Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3) Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban discussion

Peter Pettigrew/ Marauders Map

Comments (showing 1-22 of 22) (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lisa Okay I'm new here.. so forgive me if this has been asked about before. But why didn't Fred and George ever notice that Ron was sleeping with a Peter Pettigrew in his dormitory every night? I'm wondering if JK Rowling has ever addressed this.. I know she's answered lots of odd questions about the series.

ChocolateChip That's a good question! I guess they either never watched him sleep on the map or...I don't know!

Jeni My own guess would be that, since the map only works at Hogwarts, and since Fred and George were only looking for Filch or other teachers in order to sneak out, they weren't looking at Ron sleeping.

During the day, Peter Pettigrew would be mixed in with the other Hogwarts kids and not discernible as someone of interest.

*~Emo: {Evanna} :Goth~* Fred and George probably didn't know who Peter Pettigrew was, and probably got mixed up in a crowd of students during the day. They probably assumed he was a student.
Fred and George also wouldn't be watching their brother sleep. Only be looking for teachers and things while using those secret passageways.
I'm sure, also, that Peter wouldn't stay in the dorm all day. He'd probably roam about.

Mitch Great question. idk cuz everybody that grew up in a wizard family knew about sirius black and the peter pettigrew thing so maybe they just didnt pay any mind to it. mostly looking for filch and mrs. norris/ teachers tho

Lisa LOL "Fred and George wouldn't be watching Ron sleep."

I was just wondering if JK R ever said anything about this. I guess it was just overlooked ;)

Kirstyn I think they were more interested in watching for teachers at night, and Peter would have been in a throng of students all day. Maybe it is one of those little mistakes that sometimes pop up in series.

Luna Belle Pris Ha ha! That's Hilarious : )))

Line If Fred and George didn't know the story about Peter Pettigrew, and we never heard that thet did, then, even if they saw him on the map, how should they know, that he wasn't supposed to be there...?

message 10: by Lisa (last edited Feb 17, 2013 11:25AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Line wrote: "If Fred and George didn't know the story about Peter Pettigrew, and we never heard that thet did, then, even if they saw him on the map, how should they know, that he wasn't supposed to be there...?"

Why would a Peter Pettigrew be in their dorm? They know everyone who sleeps in their room.

message 11: by Line (new) - rated it 5 stars

Line Lisa wrote: "Line wrote: "If Fred and George didn't know the story about Peter Pettigrew, and we never heard that thet did, then, even if they saw him on the map, how should they know, that he wasn't supposed t..."

But Peter/Scabbers sleep in Ron's years room, and not in in the romm where George and Fred Sleeps...
Also, the Gryffindor commonrooms and sleeping rooms, shoould only be open to Gryffindors, so they should have no reason to believe, that anyone in them, wouldn't be a Gryffindor...

Isabella (All Da Ladies Luv Leo) Thomas Line wrote: "Lisa wrote: "Line wrote: "If Fred and George didn't know the story about Peter Pettigrew, and we never heard that thet did, then, even if they saw him on the map, how should they know, that he wasn..."

Didn't Harry and Ron sneak into the Slytherin common rooms once?

message 13: by Line (new) - rated it 5 stars

Line Isabella (Greek Geek) wrote: "Line wrote: "Lisa wrote: "Line wrote: "If Fred and George didn't know the story about Peter Pettigrew, and we never heard that thet did, then, even if they saw him on the map, how should they know,..."

Yes, but not on their own...
Draco took them in there, because they were Crabbe and Goyle at the time...

Isabella (All Da Ladies Luv Leo) Thomas Line wrote: "Isabella (Greek Geek) wrote: "Line wrote: "Lisa wrote: "Line wrote: "If Fred and George didn't know the story about Peter Pettigrew, and we never heard that thet did, then, even if they saw him on ..."

Oh, ok

Daisy LOL Julia!

Sorrel I basically agree with everyone else, they wouldn't have been looking out for it and Peter Petigrew as the rat scabbers probably wouldn't spend the whole night with Ron, he might've scampered about and done rat-like things.
Thinking on it though, I could imagine the Weasly twins deciding to spy on Ron whilst he was sleeping

Eliza ". . . he might've scampered around and done rat-like things."

Like being himself, for example?

Nonsensical Teddybear I second the opinion that he probably roams around at night. Isn't it mentioned that Scabbers sleeps a lot during the daytime anyway?

Eliza That would explain it, Nonsensical (your name is great, by the way).

Daisy yeah, good point Nonsensical :)

Nonsensical Teddybear Eliza wrote: "That would explain it, Nonsensical (your name is great, by the way)."
Haha Thank you

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (other topics)