Pakistani Readers discussion

The Kite Runner
This topic is about The Kite Runner
Book of the Month > The kite runner

Comments (showing 1-50 of 69) (69 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Discuss away ...

Xubayr Mayo | 4 comments goood one, i will be reading it next month or maybe by the end of this month !!!

message 3: by Owaiz (new)

Owaiz I've a copy of this one. Read the first chapter, couldn't bother us ke baad.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

@Xubayr. How are you doing with the books you need to read first?

@Owaiz. Didnt you like it? Will you be reading it again?

Anne | 52 comments it is really good book.
my favourite character is hasan.
and the plot is very griping!
and i love the soul bond between hasan and amir.

Xubayr Mayo | 4 comments currently reading Infamous Murderers and The picture of Dorian gray.

message 7: by Owaiz (new)

Owaiz I don't think so. I've the book so I might read it someday. But not anytime soon.

message 8: by Anne (last edited Jan 20, 2013 06:30AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anne | 52 comments i think you shoul grab the book and think "i can go through from this" :P and read it patiently, inhale the words slowly and then you will lost in the book!
"you will see both light and darkness in the book; you will feel their pain and their love; you will confront by the harsh reality".

message 9: by Owaiz (new)

Owaiz I did that once. I read Wuthering Heights, which was extremely boring. Don't think I can do that again, especially now when I have loads to read. But yeah, I might, someday. I read popular books, and Kite Runner is talked about a lot.

message 10: by Maira (last edited Jan 20, 2013 09:39AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maira | 5626 comments Mod
Owaiz wrote: "I did that once. I read Wuthering Heights, which was extremely boring. Don't think I can do that again, especially now when I have loads to read. But yeah, I might, someday. I read popular books, a..."

wuthering heights was included in my finals and you have no idea how i got through the whole book. just when i started reading it i fall a sleep so i know what you went through. kite runner has my THUMBS UP!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Owaiz wrote: "I did that once. I read Wuthering Heights, which was extremely boring. Don't think I can do that again, especially now when I have loads to read. But yeah, I might, someday. I read popular books, a..."

If you can get through wuthering heights you could honestly get through anything. :p

Sairah wrote: "Owaiz wrote: "I did that once. I read Wuthering Heights, which was extremely boring. Don't think I can do that again, especially now when I have loads to read. But yeah, I might, someday. I read po..."

ditto! ;p

message 13: by Owaiz (new)

Owaiz Score!

message 14: by Anne (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anne | 52 comments Owaiz wrote: "I did that once. I read Wuthering Heights, which was extremely boring. Don't think I can do that again, especially now when I have loads to read. But yeah, I might, someday. I read popular books, a..."

how can you compare one book with another?
these both books have written in different era and have different stories to tell!
i have read 2 3 chapters of wuthering heights and i really wanted to puke! :P
but believe me kite runner is different...
there is so much to see in this book, so much to experience...
well, iam not forcing you to read but you should not neglect such a book... :)

message 15: by Owaiz (new)

Owaiz I'm only comparing the boredom in both. But I'll admit, Wuthering Heights is probably a 1000 times more boring than The Kite Runner. It's just that the story doesn't interest me at all, and in Wuthering Heights, in spire of being boring, I could always make myself go on to know what happens next. In the end I find myself calling Wuthering Heights my favourite book of all time. I'll try Kite Runner, but I still don't understand what it is about.

Owaiz wrote: "I'm only comparing the boredom in both. But I'll admit, Wuthering Heights is probably a 1000 times more boring than The Kite Runner. It's just that the story doesn't interest me at all, and in Wuth..."

this is what we call liturature ;p you won't understand it untill you read it :) *(may be not even then)* :P

message 17: by Owaiz (new)

Owaiz Be nice, I failed in EMT today. :/

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Owaiz wrote: "Be nice, I failed in EMT today. :/"

Aww dude. Don't worry. You got us :)

message 19: by Owaiz (new)

Owaiz This probably means I'll have to go for an extra semester. But given that I'm probably a below ordinary student, I think it is ok. It's just one semester. Hopefully.

Owaiz wrote: "This probably means I'll have to go for an extra semester. But given that I'm probably a below ordinary student, I think it is ok. It's just one semester. Hopefully."

AWWW! my sympaties.
koi gaal nai fair sai :P

message 21: by Owaiz (new)

Owaiz On the bright side, my parents don't give a crap about my result. Woohoo! :D

Owaiz wrote: "On the bright side, my parents don't give a crap about my result. Woohoo! :D"

good for you i guess.

message 23: by Owaiz (new)

Owaiz Not really. I would've liked if they were like my friends' parents, who get all mad even when their kids get 99 out of 100.

Owaiz wrote: "Not really. I would've liked if they were like my friends' parents, who get all mad even when their kids get 99 out of 100."

i think your parents are cool to you because they know not everyone is a feaking genious and eveyone has there own potential so no use in scolding them for it. besides i don't think you would like it if they gave you crap about it, you are past that stage :P

message 25: by Owaiz (new)

Owaiz Haan, they're like numbers don't really matter. Just get the freaking degree. Because I already have a job. :D

again good for you :P

Sohaib | 6867 comments Had read this book quite a while ago. It was a good read but for me it lacked the "elfy" effect that excellent fictions have, like "Moth smoke" had but nevertheless a very good production from a very good Pakistani writer

message 28: by Anne (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anne | 52 comments Muhammad wrote: "Had read this book quite a while ago. It was a good read but for me it lacked the "elfy" effect that excellent fictions have, like "Moth smoke" had but nevertheless a very good production from a ve..."

He is not a pakistani writer, he is afgani writer!
Now living in us...

message 29: by Owaiz (new)

Owaiz Anne wrote: "Muhammad wrote: "Had read this book quite a while ago. It was a good read but for me it lacked the "elfy" effect that excellent fictions have, like "Moth smoke" had but nevertheless a very good pro..."

Easy to confuse them, given how Afghans are almost everywhere in Pakistan. Ok, I should read this one.

Shumaila | 125 comments i have heard much about this book. one of my colleague also have a copy of it so i am looking forward to read it in coming months. not very soon because i am already reading a book, part of my january pending book challenge.

Sohaib | 6867 comments Oh sorry for that. I read it somewhere that he is a local writer. Translated it as a Pakistani writer. My bad

Shumaila | 125 comments Anne wrote: "i think you shoul grab the book and think "i can go through from this" :P and read it patiently, inhale the words slowly and then you will lost in the book!
"you will see both light and darkness in..."

I had to do the same while reading "wuthering heights" :P when i started it, it took me weeks to finish the first 5, 6 pages but once i decided to read till end, it gradually starting interesting and when i finished it, it became one of my favourits. so if reading "kite runner" needs the same formula thn i think i will enjoy it as well:)

Sohaib | 6867 comments @Shumaila Kite runner does need that formula for the first half of the book not just first five or six pages. And a big problem with the writing of this book is the bitter after taste that remains with you after the first chapter and gets stronger through out the book till the start of the last chapter :(

message 34: by Owaiz (last edited Jan 22, 2013 10:43AM) (new)

Owaiz (Quote message 32)

Ditto! Except I don't think I can do it again for Kite Runner.

Sohaib | 6867 comments Owaiz wrote: "Sohaib wrote: "Oh sorry for that. I read it somewhere that he is a local writer. Translated it as a Pakistani writer. My bad"

Ditto! Except I don't think I can do it again for Kite Runner."

Neither can I :(

message 36: by Owaiz (new)

Owaiz Yay! chalo, let's not read it then. Haha, even though I will.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Was there any bipolar character?

Sohaib | 6867 comments Not that I can think of :\

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Then I don't really see how there was a bipolar link although I may be wrong considering I haven't read it yet :p

message 40: by Owaiz (new)

Owaiz I think I'm going to read this. I've brought it with me. So, we have the whole February to read it, right?

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

yeps the whole month :)

message 42: by Owaiz (new)

Owaiz But you've added 2 books for the same month. Can't we have one? I like reading slowly, which wouldn't leave time for The Hobbit and I don't want to miss The Hobbit group reading.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

hmmmmmm I only put 2 because both the books got the same amount of votes in the poll. I'll keep the kite unner up for another month if you like or Ill move it to march. it depends on how many people want to read it

message 44: by Owaiz (new)

Owaiz Yeah, I mean let's just stay with one book a month. Or if it's just me, then it is okay.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

no to be honest I just wanted one book but then the poll made me think 2. i'll take off kite runner n put it back in the poll since by the look of this thread there arn't many people wanting to read it at the moment :)

yeah that is a great idea.

message 47: by Owaiz (new)

Owaiz Maira wrote: "yeah that is a great idea."

Word.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

lolz good cuz i've done it :P

Sundas (Sundas_Azim) | 2 comments Somebody said 'if you can get throught wuthering heights you can get through the kite runner" so aptly put!
The Kite Runner is one of the best books i have read so far. Human emotions are portrayed beautifully. I wonder how it seems boring to some. Try again people!

Ayeza (AyezaAbidKalim) | 9 comments read this book 2 years ago. i remember staying completely glued to ittill the last page. completely loved the story and plot although a few aspects of it were very bitter but then again i think it does justice to what is really the truth going on in these places.

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread