Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows question

Favorite Quotes from the Deathly Hallows
вełłαтяıχ  ¤¤ "αℓωαуѕ." вełłαтяıχ Jan 25, 2013 05:46PM
My favorite is: "Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all, those who live without love."

wow, so many... That is a good one, but I am particularly fond for the quote "The long game had ended, the snitch had been caught, it was time to leave the air"
I just feel like that quote has so much beautiful, poignant symbolism in it.

"'It's not a case of what YOU'LL permit, Minerva McGonagall. Your time's over. It's us what's in charge here now, and you'll back me up or you'll pay the price.'
And he spat in her face.
Harry pulled the cloak off himself, raised his wand, and said, 'You shouldn't have done that.'
As Amycus spun around, Harry shouted, 'Crucio!'"

I love McGonagall. I'm not searching for symbolism or anything, I just enjoy that someone spitting at McGonagall is what drives Harry over the edge.

Bellatrix wrote: "My favorite is: "Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all, those who live without love.""

That is hands-down my favorite quote, not only of this book, but of the series, and possibly one of my favorites of all time. LOVE that quote.

Bellatrix wrote: "My favorite is: "Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all, those who live without love.""

This one's my favourite too.

Molly: Not my daughter, you bitch!

Professor Severus Snape: [to the Hogwart's students] If anyone here knows any knowledge of Mr. Potter's movements this evening, I invite them to step forward... now.
Harry Potter: [Stepping out of the crowd] It seems despite your exhaustive defensive strategies, you still have a bit of a security problem, Headmaster.

Luna Lovegood: Harry, wait, I need to talk to you.
Harry Potter: I'm a bit preoccupied at the moment, Luna.
Luna Lovegood: You won't find it where you're going, you're wasting your time.
Harry Potter: We'll talk later, ok?
Luna Lovegood: Harry!
Harry Potter: Later!
Luna Lovegood: Harry Potter! You listen to me right now! Don't you remember what Cho said about Rowena Ravenclaw's diadem? There's not a person alive whose seen it. It's obvious isn't it? You have to talk to someone whose dead

Argus Filch: [about the Slytherin students] Where exactly will I be leading them to, ma'am?
Minerva McGonagall: The dungeons should do.

Flitwick: You do realize we can't keep out You-Know-Who indefinitely.
Minerva McGonagall: That doesn't mean we can't delay him. And his name is Voldemort, so you might as well use it, he's going to try and kill you either way.

Hermione Granger: We can't just stand here. Who's got an idea?
Ron Weasley: Don't ask us. You're the brilliant one!

Neville Longbottom: [discussing a battle strategy] Are you really giving us permission to do this?
Minerva McGonagall: Yes, Longbottom.
Neville Longbottom: Blow it up? Boom?
Minerva McGonagall: BOOM!

Professor Albus Dumbledore: On the night Lord Voldemort went to Godric's Hollow to kill Harry, and Lily Potter cast herself between them, the curse rebounded. When that happened, a part of Voldemort's soul lached itself onto the only living thing it could find. Harry himself. There's a reason Harry can speak with snakes. There's a reason he can look into Lord Voldemort's mind. A part of Voldemort lives inside him.
Professor Severus Snape: So when the time comes... the boy must die?
Professor Albus Dumbledore: Yes. Yes... he must die.
[Shot of Snape collapsing at the sight of Lily's dead body]
Professor Severus Snape: You've kept him alive so that he can die at the proper moment. You've been raising him like a pig for slaughter!
Professor Albus Dumbledore: Don't tell me now that you've grown to care for the boy.
[Snape casts a Patronus in the shape of a doe, just like Lily's- the same one that helped Harry find the Sword of Gryffindor in Part 1]
Professor Albus Dumbledore: Lily... after all this time?
[Shot of Snape holding Lily's body in his arms while crying]
Professor Severus Snape: Always

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (other topics)