A Piece of Cake A Piece of Cake discussion

The Reader's Den book discussion

Comments (showing 1-18 of 18) (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Reader's Den In February, The New York Public Library's online book discussion, the Reader's Den discussed A Piece of Cake by Cupcake Brown. Vist the blog to see what others had to say and add your own thoughts and comments!

Tanya  Smith Sometimes in life an adult becomes who they are because adults that were suppose to raise them fail them, don't get me wrong that isn't an excuse but the parents that fail the children they are suppose to parent should take responibility for not doing the job they were suppose to do.

message 3: by Marilyn (new) - added it

Marilyn Diamond I was really looking foward to part two of this book for her to discuss what life is really like now that she has found recovery... We all have our war stories and some are better than others but how are you really living?

message 4: by Jessica (last edited Aug 16, 2011 08:24PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jessica She stated on her website that there may be a movie coming out about it soon! I'm excited!!!

Theweebarrell i really enjoyed this book and enjoyed the second one too

Phyllis Theweebarrell wrote: "i really enjoyed this book and enjoyed the second one too"

What the name of the second book she has out?

Chayla I didn't know there was a second one either. What is the name of it? Any information on who will be directing the film?

Ashley I have looked on her website and at Barnes and Noble and I do not see another book

Sally I liked this book but certain chapters were a bit too boring and she rambled and rambled on. I didn't even know there was a second one. Whats the name? If they turn this into a movie, I hope they pick actors/actress that can really bring out the powerful emotions and not turn it into something crappy.

Papaya I loved this book I hope they do ma ke a movie on it

Susan I really enjoyed this book. I do hope they make a movie, even though they are rarely as good as the book.

Tanya  Smith What is the name of the second book?

Saxonjus I must admit I didn't enjoy this book as much as I thought I would.I thought too much hype about it in reviews. I agre she rambled on a bit at times I felt her experiences seemed a little unbelievable.I didn'ti dentify with her in the book.

Suzanne Great book, I read this when there was nothing on the shelves like it at the time. I agree with Sally on the movie - who they pick for the actor and main lead of Cupcake herself. I hope they don't turn it into something lame and just make it into some teenage fluff piece as the story could be done as a piece of some substance and seriousness.

Let's hope it's not a b'grade lunchtime actress who can't act. I vote for Alfre Woodard or Viola Davis as Cupcake. Even Jennifer Hudson or Halle Berry (channels Monster's Ball serious acting) could be great as long as the Director gets the tone of the movie right and not make it ridiculously light.

Who do you think should play the lead? or not and why?

Consuelo Theweebarrell wrote: "i really enjoyed this book and enjoyed the second one too"

There is a second one? What is it called? It doesn't say on the book page on Goodreads. I loved this book. It is in my top favorite books and I would be interested in finding that second book.

Consuelo Tanya wrote: "What is the name of the second book?"

Did you ever find out the title of the second book? I'm just as curious.

Tanya  Smith I did a little research and I do not see anyting about a second book, it seems she's only wrote Cupcake Brown.

Consuelo Tanya wrote: "I did a little research and I do not see anyting about a second book, it seems she's only wrote Cupcake Brown."

Ok. Thanks.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

A Piece of Cake (other topics)