: "Sirius's, Dumbledore's, Fred's, Dobby's death, Harry turning out to be a Horcrux, and Snape turning out to be good. So basically, the ending of the last 3 books."
and i thought i had it bad :)

Mpiggy I didn't have any spoilers I think. But I think I accidentally told my sister that Dobby and dumbledore dies and that snape was actually good

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

HARRY DIES!!! that was awful for me when my friend told me I was so pissed and I cried but he didn't explain anything after he just said : GUESS WHAT ANITA HARRY DIES! and that it and he left he was such an ass

Griffin P. Anita wrote: "HARRY DIES!!! that was awful for me when my friend told me I was so pissed and I cried but he didn't explain anything after he just said : GUESS WHAT ANITA HARRY DIES! and that it and he left he wa..."

I was told: Harry dies...well, sort of. And when I was all WTF? I got no response whatsoever from my friend. Then I got mad and speedread through all of the dying and stuff (I already knew about Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore) and when I got to the end I was gratified. But I still never speak to him anymore...:)

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

i know the feeling lol!

Farheen everything ...almost.....Hermione's secret....Quirrel having Voldemort on his head's back...the epilogue...Tom Riddle and the diary...Ginny being Riddle's victim....Moody being fake....it was annoying.....

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I was told about Snape's death about five minutes before I got there. My mom asked me, "Where are you in the book?" And I replied, "The Shrieking Shack with Snape and Voldemort," and she was like "Oh, has Snape died yet?" But yes, I never really had any spoilers.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

And I was completely spoilered for the first 2 books because I saw the movies first.

Megan I was told by an annoying person that Voldemort died, Ginny and Harry got married, and that Ron's rat was really Peter Petigrew (I know I spelled that wrong)

message 25: by Cara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cara I wasn't told any spoilers, but one of my friends was told that Harry died and not that he came back to life.

Sparrowlicious The epilogue. A newspaper already published those spoilers on the day the book came out.
*facepalm*

Rhiyaah my friend told me that Sirius died , Dumbledore died , Snape would be the next headmaster , and Harry would be the last horcrux . (too bad isn't it ? )
i love Sirius , but when i read the book, it didn't get the impact considering i already know he would die . :((

Celia I was told "Harry dies... but wait, I guess he doesn't. I'm not sure..." And I was completely confused and mad, because Harry cannot die. (He can physically, I'm just saying the fans would get all mad if he died) I was shocked that J.K. Rowling would kill off Harry.... but then she didn't! :)

Tanvi Sirius's death, Dumbledore' death... I can never forgive the people who told me about them.

Annaali Ali JK Rowling mentioned something that implied Dumbledore's death. Though I kind of expected it but it was still sad because Dumbledore was one of my favourite character.

Emma-sophia (thelittlebookblog) I was told about Snape's true allegiance. I was very at the time because he is my favourite character.But then i kind of had a hunch that he was good.

Akshara Spoiler free because I started reading Harry Potter as it was published after GoF. Before that no spoilers. :D

message 33: by Tiare (last edited Mar 02, 2013 04:35PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tiare I saw the 5th and 6th movies before I read any of the books. (I know. I know. Usually I would never even consider seeing a movie before reading the book) >__< My church youth group went to see them, and I went with, so there were a lot of spoilers. (yes, I'm completely serious that my church youth group went to see Harry Potter.)

Julia I found out Sirius died because my friends, who had all read it, we're singing Harry Potter in 99 Seconds. It's on YouTube.

message 35: by Nick (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nick Phillips That Snape was really Harry's father...

...oh sorry, no, that was Star Wars. I always get those two mixed up.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Nick wrote: "That Snape was really Harry's father...

...oh sorry, no, that was Star Wars. I always get those two mixed up."

hahhahahah lol wow ur comment just made my day! ;)

brianna meyers. Anita wrote: "Nick wrote: "That Snape was really Harry's father...

hahhahahah lol wow ur comment just made my day! ;)"

omigosh same!! i started laughing hysterically

Matilda Rose Mine's a bit sad. I read the series in a completely out of the ordinary sequence: Goblet of Fire, Deathly Hallows, Order of the Phoenix, Half-Blood Prince, Philosopher's Stone, Chamber of Secrets, and finally the Prisoner of Azkaban. Yeah, I know.

Isabella (All Da Ladies Luv Leo) Thomas Brianna wrote: "Anita wrote: "Nick wrote: "That Snape was really Harry's father...

hahhahahah lol wow ur comment just made my day! ;)"

omi..."

That was hysterical!!!

Luna Belle Pris The consequences for any person who tried to spoil it for me would have been... severe =:O

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

I've got an...acquaintance who's reading the books...I hammer him with spoilers. :D

Brooke Shahdia wrote: "I've got an...acquaintance who's reading the books...I hammer him with spoilers. :D"
How naughty! :D

message 43: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat I read all the books as soon as they came out and never visited any fan sites, so I didn't have any spoilers. Thank God - I would have been so angry!!

message 44: by Ava (new)

Ava My ex. friend told me in the middle of book 5 that sirius died at the end. He was my favorite character at the time (still is).

message 45: by Tana of Dumbledore's Army✞~ (last edited Jun 03, 2015 12:42PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tana of Dumbledore's Army✞~ FRED DIED!

AND SNAPE LOVED LILY. There was foreshadowing of that in book 3 when Petunia mentioned him. She called him "that boy" but Harry thought she meant James. She said he mentioned dementors and in the Deathly Hallows in Snape's memories he talked to Lily about them

message 46: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby I asked my friend who died in the seventh one when I was reading the first one (didn't get the concept of spoilers), so throughout the series I thought (sometimes didn't remember but recalled that): one Weasley twin died, maybe Ron or Hermione did, Harry does but comes back to life, Malfoy died (?) he hadn't read the book in a while), and Voldemort dies.

I also overheard people saying that Snape was the half blood prince who killed Dumbledore. So I only didn't know about Bellatrix, Crabbe, Dobby, Lupin/Tonks, and some others.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (other topics)