Rae Gun Ramblings Book Club discussion

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)
This topic is about City of Bones
Cassandra Clare > City of Bones

Comments (showing 1-11 of 11) (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Marissa (Rae Gun Ramblings) (Raegun) | 180 comments Mod
feel free to start other cassie related topics

Sarah Jane (sjanee11) I'm not a fan of these or Clare's writing. I read 5 of the MI books. All my friend were like "Oh you're going to love them - ignore book 2, it's horrible" and I read 3 and 4, going...well, I guess these aren't THAT bad. Then I read #5 and hated it.

I love the characters and the world. I hate her execution.

Heidi (heidimrogers) | 98 comments I enjoyed them, but I did find myself skimming long, descriptive paragraphs. I also disliked book 5. WAY too much romantic drama for me. I'll finish the series though. ;)

Roslyn Russell | 18 comments I agree with Heidi about the romantic drama in book 5. Book 5 had a really different feel to the rest of the series.

I really enjoyed TMI but I prefer the ID books, I think because I love historical fiction, and the characters are a bit more mature maybe?

Looking forward to the City of Bones film and Clockwork Princess! Fingers crossed the film is good - the casting hasn't thrilled me.

Heidi (heidimrogers) | 98 comments Roslyn wrote: "...Fingers crossed the film is good - the casting hasn't thrilled me."

Yeah, I think the guy they cast for Jace is super gross. I can't get over it.

Sarah Jane (sjanee11) Isn't it the kid that played Anthony in Sweeney Todd? *off to google*

Ronda (RondaC) | 9 comments I enjoyed the series but agree that book 5 was not good.

Lisa | 52 comments Heidi wrote: "Roslyn wrote: "...Fingers crossed the film is good - the casting hasn't thrilled me."

Yeah, I think the guy they cast for Jace is super gross. I can't get over it."

Totally Heidi. My thoughts exactly. And I can't get over thinking of him as a sickly Volturi vampire.

I actually enjoyed book 5 - not as much as the others (particularly book 3), but I am a sucker for romance and I was super intrigued by Sebastian.

Meganm922 | 21 comments So far, I've only read the first 3 of the series. I stopped there because it seemed like a good stopping point while I moved onto books that had deadlines. I'm planning a reread soon and will get the book 4 and 5.
I love the series. I love the world building. While I wasn't thrilled with the casting for the movie, the trailers actually look pretty good and I'm getting really excited about it!

Jasmine (Jazzybear) I have read all the books and even the ID books. I love them all! But of course, there were parts that I did not like. But there will always be things in books, that I do not like.

I love how Cassandra goes into detail with the other couples, besides Clary and Jace. Don't get me wrong, Clary and Jace will always be my favorite couple, but I like hearing about the other couples too.

Angee Rockwell | 2 comments Heidi wrote: "I enjoyed them, but I did find myself skimming long, descriptive paragraphs. I also disliked book 5. WAY too much romantic drama for me. I'll finish the series though. ;)"

I've only read the first one but I agree, I skipped over a lot of the long descriptive stuff.

unread topics | mark unread