Book Junkies discussion

To Kill a Mockingbird
This topic is about To Kill a Mockingbird
Group Reads > January General BotM: To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hannah (new) - added it

Hannah (Faize) | 1090 comments Mod
Alright, this month's BotM is To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, chosen by the End of 2012 Challenge winner Sarajayne.

I know quite a few of you high school graduates have probably read this book...:)

Kyla | 96 comments I think I've read this book four times! It's one of my favourites! I read it on my own and then again in high school and then twice more since then.

Tiffany McFly (tiffmcfly) | 733 comments Ah! One of the best bools, ever! I read it in high school and fell in love with it.

Martha  (theshortone08) Read it in high school as well and it's such a great novel!

Areej Reading it with the class and loving it!

Kelly Moody Read It! Loved It! Thats all I can say, hope you all enjoy it as much as I did

Khairiya (PeachesR) | 8 comments Our high school does not require students to read to kill a mockingbird which I am grateful for since I wouldn't have liked it nearly as much as I did if it was for an assessment! Overall it was such a brilliant book that was wonderfully written... It strikes me as a modern twist on classics! Unlike Austen books (which I adore) harper lee eliminates the use of hard words and difficult syntax. 4 stars

Tiffany McFly (tiffmcfly) | 733 comments That's really weird that it isn't required for you!
But even it was, you'd probably still enjoy it. I usually hated the books we HAD to read but this one was different. Even the students in my class that hated class/books/school/reading &c. really enjoyed reading this one. Some of the guys who never did much class even read ahead or more than was assigned!

Martha  (theshortone08) Really? I loved all the books i had to read in high school.

Raphael | 252 comments Khairiya wrote: "Our high school does not require students to read to kill a mockingbird which I am grateful for since I wouldn't have liked it nearly as much as I did if it was for an assessment! Overall it was su..."

Exactly, there was something about *having* to read a book that ruins it for me. Like I wasn't reading because I liked it, but because I had to. So that kinda ruined my view of the book.

Still enjoyed it though

unread topics | mark unread