Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) Vampire Academy discussion

whats better? vampire acadamy, twilight, or hush hush?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 53) (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Shii i would imclude harry potter in this but i think majority wuould agree all three have no competiton over harry potther becouse thats just THE BEST!!!!! any way, which one? im debating betweeen VA (vampire acadamy) and twlight...

Brooke VAMPIRE ACADEMY!!!

Dawn Vamp Academy is better written, and I like the story. Twilight is a starter set of books, but I liked them too. I just recently discovered va but have read twilight multiple times in the last few years. I like the idea of the way vamps are in VA over the sparkle crap in twilight. And at least rose is a bad ass and not some whiny teen who can't decide between one or the other. Ugh. VA has my vote.

As far as harry potter is concerned, there isn't competition between it and the three you mentioned because of subject matter.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

VAMPIRE ACADEMY! and the 3rd installment of bloodlines comes out in February!!! omg!

Brooke Baylor wrote: "VAMPIRE ACADEMY! and the 3rd installment of bloodlines comes out in February!!! omg!"
Thank God! I'm DYING to meet Marcus!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

ME too!!!! yea i think it's out february 12th! have you read the 1st 2 chapters??

Brooke Baylor wrote: "ME too!!!! yea i think it's out february 12th! have you read the 1st 2 chapters??"
No...

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

OMG!!! You have got to. I have the links!

Chapter 1 of Indigo Spell
http://alicemarvels.us1.list-manage.c...

Chapter 2 of Indigo Spell
http://alicemarvels.us1.list-manage.c...

Celeste Biersack Vampire academy.
For one vampires in this series don't sparkle like gay faggots. And the girls in Vampire academy aren't stupid like a curtain girl from twilight.

Rose and Adrian <3 Forever.
And the spirit dreams they share....

Avalon Vampire Academy series (and the Bloodlines series)...

I don't do sparkeling and can honesty say I have never watched any film of it or read a word in the books lol

I'm VA all the way (ha that rhymes)

Athena Va all the way.

Brooke *squeals* I CAN'T WAIT TO READ THE REST! *patiently waiting for Sydney to realize that she loves Adrian back* (I'm actually starting to hate lilies.)

Athena Lol. I haven't started the bloodline series yet.

Avalon Athena wrote: "Lol. I haven't started the bloodline series yet."

You totally should :D You'll read through it like a hot knife through butter... it is that good (according to me)

Athena Yeah. I wanna read it but I have sooooo many other books to read first. :P

Celeste Biersack Hates alchemists.
Loves Vampires.
Vampire academy.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Brooke wrote: "*squeals* I CAN'T WAIT TO READ THE REST! *patiently waiting for Sydney to realize that she loves Adrian back* (I'm actually starting to hate lilies.)"

I know!!! ugh the airplane scene killed me!!!;) i love adrian so much!!!! wake up girl!

Inger I can't decide because I just start reading the hush hush saga. But I think that I will not choose because there are diverent thing I like about the Vampire Academy but I like other thing about the Hush Hush! It is just a dilemma!!

Gabby VA!!!

message 20: by Ceia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ceia Vampire Academy. I loved Hush, Hush but I just think Vampire Academy is written so well and can offer such a variety of emotions and I just love Dimitri. Twilight was okay but personally, I think each book dragged on and I found Bella really annoying.

Amanda VAMPIRE ACADEMY ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!

Bonny Bon Bon VAMPIRE ACADEMY!!!!

Chisom *AngelBooky* Definetly Vampire Academy! The only series that didn't annoy me after the second book ;)

Hismi ABSOLUTEY VAMPIRE ACADEMY

Latham Vampire Academy.

message 26: by Lina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lina I'm a sucker for Vampire Academy. Dimka ftw. <3

Virgil Definitely Vampire Academy! Dimitri all the way! :)

Brandy Nacole Vampire Academy! While Twilight and Hush Hush were okay, mostly the first book for both, Vampire Academy had me all the way! Love Adrian!!

Tasnin Out of the 3 it has to be Vampire Academy, the writing just sucks you in from the start till the end.

Goshgirl I have to say Vampire Academy is far better than Twilight. I've never read Hush Hush, But still, VAMPIRE ACADEMY RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D SYDRIAN ALL THE WAY !!!!!

message 31: by Tehya (new) - added it

Tehya I say Hush Hush, Hush Hush has way better development of the charcters and the plot is better. All of the book Twilight, Vampire Academy and Hush Hush all start off slow. Hush Hush also has better characters. I think Patch is more dangerous and a fallen angel. Fallen Angel are better than Vampires!!

Awesome A VA AND BLOODLINES ARE THE BEST BOOKS! Twilight is okay and Angel type of books are not my thing.
Vampire Acadmey and Bloodlines are the type of books that you can stick your teeth into!

Alhanoof Vampire academy.. I already read it four times already and Bloodlines is just AMAZING..
Can't wait for The Indigo Spell =D

Bruce 1st Vampire Academy
2nd Hush, Hush
3rd Twilight
They all have great character developemnet, but Va just sucks you in. I had withdrawls over not knowing what was happening with Rose and Demitri when I finished. Will deffinetly be rereading in the future!!!
If you have not read any then read in this order and you won't be disappointed!!!

message 35: by Liv (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liv Vampire Academy for sure. I haven't read Hush Hush but Twilight was just depressing.

Awesome A Bruce wrote: "1st Vampire Academy
2nd Hush, Hush
3rd Twilight
They all have great character developemnet, but Va just sucks you in. I had withdrawls over not knowing what was happening with Rose and Demitri when..."

Well I have reread VA about 5 times! VA is super awesome! Never get bored of rereading it. What did you think of Blood Promise?

Courtney A.K.A The Book Addict VAMPIRE ACADEMY ALL THE WAY! THERE'S NO COMPETION! AND I ABSOLUTELY LOVE DIMITRI

Larry Arnold i havent read all of vampire academy, cant get into book 4. havent read hush hush.

so i would sat twilight

Awesome A Yeah book four wasn't really my favourite but the others were!

Lorena VAMPIRE ACADEMY.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

So... I'm just hoping I won't be shot down but I didn't really like any of them. If I have to chose the best, it would be Hush Hush simply because Twilight sucks and Vampire Academy, frankly, was boring and predictable (That said, I have only read the first one). Hush Hush was still not brilliant, but it kept me interested and made me a little scared.

Anshita All 3 are totally amazing..!! But still, just because of Dimitri, I think I'll say VAMPIRE ACADEMY is the BEST <3 :D

Ebony Vampire Academy for sure, I have the urge to read them all over again now...:)

Mary Anne Theriault Vampire Academy and the Bloodlines series as well. So much better than the sadistic relationship between Bella and Edward.
Adrian Ivashkov is the most important reason I read the books. Amazing.

Cecilia Vazquez hello people VAMPIRE ACADEMY is the best ever.VA is the first series that i dint get bored with and twilight is fun but i dont like the idea of vampires that sprkle its just stupid

message 46: by Danielle (new) - added it

Danielle VAMPIRE ACADEMY!

Aolani_marie_98 Twilight!?!?!?!?!?!?! Ewwwww!!!! What a croc. It's not even realistic! A total insult to vampires everywhere! If I had to choose which series out of Hush Hush and Vampire Academy, I would have to say both. They both include amazing twists and seem legit. Twilight is out of the question. I mean seriously!? A sparkling vampire. Ain't no body got time for that.

Midwestocean Vampire Academy defiantly!

message 49: by Tena (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tena Vampire Academy! I don't like Twilight so much.I haven't read Hush Hush yet.

Aolani_marie_98 Tena wrote: "Vampire Academy! I don't like Twilight so much.I haven't read Hush Hush yet."

Hush Hush is about angels and fallen angels. SO if you like that kind of stuff, you'll really enjoy this series.

« previous 1

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Vampire Academy (other topics)