Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) Vampire Academy discussion

HELPP!!!

Comments (showing 1-32 of 32) (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Ineedmore Please can somebody recommend a book that is like the Vampire Academy series - I am literally dying without it...and preferablly with a kickass heroine and a hot guy that is a jerk - like Daemon from Obsidian (eeeeeekkk!!)

I have already read the Lux and Covenant series

Thank you for any books that you might recommend

......xxx

Veronica Touch (Denazen, #1) by Jus Accardohero is not a jerk but heroine is kick ass

Ineedmore Thank you so much. I'm going to buy those books right now. Looking forward to reading them so much. Especially the ones by Cassandra Clare - seeing as I haven't really read books written by her before so it will be interesting

*~*~~*~reading~**~till~**~forever*~~*~* Half-Blood (Covenant, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout (and the rest of the series) it's really good!

Ineedmore Yeah I've read those. Their amazing

message 8: by Amanda (last edited Jan 14, 2013 01:46AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amanda Dark Frost (Mythos Academy) by Jennifer Estep! Really HOT jerk lol I think you'll enjoy it

Ineedmore Thanks so much. I've read the first ones in the Cassandra Clare serieses (I don't think that's a word...) any others? I have to wait until tomorrow afternoon to buy them :( but I think a break will do me good - I'm a bit obsessed right now xxx

message 10: by Kirsten (new) - added it

Kirsten Magic Bites
Kate Daniels is a totaly kickass and I am in love with Curran your sarcastic hot guy.

Scarlet A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray. It's about a teenage girl in the Victorian era who gets sent to an all girls' boarding school and discovers she has a connection to the supernatural world. I just finished the first book in this trilogy yesterday. It was really good.

Ashley I don't know if you're still taking recommendations, but I know of a few you might like!

Prince of Wolves is the first in The Grey Wolves series. There are 5 books and you will read through them super fast, if you're anything like me. It's about a trio of friends that find themselves connected in a world they didn't know existed. They are all snarky and fun to read about. Give it a go!

My Wolf's Bane is such a great book! Its about a girl who has had to move around all her life and hasn't ever lived in one place for too long. Until now. She will be 18 in a few days, so she decides to stand up to her parents and tells them she will be staying where she is. There's a new guy in school that seems to protect her even if he says he doesn't care, and her ex boyfriend is insane. Also, she seems to be developing powers. Its a MUST read! The next one comes out this summer, so there's not too much of a wait for it =P

Bloodlines Have you read this one yet? It's the spin-off series for Vampire Academy. If you loved Adrian as much as me, then give it a shot.

Hope I helped! =)

Megan Have you read Delirium? The main character isn't a badass in the first book, but give it a chance and you won't be disappointed in the second one.

You can also try Something Witchy This Way Comes. Tessa can't kick ass physically, but she can verbally! Also, Hayden is smoking hot :D

Cudeezombie Marked (House of Night, #1) by P.C. Cast (house of night series) Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1) by Rachel Caine (morganville Vampires series ***probably the closest thing to vampire academy***)
The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1) by Kelley Armstrong (is about a group of kids who have magic powers and try to escape where they are being held ***it doesn't seem it but it is romantic too***)
The Mortal Instruments Boxed Set  City of Bones; City of Ashes; City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #1-3) by Cassandra Clare (AMAZING book series everyone should read it lol)
Nightshade (Nightshade, #1) by Andrea Cremer (werewolf love)
Raised by Wolves (Raised by Wolves, #1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (so so so so sooooo amazing and fun)

message 15: by Sidrah (last edited Feb 18, 2013 09:37AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sidrah City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare-Hot guy, sick ass female charecter and ANGELS!!
Glitch (Glitch, #1) by Heather Anastasiu-a bit different from the average paranormal book...

Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick..TOO AWESOME FOR WORDS..

Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) by Kiersten White-werewolf, vampire, faeries you name it!
Strange Angels (Strange Angels, #1) by Lili St. Crow-doesnt really have a jerk in it (kinda) but still pretty awesome!
Everneath (Everneath, #1) by Brodi Ashton-ultimate JERK
Darkness Before Dawn (Darkness Before Dawn, #1) by J.A. London-VAMPIRES
Hope that helps :)

Ineedmore They all sound awesome thanks. I have read the bloodlines series actually - just read Indigo Spell (amazzzinng) I'm going to have to get all of those books you guys suggested. And I've already read House of Night and Morganville Vampires. Have you guys read the Fallen Angela series? It's really good and I just started ....

Camille Evermore by Alyson Noel is pretty good--although the main character is nothing like Rose when it comes to action. It has the whole vampire feel to it.
I am number four by Pitticus Lore is excellent to, but it's about aliens not vampires--although the main girl is a very good character.

Jessica Lovesya I was about to recommend Obsidian by Jennifer L Armentrout, but I see someone beat me to it. I'd try that or My Wolf's Bane by Veronica Blade. Zack isn't a total jerk like Daemon of Obsidian, but he's got his moments. In a good way :-)

Ineedmore Read My Wolf's Bane and loved it - read it in a night...any other suggestions? I really appreciate it

message 20: by Mʌɗɗɣ 〚 ⊹ 〛 (last edited Feb 19, 2013 03:04PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mʌɗɗɣ 〚 ⊹ 〛 I would recomment the House of Night series for sure... i like them and i dont like vampire books at all, the series is just really long..... the first book is Marked by P.C cast and kristin cast

Ineedmore Yeah I've read them - stopped after a while though. There was just so many of them (i loved them though)

Mʌɗɗɣ 〚 ⊹ 〛 Ineedmore wrote: "Yeah I've read them - stopped after a while though. There was just so many of them (i loved them though)"

exactly what i thought...

Ineedmore I kind of lost track of where I was towards the end so just gave up. I've been searching for an hour now and can't find a new book to read :(

message 24: by Jenn (new) - added it

Jenn I just read My Wolf's Bane and fell in love with Zack (soooo hot)! If you want more maybe check out some of the authors other books. They aren't series though :(

Mʌɗɗɣ 〚 ⊹ 〛 what other books have you read... what genre do you like to read?

Ineedmore I've read
all of the vampire academy
The bloodlines series
House of night
Morganville vampires
Nightshade
The summoning
Full moon rising (and all the other ones in this series)
Sherrilyn Kenyon (the dark hunters series)
Graceling
Fire
Bitten the bullet (and others)
James Patterson max series
My wolfs bane
Elfin
Bitten
Caged in Darkness
Convenant series
Lux series
That's all I can remember so far
But I like YA paranormal romance books where the two main people do not instantly fall in love (cause that's just annoying) and love triangles piss me off because normally the guy I like never gets picked and its really obvious
Hope this is what you wanted?
If not let me know?
Xxx

Ashley Yay! I'm glad to see you like My Wolf's Bane! That author has a lot of great ones very similar to that one. Try A Bite's Tale. Its a remake of Cinderella with a paranormal twist.

I read Elfin, too! That's the same author of the other book I recommended, Prince of Wolves. That series is hilarious! You'll love it!

If you get a chance, try Bound. It reminds me of The Lux series.

Michaela I'd recommend:

The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa
The Hex Hall series by Rachel Hawkins
The Goddess Test series by Aimee Carter
Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
Divergent by Veronica Roth
The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa
Legend by Marie Lu
Shatter Me by Teherah Mafi
Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas
Darkest Powers series by Kelley Armstrong
Any book by Cassandra Clare - I think these have already been mentioned.
Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost - although this isn't YA.

Ineedmore Thanks I really want to read a good number of those. I'm back at school now though so I have to wait until the weekend to get any Internet connection to buy them arghhh can't wait till tomorrow
Going all out on a book shopping spree

April Gabby wrote: "City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare and Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare by Cassandra Clare"

I want to read both of those series Sooo bad!! Especially since City of Bones comes out into a movie this summer.

Shelby I loved Vampire Academy and Lux series
Some others that I read are Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves, #1) by Quinn Loftis Something Witchy This Way Comes (Something Witchy, #1) by Veronica Blade Captured (The Captive, #1) by Erica Stevens Bound (The Crystor, #1) by C.K. Bryant Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1) by Jamie McGuire

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Vampire Academy (other topics)
Touch (other topics)
City of Bones (other topics)
Clockwork Angel (other topics)
Half-Blood (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Cassandra Clare (other topics)
Sarra Cannon (other topics)