Heroes of Olympus discussion

annabeth and percy's gray hair?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 57) (57 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Marie (new)

Marie | 5 comments When they both held up the weight of the sky, they ended up with a strand of gray in their hair but it wasn't mentionned in the Heroes of Olympus series until annabeth and percy were reunited. I ask you, were you disappointed too when you learned it had faded away? This is the sort of allusion to the other series that would have been a funny thing to explain to the others. I looked foward to people looking at them weird and asking "what's up with your hair?" and them answering something like "effects of heavy lifting" with a small smile and a secretive look.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I was disappointed too. It took away, as Percy so wisely said, 'a symbolic bond between Annabeth and [Percy]'.

message 3: by Sheechiibii (new)

Sheechiibii I always assumed that it would grow out. Percy's first since he had shorter hair. I never really thought it would be a perminant thing. I was pleasantly surprised when it got a mention in Heroes of Olympus though.

message 4: by Marie (last edited Jan 24, 2013 07:24PM) (new)

Marie | 5 comments I figured it would be the sort of strange and inexplicable consequence that comes from holding a mythical object of great power. Like when, in some books, seeing an angel makes people go blind.That's why I thought it would be permanent

message 5: by weaselsrule (new)

weaselsrule (VSol) | 42 comments Yeah I was kinda of dissapointed too but because i thought the bound thing was sort of cute ;)

Althea *Go wolves and dragons!*(Coach Hedge) Inigo (Eiyah_Fantasyfreak) | 1115 comments Marie wrote: "When they both held up the weight of the sky, they ended up with a strand of gray in their hair but it wasn't mentionned in the Heroes of Olympus series until annabeth and percy were reunited. I as..."

I was disappointed too.

message 7: by Emily Ann (new)

Emily Ann | 10 comments I want it back.

message 8: by Selena (new)

Selena  (Selipoky) | 70 comments yep, the grey strand of hair both PErcy and Annabeth was a symbol of something they had experienced (or held..)

message 9: by Leilani (new)

Leilani | 68 comments I miss it, it symbolized something.Why did RR make it disappear? he didn't say that they cut their hair or anything, just that it faded or something like that.

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (TwilightRain) | 5 comments Marie wrote: "When they both held up the weight of the sky, they ended up with a strand of gray in their hair but it wasn't mentionned in the Heroes of Olympus series until annabeth and percy were reunited. I as..."

I was hoping something along that story line would have happen. I was hoping that it would be mentioned, but not in the way he put it(that it was GONE). More inside jokes like the one Percy mentioned with the dam jokes would have been very epic for me because I can say I got all of the inside jokes in the book from other people who didn't read PJO.

message 11: by Marie (new)

Marie | 5 comments Sarah wrote: "Marie wrote: "When they both held up the weight of the sky, they ended up with a strand of gray in their hair but it wasn't mentionned in the Heroes of Olympus series until annabeth and percy were ..."

Exactly! I'm like you! so they can have "secretive smiles" and stuff like that when people ask about it. I love when books refer other books.

message 12: by Mantha8225 (new)

Mantha8225 (Mantha8225SWF) If you want, I COULD color the streaks again... ¦ )

message 13: by Coleen (new)

Coleen | 18 comments Too bad that they both lost the gray streaks. :/ I was hoping they will have them back.

message 14: by B (new)

B | 99 comments Eh, that would kinda look weird. Like aging people

message 15: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 244 comments I say it should be like a permanent thing. Like the grey streak never goes away. Though it would be better if it were white

message 16: by B (new)

B | 99 comments Yea if it were white that would look better

message 17: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 244 comments Gray makes them seem older, white makes then cool

message 18: by Mantha8225 (new)

Mantha8225 (Mantha8225SWF) Wait a minute... they're in Tartarus, so I'll wait for them to get out... IF they come out *dramatic sound effects start now*

message 19: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 244 comments :)

Althea *Go wolves and dragons!*(Coach Hedge) Inigo (Eiyah_Fantasyfreak) | 1115 comments Mantha8225 wrote: "Wait a minute... they're in Tartarus, so I'll wait for them to get out... IF they come out *dramatic sound effects start now*"

They will.

message 21: by Coleen (new)

Coleen | 18 comments Althea *Go wolves and dragons!*(Coach Hedge) wrote: "Mantha8225 wrote: "Wait a minute... they're in Tartarus, so I'll wait for them to get out... IF they come out *dramatic sound effects start now*"

They will."

Yup. They sure will. I mean, It's Percy and Annabeth. They've been through a lot together. ^^

Althea *Go wolves and dragons!*(Coach Hedge) Inigo (Eiyah_Fantasyfreak) | 1115 comments Yes! Someone who agrees:)

message 23: by Coleen (last edited May 06, 2013 02:29AM) (new)

Coleen | 18 comments There's nothing we can do than to look in the bright side. *shrugs* :)

message 25: by Coleen (new)

Coleen | 18 comments :D

message 26: by Mantha8225 (new)

Mantha8225 (Mantha8225SWF) Coleen, there IS something to look at from the bright side, at least they're TOGETHER!!!!!

message 27: by Coleen (new)

Coleen | 18 comments Mantha8225 wrote: "Coleen, there IS something to look at from the bright side, at least they're TOGETHER!!!!!"

Right! ^^

Althea *Go wolves and dragons!*(Coach Hedge) Inigo (Eiyah_Fantasyfreak) | 1115 comments In a deep pit of darkness infested with monsters and titans.

message 29: by Coleen (new)

Coleen | 18 comments That's scary. Would they make it?

message 30: by Mya (new)

Mya | 238 comments Of course they are going to make it ;)

message 31: by Mantha8225 (new)

Mantha8225 (Mantha8225SWF) "Well, DUH!"

-As said by Mr. D(Dionysus) in, ¨The Lightning Thief¨

message 32: by Mya (new)

Mya | 238 comments Hahahaha ;)

message 33: by Mantha8225 (new)

Mantha8225 (Mantha8225SWF) I just re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-read that book LOL XD

message 34: by Mya (new)

Mya | 238 comments Lol it was a good book but I like mark of Athena more ;) :D

message 35: by Mantha8225 (last edited May 06, 2013 06:17PM) (new)

Mantha8225 (Mantha8225SWF) Ive already read all of PJO and HoO 14 times, I just started all over again

message 36: by Mya (new)

Mya | 238 comments Wow I thought I was a good fan of the books but you are GREAT fan of the books

message 37: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 244 comments You should meet my friend. She makes it a goal to read the entire series of series three times a year.

message 38: by Mantha8225 (new)

Mantha8225 (Mantha8225SWF) Only three?

message 39: by Mya (new)

Mya | 238 comments Yeah that doesn't seem possible to a girl that's
Going to learn every word in the series :P

message 40: by Mya (new)

Mya | 238 comments Lol kidding

message 41: by Mantha8225 (new)

Mantha8225 (Mantha8225SWF) are you trying to memorize the books or somethin?

message 42: by Mya (new)

Mya | 238 comments No, I meant you because you read it 14 times
;)XD

message 43: by Mya (new)

Mya | 238 comments And Nikki, that's a WOW too

message 44: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 244 comments At LEAST three. She is in love. My personal fav is Mark of Athena

message 45: by Mya (new)

Mya | 238 comments Me too but probably not for long because HoH should be 3 times more awesome

message 46: by Mantha8225 (new)

Mantha8225 (Mantha8225SWF) No, it shall be 3.000000000000000000000000000001 times more awesome

message 47: by Mya (new)

Mya | 238 comments Lol sure ;)

message 48: by Mantha8225 (last edited May 06, 2013 06:08PM) (new)

Mantha8225 (Mantha8225SWF) There's a difference, you know ; )

message 49: by Mya (new)

Mya | 238 comments A difference in what ? In the number, yeah I know.

message 50: by Mantha8225 (new)

Mantha8225 (Mantha8225SWF) We should make a countdown for when HoH comes out and "The Sea of Monsters" movie comes out

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread