Goodreads Feedback discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Suggestions & Questions > Can I hide one shelf/keep it private?

Comments (showing 1-11 of 11) (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lg | 11 comments Can I hide one shelf/keep it private? I would like to set up a shelf on a particular topic that I don't want to be viewed by others. I understand that I can mark a post so that it is not added to my Update feed on Facebook - but I don't know if I can set up a private shelf, just for me!
Thanks - I love Goodreads!!!!

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 8254 comments Ig, The way it is now, the only way to keep a shelf private is to make your whole profile private. Even then, your GR friends could see that shelf. You're not the first person who's asked for that. Maybe a document kept off of GR is what's called for here???/

message 3: by rivka, librarian moderator (new)

rivka | 11050 comments Mod
That is a clever work-around.

Bluedaizy | 44 comments ooooh very clever!

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 8254 comments Yes! I don't have any desire for a secret shelf but what a terrific idea for those who want one. Thanks Sherri. We'll now all remember your solution as I'm sure many other members will ask for a secret shelf; I've seen the request several times since I've been a member here.

Lg | 11 comments Thanks everyone! I needed a shelf that my kids could not see (!).

Kyra (kyrat) | 9 comments I would really like to be able to hide a shelf!

I avoid "friending" many actual friends or work colleagues because I have a shelf that I'm embarrassed about sharing with everyone.

I still want to keep track of what I read online & easily available for my own reference- so doing it offline doesn't work as well for me. (kind of defeeats the purpose that I use Goodreads for - which I joined after keepign my own lists of books reads)

Barks & Bites (BarkLessWagMore) | 31 comments Where'd the workaround advice go? I had to delete a shelf because I couldn't make it private without making everything private. I'd love to figure out how to do this.

message 9: by rivka, librarian moderator (new)

Looks like the member who posted it in this thread either deleted their post or account since 2009.

Here's a more recent thread: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/8...

Goesta | 20 comments rivka wrote: " http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/8......"

I suggest the two threads be merged if possible?

message 11: by rivka, librarian moderator (new)

Threads cannot be merged. However, I will close this one, to encourage people to add posts to the newer one instead.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread