The Help The Help discussion

Chocolate Pie

Comments (showing 1-33 of 33) (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lydia After reading "The Help" are you suspicious of chocolate pie?

Sonia I wasn't until now...

Nadosia Grey I never ate chocolate pie before - was never a fan.

Lori not too often when I get to have a piece of chocolate pie. not sure if I ever had a homemade one. pretty funny chapter in the book. and in the movie.but heck, I would still have a piece.

Tania i think you may have to watch the movie guys ;P

Elise The Squirrel Funnily enough, after seeing the movie, I whipped up some chocolate pie... And it tasted really good haha! I found a website of the recipe they used for the film :) It looked amazing (and tasted nice, too)!

Donnica nope.... I just always watch what I eat anyway!!!!!!lol

Tania elise, would you not be sickened of the thought while eating it? ahaha

Crosly Anderson Not really :3
But the book WAS THE BEST.

message 10: by Melissa (last edited Jan 23, 2013 01:11PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Melissa oh that 'terrible awful' ... that was GREAT! It made me cringe and laugh. No, I wouldn't have a problem eating chocolate pie.

message 11: by Donnica (last edited Jan 24, 2013 03:14PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Donnica The sheer revenge made it look good and other pies taste....wonderful....

message 12: by N (last edited Jan 24, 2013 07:41PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

N No thanks,lol.

Reyhaneh I've never had chocolate pie but that was one of the funniest parts in the book. I loved it.

message 14: by Sage (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sage no not really

message 15: by Betsy (last edited Feb 07, 2013 12:35PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Betsy I've never had a problem eating chocolate pie,and unfortunately probably never will! :D
When I went to see the movie, you could tell who had read the book and who had not. They movie played it like the book and didn't immediately tell you what "the big awful" was.People who had read the book laughed at the mention of the "big awful" while the rest of the audience remained silent and confused by the titters and giggles.

Cindy Ehrenreich My question is, how could it have been so delicious that Hilly ate 2 slices with THAT secret ingredient?

message 17: by Judy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Judy Evenson Lydia wrote: "After reading "The Help" are you suspicious of chocolate pie?",
No, but there are times I've wanted to bake one and give it to someone special. Great book for another view of the turbulent times of Civil Rights Movement.

Daneille O'Neil Cindy wrote: "My question is, how could it have been so delicious that Hilly ate 2 slices with THAT secret ingredient?"

Well here's the better question, do you know what faeces taste like? The way the mind works you need to know what something tastes like in order to detect it in your food.

Goldye poop is what made the pie amazing

Cindy Ehrenreich Well the aroma is not too pleasant

Betsy Yeah,and some people would eat chocolate ANYTHING! :D

message 22: by A.J. (new) - rated it 4 stars

A.J. Knauss Ah revenge, a dish best served with a wicked sense of humor!

Janet Cindy wrote: "My question is, how could it have been so delicious that Hilly ate 2 slices with THAT secret ingredient?"

My thoughts exactly? The flavor would have to be off!

Janet A.J. wrote: "Ah revenge, a dish best served with a wicked sense of humor!"

hahahahah

Betsy Strange, I thought about that pie and its' taste. I wondered if Minnie didn't imply that a pile of poop was the "secret ingredient", and just the idea was enough to make Hilly ill.

Diamond how she didn't taste that in the pie or smelled it on her breath she had to do something to it to make it not smell cause that was impossible.

Lydia Betsy wrote: "Strange, I thought about that pie and its' taste. I wondered if Minnie didn't imply that a pile of poop was the "secret ingredient", and just the idea was enough to make Hilly ill."

Oh no, I don't think so! It was the REAL thing!

Naomi I'm extremely suspicious... But, it gives me an idea...

April Maybe it was just a small amount if the secret ingredient, therefore didn't change taste of over pie.

eilis When I went to see The Help in theatres there were about 3 of us who started laughing before it happened (because we'd read the book) and other people were looking at us like "what??????". Too funny :)
But all those non-readers before seers clued in eventually...

Diamond Eilis wrote: "When I went to see The Help in theatres there were about 3 of us who started laughing before it happened (because we'd read the book) and other people were looking at us like "what??????". Too funn..."

lol they was clue less thinking yall were just making noise but yall new it already but that smart to read the book first so yhu'll know everything that happened because sometimes the movie doesn't show everything the book does.

Diamond April wrote: "Maybe it was just a small amount if the secret ingredient, therefore didn't change taste of over pie."

it was something because ik she smelled and tasted that i would have.

Betsy Eilis wrote: "When I went to see The Help in theatres there were about 3 of us who started laughing before it happened (because we'd read the book) and other people were looking at us like "what??????". Too funn..."

Yeah, I had the same experience. You knew by who laughed first whether they had read the book.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Help (other topics)