Mrs. Gallagher's Book Group discussion

Water for Elephants
This topic is about Water for Elephants
Emily Thompson's Book Review

Comments (showing 1-1 of 1) (1 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Emily | 3 comments The book “Water for Elephants” by Sara Gruen was an amazing book about a young man who runs away from his life and joins the circus. Jacob Jankowski is a 90 year old remembering his times when he worked for the circus. When he is only 23 years old and about to take his final exams at Cornell veterinarian school his life is turned upside down and he runs off and jumps on a circus train, where he is taken in and becomes the circus veterinarian. This book kept me turning the pages all night long. It sucks you into the story of the life and relationships of Jacob Jankowski. I gave these book 5 stars because once I started reading it I couldn’t stop, because it has an unpredictable story of love, life, and tragedy. I believe this books was targeted for an older more mature young adult because it does have a lot of swearing and physically detailed scenes. Older young adults that are in there 20 can appreciate it more because it has a lot of characters that are in that age group and would relate to the struggles that go on with the characters. I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a tale of a love that seemed impossible and a life that took a turn for the better or worse. This book makes you think about your life and how things can easily affect it. You just have to ask yourself, what would you do if your whole life turned upside down?Water for Elephants

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Water for Elephants (other topics)