Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) Mockingjay discussion

Random!!

Comments (showing 1-27 of 27) (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julia (new) - added it

Julia Hey everybody I'm reading a book by Susan Collins called Mocking Jay. It's about Katniss finally coming home from the hunger games. Unfortunately Peeta has been brainwashed by the capital, and now trying to kill Katniss. Also so far there is a love triangle between Gale, Katniss, and Peeta. That's all I have read so far!!

Lostt why are you mentioning this?
we know how to read.
And please add a *spoiler* tag before you reveal stuff like that. Ruins the fun for people who haven't read it yet.

Holly Lostt wrote: "why are you mentioning this?
we know how to read.
And please add a *spoiler* tag before you reveal stuff like that. Ruins the fun for people who haven't read it yet."

True.

Kathy ♡ Couldn't you put that on your status update? Everyone doesn't really need to know....and I agree with Lostt

Nichola Guys take it easy. The OP is new to the GR and we have no idea how old she is.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

That's like saying it's okay to go into barnes&noble and reveal the ending to Mockingjay to the girl you just saw pick it up; just because you usually go to borders.
No hate, I'm just tired of reading all these posts that don't have a *spoiler alert* in the title. These people are lucky iv already read the books.

message 7: by Kirby (last edited Jan 27, 2013 06:40PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kirby well, it's reasonable for a newbie to think that people seeing these discussions have already read the book. and, actually, unless you go to "more discussions," it does only show you books that you've marked "read."

I agree that it could spoil it for someone, and that would suck...but I also agree w/ Nichola that people shouldn't be quite so rude to Julia. and at least she didn't put the spoiler in the actual TITLE, as I'm sure we've all seen before! lol

Holly In hindsight, though, they'd soon find out - and they wouldn't realize how berzerk he actually HAD went without reading the book... so... All is forgiven on my part LOL OACDT - I cannot wait to see Josh Hutcherson portray this particular part of the series...

Holly And I wonder if they'll cut out Dellie Cartwright completely like they did in the 1st movie... (Did I spell her name right??)

Kirby Holly wrote: "And I wonder if they'll cut out Dellie Cartwright completely like they did in the 1st movie... (Did I spell her name right??)"

well, I hope not b/c I'd say that she's even more important than Madge was...but, you never know!

I'm also interested to see how well Josh Hutcherson does with this part of the story.

and I just hope that they fine-tune Haymitch's character a little bit and make him more like he was in the book...that was the biggest disappointment for me!

Holly He definitely wasn't the Haymitch of the book, but I still don't think they could've had a better actor to portray him. Also, Madge wasn't that important, but it was the VERY FIRST thing I noticed that was different. I wonder if the one that gave her the mockingjay pin in the movie was supposed to be Greasy Sue...

message 12: by Kirby (last edited Jan 27, 2013 08:41PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kirby oh, I agree! I love Woody, so I was so happy to find out he was going to be what's probably my favorite character of the whole trilogy. and I think he could do a wonderful job if they would just have him be more like the book character.

and, I think you're right that that was supposed to be Greasy Sae- I didn't catch that!

Holly SAE! I knew I screwed that up LOL Thanks for the correction. She just seemed to be how I would picture Greasy Sae so I automatically jumped to that conclusion.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

robert downing jr. should have played haymitch

Holly Why, because of his personal history? lol so sorry, couldn't resist...

Kirby lol! no problem, I figured it was just a typo!

Kirby Holly wrote: "Why, because of his personal history? lol so sorry, couldn't resist..."

oh, ha ha! yes, he would know a thing or two about substance abuse! not that Woody doesn't, but I think Robert's still got him beat!

Holly Kirby wrote: "lol! no problem, I figured it was just a typo!"

GOD - I totally could have claimed that... LOL Oh well, now you know the secret.

Holly Kirby wrote: "Holly wrote: "Why, because of his personal history? lol so sorry, couldn't resist..."

oh, ha ha! yes, he would know a thing or two about substance abuse! not that Woody doesn't, but I think Robe..."

I literally laughed out loud at that! Ohhh... good times LMFAO

message 20: by Kirby (last edited Jan 27, 2013 08:34PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kirby Holly wrote: "GOD - I totally could have claimed that... LOL Oh well, now you know the secret."

LOL! well, your secret's safe with me! and...whoever else reads it! :D

message 21: by Laura (last edited Jan 28, 2013 02:09AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Laura I just read the whole discussion start to finish and its really interesting how much it changed!

message 22: by Nichola (last edited Jan 28, 2013 04:24AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nichola Baylor--- District14 wrote: "That's like saying it's okay to go into barnes&noble and reveal the ending to Mockingjay to the girl you just saw pick it up; just because you usually go to borders.
No hate, I'm just tired of re..."

That doesn't make any sense at all re barnes&noble / borders. In my experience ***spoilers*** doesn't actually help prevent from reading the spoilers in the thread because of the way your eyes process information on the screen.

If you tire of the spoilers maybe you should consider avoiding the discussion boards until you've read the book rather than jumping on a new member? In my book, the OP didn't realise what she was doing because she's new. Several people deliberately jumped on her rather than explain the rules. What a way to welcome someone to the boards. As for "these people are lucky I've already read the book" *sighs and rolls eyes*

Holly Nichola wrote: "Baylor--- District14 wrote: "That's like saying it's okay to go into barnes&noble and reveal the ending to Mockingjay to the girl you just saw pick it up; just because you usually go to borders.
..."

Lol I love the last sentence of your comment. I had the same reaction...

Lostt sorry Julia, if u were offended.
just wanted to make sure you wouldnt do it again.
and dont worry about it, everyone makes mistakes.

message 25: by Vee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Vee Gretzinger Lostt wrote: "why are you mentioning this?
we know how to read.
And please add a *spoiler* tag before you reveal stuff like that. Ruins the fun for people who haven't read it yet."

HAHHAHAH oh my god... i love you and i don't even know you. but you make me laugh so fucking hard

Lostt Vee wrote: "Lostt wrote: "why are you mentioning this?
we know how to read.

HAHHAHAH oh my..."

^?

Hollz okay in the series so MANY good characters die.... so then in the third book WHY OH WHY!! did prim have to die!!!!!??? why couldnt it be like gale or something!! (because i am team peeta all the way!)

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Mockingjay (other topics)