Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Dani Collins
This topic is about Dani Collins
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Ask An Author, Win A Book Corner > AC: Dani Collins of No Longer Forbidden? Jan 10-12

Comments (showing 1-50 of 103) (103 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by Dee, Moderator (last edited Jan 06, 2013 05:03PM) (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 6384 comments Meet Dani
Dani Collins has been writing since before computers were in common use. She has often made money in nonfiction markets like newsletters, technical writing, policy & procedure editing, and journalism, but despite accolades and contest wins, only broke into the romance novel racket in 2012. Most of what she writes is contemporary, some of it is medieval fantasy. Occasionally her stories are funny, but they’re always emotional, passionate, and focused on an alpha hero slain by his love for a spirited woman.

Website
http://www.danicollins.com/

Blog
http://www.danicollins.com/category/b...

Social Media
Twitter: @DaniCollinsBook
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DaniCollinsA...

Books
Hustled To The Altar by Dani Collins No Longer Forbidden? by Dani Collins

Giveaway
Dani will be giving away 3 copies of No Longer Forbidden? to 3 participants in the chat - winners will be able to chose print or ebook and it is open worldwide

message 2: by Dee, Moderator (last edited Jan 10, 2013 01:16PM) (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 6384 comments Welcome Dani, it's a pleasure having you with us!

I hope you enjoy your time with our members; and good luck to you all!

GUIDELINES FOR AUTHOR AND PARTICIPANTS:

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/3...

Members, if you can please write the questions in bold; it would be easier for Dani to know that you have asked a question and less chance that it will be missed. Thanks!

In order to bold-

Place < b > before the question you have for Dani and < /b > after the question. Make sure there are no spaces.

gail nadezna | 1 comments so whats the main gist of the book ?

message 4: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 6269 comments Welcome Dani!

I love Contemporary Romance and I am very intrigued by No Longer Forbidden?. I now need to find out what was forbidden about their love....

Do you enjoy reading Contemporary Romance as well as writing it? Who are your favorite authors to read?

message 5: by Dee, Moderator (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 6384 comments hi Dani - thanks for joining us ;)

How much say did you have in the title of the book? Did it have a different working title?

Dani Collins (DaniCollins) | 49 comments Hi GoodReaders,

I’ll be a little slow initially with this chat. Thursdays are crazy days for me, up at 5:15 to get kids to sports, out the door by 6:10 and hopefully there’s no fresh snow to slow the drive.

So I have about five minutes to post this morning and then I’m flat out until I leave work at 4pm, at which time I promise to come back for a proper visit.

I have questions for you, actually, as I’m fairly new to Goodreads. What are some of your favorite things about it, what keeps you active, how do you find it most useful? Do you participate in challenges or role play? What else?

I’m a working mom who has just sold her first book(s), so I’ve got a lot on my plate. I made it my New Year’s Resolution to read more, though. I miss it. I signed up for a challenge, but I find the expanse of the Goodreads world kinda overwhelming. I’d like to know what others think the best features are so I can participate without fear of drowning.

I also have some freebies to tell you about (Kindle only at this point, sorry!) and other stuff to share (my Cover Reveal for my March release, The Healer.) I’m sure lots of you are busy with day jobs and family and living, but I hope you’ll check back through the next few days as I talk a little about my twenty-five year journey to selling my first book and where I’m going in 2013.

Have a great day and seeya this eve.

(I prepared this last night, but I see some questions posted already so will quickly answer before I run.)

cheers,
d

Dani Collins (DaniCollins) | 49 comments Giz, the basic storyline is that Rowan's mother was the mistress of Nic's father. They were never married so that gives Rowan no claim to the fortune when the pair are killed. She comes back to the house and Nic gives her 2 weeks to get her life sorted and be on her way. She's always had a secret crush and he's always been short tempered from lust. Things get heated ;o)

Hi Fran, I'll add to above that Nic's father put Rowan off limits after this: The Kiss That Changed Everything which is bonus content I wrote for the release of the book Jan 1.

I love reading romance, especially Presents, but also just about anything that has a great love story and happily ever after. I love India Grey, Abby Green, Maisey Yates, also Super author Cathryn Parry (full disclosure, she's a close friend, but she has a lovely, subtle touch.)

I need to read more in the single title arena, but I've always enjoyed Jenny Crusie, Laura Kinsale, Elizabeth Lowell... Feel free to recommend some people I need to discover.

Dani Collins (DaniCollins) | 49 comments Hi Dee, thank you for having me :)

I have no say in the title. I did have a working title called Taming The Temptress.

I'll admit I was surprised by the question mark in mine, but HQ takes their marketing very seriously so I don't question the question mark ;o)

running off now, back later today...

Vickie McDonough | 2 comments Dani,

Congratulations on selling your first book. How exciting. As an author, I haven't done much on Goodreads. It can be overwhelming, but it is also a good resource once you figure it all out. I've had pretty good luck keeping my titles for most of my books. I think that's something that varies from publisher to publisher. The thing I'd like more input on is the cover design. I've had a few I loved but most were disappointing.

Diana | 2 comments Welcome Dani!
I'm excited to read the book, sounds really interesting and I'm a sucker for romance novels. Good luck with the book and hopefully you will continue to write.
How long did it take you to write the book? Finding a publisher?

Thank you!

Nikki (nikkit23) | 115 comments Hi Dani! I would just like to say that I read The Kiss that Changed Everything and now I am really looking forward to No Longer Forbidden?!! As for your questions, I do enjoy challenges on GoodReads because they tend to help me decide what to read, which is good since my TBR is incredibly long! :) Now for my question...

How did you come up with the names of your characters?

message 12: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (last edited Jan 10, 2013 09:47AM) (new)

~KarenH~ | 2123 comments Hi Dani, thanks for taking time to visit with us! I can sure identify with the idea of Goodreads being overwhelming! I've been a member for a couple of years and I know I haven't even scratched the surface of all the stuff that is here. I found that what worked for me was to initially join just one or two groups that match your interests and then expand as much or as little as you are comfortable with over time, either due to recommendations from other members or just exploring on your own. This was the first group I joined, and I still consider it my "home base" here on GR, even though I have since joined several others.

Which established author(s) have had the biggest influence on your writing style, and are there any that have acted in the role of mentor for you?

I'm looking forward to checking out your books - No Longer Forbidden? sounds very intriguing.

Julie | 11 comments Dani -

I always love to read Q&A's from authors. Congrats on the new book. I have only recently been a Goodreads member. Everyday I find a new 'area' to explore. I love it!

< b > Once you decided to write your book.. how long was the process to the selling of your book? Did you find the process hard? < /b >

Looking forward to reading your book!

Tracie Travis (LuvnPhrost) | 3 comments Hi, Dani!
Congrats on making your dreams comes true.

Are your characters based on people you know or do you create people you want to meet?

message 15: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Jan 10, 2013 01:18PM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 8123 comments Welcome Dani :)

I joined GR and bumbled around for ages (?, OK maybe a few months) in the public pages, just looking for books I wanted to read based off the limited few that I'd found and liked in 'real life'. Once I joined this RRRC group the whole sub-genre within romance exploded for me - checking out other ppl's reading lists in challenges and then comparing reading compatibility blew my TBR list out of the water! And I've made some great friends along the way...

But back to you :)
I really like the precis for 'No Longer Forbidden' and taking into account your reply comment to Giz in message 7... Can we assume there is a mix up in assumptions on Rowan's parentage? (Trying hard not to force any spoilers here... Please ignore this question if it will force a spoiler!)

I notice that your book was 'book of the month' for Mills & Boon which must have been exciting for you. Do you know how they judge the criteria for that?

Makenzie (MakenzieFay) | 496 comments Hi Dani!!

Glad to see another Dani around here (though my GR name wouldn't let on to it. :) )

I'm really looking forward to reading some of your work. I'm always curious about authors' beginnings, so I'll ask....What prompted you to jump into the Romance genre? And along those lines, What was your inspiration to begin a writing career? Did you have dreams of anything else as a child? Astronaut, trapeze artist, surgeon?

Welcome to Goodreads, and thanks for participating in this Q&A session! I joined GR to try to organize my reading list and to discover books. I'd always read more of the 'classics' and a few romances before, but I've been getting more and more into contemporary literature since joining. This group, particularly, keeps me active with it's many challenges and wonderful people. I have had great recommendations from friends and have read some fabulous books in the challenges.

Iris (Ipro) | 276 comments Hi Dani and welcome!

To answer your questions, I have been an avid reader of all things romance since I was about 14. I've been on GoodReads now for almost 2 years and I love it. I've made new friends from all over the world that share the same love of books as I have, we share book recommendations, new authors, etc. I've also met alot of authors, mostly indie, who have also share my love of books. I love the challenges because there are so many books on my tbr list, sometimes it's just impossible to pick what I should read next by myself.

Now some questions for you... from medieval fantasy to contemporary is a huge jump. Which do you prefer? How much say do you have on the book cover?

Thanks!

Sassafrass (sass-a-frass) | 872 comments Hi Dani! It's so great to have you here. Happy New Years!

I'm looking forward to looking into your books as well, and I have a question for ya..

Now that you've been published, what advice would you give yourself before you were published that you didn't get? Or if there isn't advice that you'd give that you didn't get, what advice do you wish you listened to but didn't?

Dani Collins (DaniCollins) | 49 comments Hi Vickie

Thanks! Figure it out, is right. I just panicked as I looked at all my comments and tried to figure out an orderly way to reply without missing anyone.

Who do you write for? I do know Harlequin Mills & Boon have their methods based on reader response to certain types of titles, i.e. 'baby' in the title for certain markets.

My book with Champagne, the one coming out in March, is my title. (The Healer.) And of course my indie is my title ;o) (Hustled To The Altar)

You said, "The thing I'd like more input on is the cover design. I've had a few I loved but most were disappointing."

Honestly, I was so overwhelmed with working on my own (and I wound up paying someone) that I was thrilled to let the publishers make that decision with the others. I'm totally in love with my cover for The Healer so that can pay off.

Question for Readers: All three of my covers have wound up with the heroine's head above the heroes. I'm all about the alpha male, but to my mind this doesn't reflect that. Anyone else have a preference or thoughts on this?

Dani Collins (DaniCollins) | 49 comments Hi Diana,

You said, "Good luck with the book and hopefully you will continue to write."

I'm counting on it. In fact, GoodReads Exclusive News: Today I signed a contract for another three Harlequin Presents/Mills & Boon Moderns. I'm beyond thrilled.

You asked: "How long did it take you to write the book? Finding a publisher?"

No Longer Forbidden? took about nine months from the day I started page one to the final submission of the revised manuscript. There are weeks in there that the editor reviews it so I would say actual writing time was more like 4-5 months. That's not a 40 hr work week either. I write around my day job.

As for finding a publisher, I'd been submitting for years (twenty) when I was chosen as a finalist in Mills & Boons Instant Seduction contest. That was in 2008 and I sent in about six manuscripts before they bought this one.

It's been quite a journey.

message 21: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 8123 comments My main thought on 'No Longer Forbidden?''s cover was that he looked younger than the heroine. Plus, he's meant to have amassed a fortune - he doesn't look old enough, barely more than a teenager :)

But I agree - he does also appear a touch submissive in that pose as well, rather than alpha... (Not that I want to make you dissatisfied with your cover Dani, LOL!)

Dani Collins (DaniCollins) | 49 comments Hi Nikki,

You said: "I read The Kiss that Changed Everything and now I am really looking forward to No Longer Forbidden?!!"

This reminds me, IMPORTANT MESSAGE ABOUT GIVEAWAYS: My author copies haven't come yet!! When I set this up with Dee nearly three months ago, I had full confidence they'd be here by now. Turns out there was a mix up, they had to resend which was, of course, over Christmas.

You can get the full story of my despair over not yet holding My First Book in my blog post here:

Photos Of My Book

The book only released in the UK & Australia so I can't even gift a Kindle copy. (I've tried. Amazon is a bear about it. I did see it on iBooks in Australia, but haven't tried to gift that one.)

Once the author copies come, I will send you a signed copy. If you'd rather wait for The Healer or Proof Of Their Sins (Harlequin Presents, July) you can choose that option. We'll work it out.

As for your question, "How did you come up with the names of your characters?"

Nic just popped out as the right name, but once I decided his father was Scandinavian and his mother Greek, I made him Nicodemus Marcussen. I wanted Rowan's mother to be Irish so I pulled out my handy-dandy Character Naming Sourcebook and looked for something I liked. :)

Dani Collins (DaniCollins) | 49 comments Hi KarenH

This is great advice: "I found that what worked for me was to initially join just one or two groups that match your interests and then expand as much or as little as you are comfortable with."

I am likely to take a page out of your book ('scuse the pun) and make this my home base. I did sign up for a challenge a few weeks ago (the continent one) so I think this is a group that can really be helpful to me.

You asked: "Which established author(s) have had the biggest influence on your writing style, and are there any that have acted in the role of mentor for you?"

Haha, this is also a great question. I'm not sure who has had influence on my 'style,' but I love alpha males (Linda Howard) lots of emotion (Elizabeth Lowell) and I strive for evocative prose (Laura Kinsale.)

As for acting as a mentor, this is why I'm laughing. I also love humour and am a member of a writing group started by Jennifer Crusie. At the time, it was a massive critique group and she critiqued one of my scenes. It was brutal and yet so hysterical at the same time. She wasn't trying to be mean, just making a point about pacing and boy oh boy did I learn!

Thanks for reminding me of it. I may make a blog post of it one of these days.

Dani Collins (DaniCollins) | 49 comments Hi Julie,

You said: "I always love to read Q&A's from authors."

I'm very much enjoying this chat. Hope I'm not being too wordy and scaring people away. ;o)

You asked: "Once you decided to write your book.. how long was the process to the selling of your book? Did you find the process hard?"

I found the process very hard for a lot of reasons. Initially, twenty years ago, I didn't have much education with creative writing. Just high school English. So I spent many years writing manuscripts that were really about learning the craft.

One of my other mistakes was not sticking with one type of story or publisher or genre. For instance, Harlequin Presents/Mills & Boon Modern are all about the emotions with a very strong focus on the romance. I had been trying to break into other markets that were heavy to plot twists and had lots of secondary characters.

All of that had to be unlearned to succeed with M&B, but I'm so happy writing for them.

Having said that, I'll still pursue other genres. That's just who I am.

Dani Collins (DaniCollins) | 49 comments Hi Tracie,

Thanks!

You asked: "Are your characters based on people you know or do you create people you want to meet?"

I've had this question a lot lately and no, I don't intentionally base characters on people I know. Having said that, there might be certain qualities someone possesses that I feel compelled to give my hero or heroine.

For example, the hero in Hustled To The Altar, has a comeback for everything. He knows he should keep his mouth shut, it will only get him into trouble, but out it comes. That'd be my husband ;o)

Dani Collins (DaniCollins) | 49 comments Hi Jane (PS)

This is a great idea: "checking out other ppl's reading lists in challenges" since I have that continent challenge to figure out. I knocked off the easy ones (Europe & N.Amer.) Thanks for the tip!

You asked: "Can we assume there is a mix up in assumptions on Rowan's parentage?"

No spoiler :) It's clear from the beginning that Rowan's mother got together with Nic's father when Rowan was a teen and Nic an adult. So no weirdness except that he dismissed her (ignored her) because she was too young. She, however, idolized him and he kind of set the bar for her and no other man would do. As the book opens, he's finally seeing her as a woman (and available, wink wink).

You also asked: "I notice that your book was 'book of the month' for Mills & Boon which must have been exciting for you. Do you know how they judge the criteria for that?"

I don't know how they choose or why they picked my book, but I can tell you I was shocked, amazed, and honoured.

Honestly, after years of struggling and being overlooked, it was quite the validation I was desperate for. :)

Dani Collins (DaniCollins) | 49 comments Am starving for supper. Back in 30 min.

message 28: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 8123 comments Dani wrote: "You asked: "Can we assume there is a mix up in assumptions on Rowan's parentage?"

No spoiler :)..."

*phew* I really wanted to know that but wasn't sure how to phrase it in case it gave the whole plot away! Thanks :)

Dani Collins (DaniCollins) | 49 comments Hi Makenzie, er Dani? Spelled the same and everything? (Is there any other acceptable way to spell it?)

You asked: "What prompted you to jump into the Romance genre? And along those lines, What was your inspiration to begin a writing career? Did you have dreams of anything else as a child?"

I always enjoyed reading and stories with uplifting endings and I enjoyed writing even in Elementary School. Once I found romance in high school, I knew that's what I wanted to do. From there it was trial and error until I got the job. :)

And I appreciate this tip: "I joined GR to try to organize my reading list and to discover books."

I was part of an in-person book club ten years ago. That exposed me to books I wouldn't normally read, but I've become completely immersed in romance the last few years with competing piles of TBR and Read. I *want* to track both because I know it will motivate me to read more. And I love the idea of discovery so I look forward to recommendations here.

Dani Collins (DaniCollins) | 49 comments Hi Iris

Hi Dani and welcome!

You said: "...sometimes it's just impossible to pick what I should read next by myself." And it's always nice to be able to talk about a book when you've read something you loved, isn't it?

This is another reason I want to become a reader again, at least part time. There are times when I read and drop out of the story because I suddenly have to figure out how the author did something. Part of that is from discussing books with writers. Readers can be both more forgiving and less impressed by attempts to be clever. They just want a good story. I want to absorb that and hope it brings some deftness to my writing, rather than being so concerned with mechanics it just comes off as clunky. Does that make sense?

As for your question: "medieval fantasy to contemporary is a huge jump. Which do you prefer? How much say do you have on the book cover?"

Well, the medieval fantasy (The Healer) was not something I meant to write. One day Vaun, the hero, jumped off a cliff and into my imagination. From there I had to build a world around him and it became this sweeping epic that I didn't know what to do with.

I'm way more comfortable in contemporary, for the most part. I keep thinking I have to start another book either in this world or with the same tone and feel. So far my next hero is staying firmly tucked in the jungle.

But I'm glad you reminded me:

KINDLE FREEBIE ALERT! JANUARY 11, 2013

I teamed up with some fellow authors from Champagne, the publisher for The Healer. We put together a collection of short stories called Shared Whispers. These are not excerpts, but stand alone, original, short stories that offer a taste of our various styles and genres.

Download here, Jan 11th.:

Shared Whispers

Eventually it will be on all platforms, but not until April at the earliest.

I'll also be offering Hustled To The Altar free. Stay tuned.

Dani Collins (DaniCollins) | 49 comments Iris, I forgot to answer the book cover question, but I touched on it in a previous message.

I don't have much say, but I do fill out Art Sheets for the publisher with details about the Characters' looks and specific scenes that might be used.

For instance, No Longer Forbidden? has a scene where Nic pulls Rowan from the waves. In another, they are in a convertible. With Proof Of Their Sins I mentioned the white tie ball from the opening scenes.

Dani Collins (DaniCollins) | 49 comments Hi Sassafrass,

Well, those are some loaded questions: "Now that you've been published, what advice would you give yourself before you were published that you didn't get? Or if there isn't advice that you'd give that you didn't get, what advice do you wish you listened to but didn't?"

I can say that I made a LOT of mistakes, some despite great advice from fellow authors. I should have stuck with one market--Harlequin Presents, since that's the first publisher I ever tried. Then I went every other direction and finally came back to them.

I also sent a query letter once that wasn't suited to a particular house and she suggested I send it elsewhere and for some reason I didn't take that advice. Not sure why now, but I feel a fool for ignoring her suggestion.

However, editors are not *always* right. One of my earliest stories, back in the 80's, was rejected because the editor "didn't find it believable that a woman could support herself by running a health food store." (I'm sure there were other problems with the story, but, really??)

message 33: by Makenzie (last edited Jan 10, 2013 06:58PM) (new)

Makenzie (MakenzieFay) | 496 comments Dani wrote: "Hi Makenzie, er Dani? Spelled the same and everything? (Is there any other acceptable way to spell it?)

You asked: "What prompted you to jump into the Romance genre? And along those lines, What wa..."

Hahaha. 'Dani' is the only acceptable spelling, of course!

As a person who is OCD and loves making lists, this website has been my savior. It has definitely helped me to read more....now that I have set plans of what needs to be read and by when to fulfill challenges.

Thank you again for answering our questions. :) I look forward to checking out the short stories tomorrow!

Dani Collins (DaniCollins) | 49 comments Just got this tweet from fellow author Megan Crane:

“@megancrane: Meant to work diligently on AAs on plane, but instead was glued to pages of @DaniCollinsBooks' NO LONGER FORBIDDEN--stunning M&B debut!!”

Sorry, had to share. Am pretty stoked :)

Dani Collins (DaniCollins) | 49 comments Makenzie wrote: "As a person who is OCD and loves making lists..."

We share more than a name! :)

Dani Collins (DaniCollins) | 49 comments I kind of agree, Jane. He does look younger than the guy in my head. Plus (ahem) my Nic is blond.

BUT this has to appeal to younger readers, not just cougars like me. ;)

message 37: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 8123 comments IDK - what is the M&B Presents audience? I know there are a lot of youngies out there that read these books, but I've always thought there were a pile of cougars as well (me being in that band ;) In fact I thought a solid proportion were over 60...

Dani Collins (DaniCollins) | 49 comments Jane (PS) wrote: "IDK - what is the M&B Presents audience? I know there are a lot of youngies out there that read these books, but I've always thought there were a pile of cougars as well (me being in that band ;) ..."

That's a good question, Jane. I think you're probably right about the main audience.

I know they're trying to appeal to younger readers with under 30 heroes, snappy dialogue, etc., but they just splintered some of them off with the Kiss line.

I'll be going to RWA National this summer and hope to get a better understanding myself.

message 39: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 6269 comments Dani wrote: "Just got this tweet from fellow author Megan Crane:

“@megancrane: Meant to work diligently on AAs on plane, but instead was glued to pages of @DaniCollinsBooks' NO LONGER FORBIDDEN--stunning M&B d..."

Congrats Dani! What a wonderful tweet to receive!

Dani Collins (DaniCollins) | 49 comments Bedtime. Will check in first thing tomorrow (6am-ish).

How do you usually do the draws for giveaways? Daily?

Good night,
d

message 41: by Nikki (last edited Jan 11, 2013 06:00AM) (new)

Nikki (nikkit23) | 115 comments Thanks for chatting with us Dani! :)

Dani Collins (DaniCollins) | 49 comments Good morning,

Question for RRRC Group: What book did you use as your Antarctica book for the Continent Challenge?>

Also, please have a glance at the cover for The Healer, the medieval fantasy coming in March:

The Healer

message 43: by Dee, Moderator (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 6384 comments morning Dani!

I haven't hit Antarctica for this challenge - but in my other group doing an around the world kind of deal - I read In Cold Pursuit: A Mystery From The Last Continent which is a geological mystery

Dani Collins (DaniCollins) | 49 comments Dee wrote: "morning Dani!

I haven't hit Antarctica for this challenge - but in my other group doing an around the world kind of deal - I read In Cold Pursuit: A Mystery From The Last Continent which is a geo..."

Hmm, I'll look into it as it might make an interesting setting for a romance at some point ;o) But I was really hoping for a romance. Is there a girl? Or a bunch of men tramping around with penguins?

message 45: by Dee, Moderator (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 6384 comments the mc is a girl - a geologist - who is in Antarctica doing research for her dissertation - unfortunately, it is the only one she ever wrote in the series - but her other series is good - the author herself is a geologist

I haven't seen a romance popping up on GR - will have to see if I shelved it or not

Dani Collins (DaniCollins) | 49 comments Must run to work shortly, but will announce yesterday's winner later today :)

Makenzie (MakenzieFay) | 496 comments Dani wrote: "Just got this tweet from fellow author Megan Crane:

“@megancrane: Meant to work diligently on AAs on plane, but instead was glued to pages of @DaniCollinsBooks' NO LONGER FORBIDDEN--stunning M&B d..."

I agree with Fran. Awesome tweet!! When I get home from work I'll look around for some Antarctica novels. For now I'd suggest scrolling through the challenge pages and looking at what some of the others are using (if you haven't already).

It seems we have even more in common than just a name and OCD. I noticed last night that you are from my beautiful neighbor to the north, Canada. I spent the last two winters in northern Alberta and would be there now if I hadn't taken another job. I love Canada and was wondering..... are their any steamy Canadian hunks in your writing future? What are your favorite settings/countries in which to place your stories?

Sassafrass (sass-a-frass) | 872 comments Dani wrote: "Good morning,

Question for RRRC Group: What book did you use as your Antarctica book for the Continent Challenge?>

Also, please have a glance at the cover for The Healer, the medieval fantasy co..."

Dani, I didn't do that challenge, but I couldn't wrap my mind around a romance set in Antarctica. Too many sensitive bits to be frozen off. LOL

I think Alaska may be as cold as I can get. :)

Lolita hi...
when did you decided that you want to be an author?or did you always felt that you are meant to be one?!!

message 50: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 6269 comments Hi Dani,
Here are a few romances I could find set in Antarctica-

Midnight Sun by M.J. Fredrick, Melt by Natalie Anderson, Adventures of an Ice Princess by Liz Maverick

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Hustled To The Altar (other topics)
No Longer Forbidden? (other topics)
In Cold Pursuit: A Mystery From The Last Continent (other topics)
Midnight Sun (other topics)
Melt (other topics)
More...