This topic is about Mockingjay
Hunger Games > Mockingjay

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Olivia McCloskey | 2115 comments Mod
What did you think?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Spoilers so readers be warned:
I hated that Finnick died! I loved him! He and Annie were about to have a baby and they were married! How can Annie cope without him? WHY SUZANNE COLLINS? WHHHHHYYYYY???

Charleen | 60 comments I think that the first book was better than Mockingjay. I wished it was a more powerful ending-usually I always remember the endings of books quite well, but for Mockingjay, I can hardly call it to my mind now, and I only read it about a year ago. I did like the Hunger Games, though. :)

Beatrice (beatricemasalunga) I'm slightly disappointed with this book. What happened in Mockingjay is just too much. But I like the epilogue.

(view spoiler)

Emma Winter | 34 comments Such a let down!!!! I mean it would probably be good by itself but it doesn't live up to the other books in this series at all!

Bri (s3psis) | 110 comments The Hunger Games trilogy bears the unfortunate burden of becoming worse with every installation. The first book was very good. It's plot was fast paced and exciting and it offered a refreshing new premise. Catching Fire was good--but not VERY good. Mockingjay, however, took a nosedive and was just dreadful. Extremely disappointing conclusion to the series that I found myself taking weeks to slog though, as opposed to the one or two days I took to read its predecessors.

Zara Bri wrote: "The Hunger Games trilogy bears the unfortunate burden of becoming worse with every installation. The first book was very good. It's plot was fast paced and exciting and it offered a refreshing new ..."

Bri, I'm glad I'm not the only one who was disappointed with this series. I thought Catching Fire was better than the first book but I thought Mockingjay was so tediously boring that it detracted from the rest of the series. I actually think it would have been better to have left it at the second book. I found the same as you about how long it took to read the books. I couldn't actually finish the last one but the other two took me a very short time read.

Ruchi G I loved this book!! A perfect ending, I thought, to a spectacular series. But I hated that Finnick died! I couldn't bear that pain.....but overall, I really enjoyed the book. The ending was a bit sad but the book was really great.

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 6 comments I was disappointed with how it all ended too. The first book was beyond amazing, but the next went downhill for me also.

Andrea (Love-in-pages) | 17 comments it was good, really interesting and you wanted to kmow everything. The thing the bother me was how it ended. Yes, she ended with Peeta but it was like... boring. It looked like she picked just because Gale killed Prim and not love

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Catching Fire (other topics)
Mockingjay (other topics)