Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Shades of Earth (Across the Universe, #3)
This topic is about Shades of Earth
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > Shades of Earth (Across the Universe #3) by Beth Revis → Start Date: February 17, 2013

Comments (showing 1-50 of 68) (68 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 25051 comments Gisbelle and I are going to finish up the Across the Universe trilogy by reading the 3rd and final book of the series.

We'd love for everyone to join!

message 2: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 25241 comments When's the start date?

message 3: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 25051 comments I still think this is the ugliest cover!!!! ugh, :( so disappointed....
I love these two so much more!

Godspeed - Die Ankunft (Across The Universe, #3) by Beth Revis & Shades of Earth (Across the Universe, #3) by Beth Revis

message 4: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 25241 comments Lol sorry! I'm on my phone and didn't see the start date but I do now. Lol

message 5: by Gisbelle, Sweet as π (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gisbelle | 27174 comments I hate this cover too Why??? Why do they have to ruin my collection???

message 6: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 25051 comments alright,let's adjust the start date as soon as I get it?? :D I forgot I made a link already! LOL!

message 7: by Gisbelle, Sweet as π (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gisbelle | 27174 comments lol too many buddy reads, I guess.

message 8: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 03, 2013 08:04AM) (new)

I may be able to join in this buddy read with you guys!! I haven't read the second one yet, but I read the first one and loved it!! I am planning on reading A Million Suns next, and I will order a copy of Shades of Earth, which I am hoping will come in by the day that you girls are planning to read it!!! I am crossing my fingers that I will be able to get this book in time! :) I really want to read this book with you guys!! And I hate the new covers for these books too!! I thought that the first covers for these books were far prettier! :)

message 9: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 25051 comments Yay!!! Tori!! We will wait for you then! I'd love for you to get to join!

Book 2 is so good!!! it's a huge adventure!!

Oh, and the cover :[ honestly, who picked that?!?!

Aren't the other countries' covers prettier!?! :D

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Is book two better than the first one?

And thanks for waiting for me!! I will hopefully have this book by next week!! :)

And YES the other countries' covers are soo pretty!!

I don't know why they decided to change them because I am pretty sure that everyone loved the original ones better than these ones.

message 11: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 25051 comments You know, book 2 is just a different book.
It's better in some ways and not in others.

There is also a novella!!!
But you have to read book 2 first!!

Novella As They Slip Away (Across the Universe, #0.5) by Beth Revis is here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/119788927/A...

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Wait... Do I have to read book 2 before I read the novella?

message 13: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 25051 comments oh wait...maybe not! LOL! for some reason I thought you did....let me look again!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay let me know! I don't want to read it yet if it will spoil book 2, but I am really looking forward to reading it!! :)

message 15: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 25051 comments well, I guess you don't - but I thought book 2 talked more about some of the people in the novella. for me, it gave insight that I appreciated after the book.

I don't know if I would have enjoyed it as much before...if that makes sense...

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

That totally makes sense! I guess I might just read it after book two, just so that I can understand it a bit better. And thanks for letting me know about this novella, or else I would have never known about it!! :)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I just placed an order for this book, so I am hoping that it will either come in on Wednesday or Thursday of this week!

message 18: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 25051 comments :) yay!!!!! :D So EXCITED!!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Ahh! Me too!!! :D

message 20: by Gisbelle, Sweet as π (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gisbelle | 27174 comments There are 79 chapters, but each is very short (just the way I like it to be :D) and 400 pages.

message 21: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 25051 comments I am so open to how ever many :D

message 22: by Gisbelle, Sweet as π (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gisbelle | 27174 comments How about we touch base every 10 chapters?

message 23: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 25051 comments sounds good! I can't wait!!! :D yaaay!! we're finally going to finish this series!!! :D

message 24: by Gisbelle, Sweet as π (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gisbelle | 27174 comments Yes :) Oh my star! :)

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

I may be a little behind you guys with reading this book, because I am stilling reading book 2, but I am hoping to start book 3 tomorrow!

message 26: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Feb 17, 2013 02:07PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 25051 comments yay Tori!!!!! :D This is so bittersweet. I absolutely love this series.

I'm ready to see what happens next, but I'm so sad to end the series. I'm going to start this book in about 30 min.

so I'll make sure to hide my comments with spoilers until I know we're at the same point!

message 27: by Gisbelle, Sweet as π (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gisbelle | 27174 comments I am reading chapter 8 now. I ate too much this weekend, so now my stomach is feeling funny. (view spoiler)

message 28: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Feb 17, 2013 06:59PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 25051 comments I'm reading chapter 8 too (view spoiler)

message 29: by Gisbelle, Sweet as π (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gisbelle | 27174 comments (view spoiler)

message 30: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 25051 comments are you feeling any better?

:(

message 31: by Gisbelle, Sweet as π (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gisbelle | 27174 comments A bit better now. Thanks. It might be because I rarely have proper breakfast. Just a glass of milk. I might need to take some medicine. Stomachache is a real pain :(

message 32: by Gisbelle, Sweet as π (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gisbelle | 27174 comments Finished chapter 12
(view spoiler)

I am going to finish Beautiful Redemption first. I have 10 more chapters to go. Then I'll continue.

message 33: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 25051 comments okay, kids are home today (President's Day in the US. Schools are closed) so I'll start reading soon - need coffee and breakfast first!

Ugh, I'm at a stressful part in the book, it's hard to keep reading! LOL!

message 34: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 25051 comments 8 was a painful painful chapter

okay, I've pushed through and am getting ready to start chapter 9 :)

message 35: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 25051 comments chapter 10: I immensely dislike her dad!

(view spoiler)

that...was awful...

message 36: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 25051 comments Gisbelle wrote: "Finished chapter 12
But somehow, this planet is kinda scary, don't you think? The animals with saw-like claws...."

oh no!!! Who is this Chris guy??? I want Elder Elder Elder :) LOL

I hate that she isn't fighting for him. I understand she's torn between her parents & loyalty to them but they are totally discounting EVERYTHING the shipborn have been through

:(

message 37: by Gisbelle, Sweet as π (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gisbelle | 27174 comments I hope she is not going to flirt with this guy or anything.

Amy is not strong enough to defy her parents.

I don't like Amy's father much either.

message 38: by Gisbelle, Sweet as π (last edited Feb 18, 2013 03:48PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gisbelle | 27174 comments Oh one more thing, do you think they can really communicate with people from Sol-Earth?

If people from Sol-Earth have more advanced technology now, they should not have let Godspeed float wander off in space for this long.

message 39: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Feb 18, 2013 03:58PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 25051 comments hmmm..okay, I'm at chapter 25

and...I have some theories

Chris...(view spoiler)

and I think Orion (view spoiler)

and finally, Sol-Earth (view spoiler)

ugh, this book is so hard to read. with every chapter I cringe more. Elder and Amy keep shouldering so much guilt and blame that isn't theirs to shoulder. And they keep not talking about things and...(view spoiler)

lol I can't wait until things start turning around! probably another 100 pages or so....

message 40: by Gisbelle, Sweet as π (last edited Feb 19, 2013 05:00AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gisbelle | 27174 comments you know what, Trisha. I fell asleep after finishing chapter 25. And I dreamt about it! So creepy, yet so cool.

I haven't read your spoiler tagged post yet. That scene in chapter 25 was so scary.

message 41: by Gisbelle, Sweet as π (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gisbelle | 27174 comments I finished 27.
(view spoiler)

message 42: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 25051 comments oh no! You feel asleep and had dreams about it! ugh, that is scary! LOL! I hope you didn't sleep too bad :(

I'm on page 203, chapter 36...

and I love that we have a new adventure but (view spoiler)

My husband's theory (view spoiler)

message 43: by Gisbelle, Sweet as π (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gisbelle | 27174 comments I really like this book :) This is the only series I have read that all books are equally well-written.

I love your theories! I feel so sorry for people are who still in Godspeed. I hope Elder can do something to help them.

Thinking of those genetic modifying is scary! I can't believe those creatures have been created by human. How messed up that is!

Your husband's theory is pretty cool!

Maybe you've finished it already :P I am in chapter 40.

message 44: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 25051 comments lol no, I haven't picked it back up yet. finishing a different one for another buddy read and then I'm back to this one :)

message 45: by Gisbelle, Sweet as π (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gisbelle | 27174 comments :) I think we can finish this one today.

message 46: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 25051 comments me too! I can't wait! Awww. I've seen so many glowing reviews so I think it's going to end well ;)

message 47: by Gisbelle, Sweet as π (last edited Feb 19, 2013 03:54PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gisbelle | 27174 comments I love this one so much! I was tempted to call in sick you know lol...

message 48: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Feb 19, 2013 03:56PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 25051 comments lol hahahah!!! I'm so glad I didn't speed ahead and finish it then! I'd hate to encourage your "sick"ness!

plus, we'll still finish it today.....

message 49: by Gisbelle, Sweet as π (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gisbelle | 27174 comments lol... I feel like I can just go ahead and rate it 5 stars!

So you are in what chapter now?

message 50: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 25051 comments oh my gosh, I hate chapter 37... Did he almost kiss her??! Gah! I dislike Chris!!!!

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Across the Universe (other topics)
Godspeed - Die Ankunft (other topics)
Shades of Earth (other topics)
A Million Suns (other topics)
Shades of Earth (other topics)
More...