Virago Modern Classics discussion

Rebecca West > February Discussion

Comments (showing 1-19 of 19) (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karen (last edited Jan 04, 2013 12:07PM) (new)

Karen | 75 comments Once again, a few of us are trying to revive this group. We are going to read Rebecca West's The Judge  A Novel starting February 1. Please join us.

Luann (LuAnnR) | 42 comments I'm in.

Janis (paintability) | 5 comments So am I...I have not yet read The Judge and will try to get a copy right away..

Janis (paintability) | 5 comments Found it on ITunes...first glance very satisfying...

Karen | 75 comments Is that an audio book?

Susan | 2 comments I read this a few years back and really loved it. I'm in!

Amanda Roper (Nerdy_book_girl) | 6 comments I'm having a baby in February, but I'll try to jump on this read. I had originally left the group due to inactivity (I joined way too many reading groups to begin with) but I'm so glad this group is back!

Janis (paintability) | 5 comments It is available on ITunes...

message 9: by Karen (last edited Jan 16, 2013 07:43PM) (new)

Karen | 75 comments Amanda wrote: "I'm having a baby in February, but I'll try to jump on this read. I had originally left the group due to inactivity (I joined way too many reading groups to begin with) but I'm so glad this group ..."

Best wishes on the baby and hope you'll have time to join, Amanda.

Cynthia Dunn | 6 comments I ordered it and I'm waiting for it. I'm glad the group is back and reading. This will be my first read so I hope I get it in time.

Susan | 2 comments Are we to have it read by Feb. 1 or will we begin reading it together then?

Luann (LuAnnR) | 42 comments I don't know what Karen was thinking - but I was planning on having it read by then because I don't like spoilers when I'm reading something. But someone else jump in if your thinking is different.

message 13: by Karen (last edited Jan 21, 2013 01:31PM) (new)

Karen | 75 comments I'm behind on everything as usual so probably won't have it read by the first. But I can stay away if people want to go ahead and start. I started off the reading year so fast but now I've been stuck on The Moviegoer forever.

Cynthia Dunn | 6 comments Karen said that we are going to read it starting Feb 1st so I assumed that's when we would start reading the book, not discussing it.

Luann (LuAnnR) | 42 comments How about everyone agrees that we'll open for discussion on February 11. That gives us all another two weeks plus to get into it. Does that work for everyone?

Karen | 75 comments That's fine by me, LuAnn.

Lauren | 42 comments I am about halfway through but would be glad to start the discussion off with a little biographical info about Ms West and some of the issues that come up in the novel.

Does that work for everyone?

Luann (LuAnnR) | 42 comments Works for me -- I'm about halfway through as well -- though hoping to dig in deep tonight.

Karen | 75 comments I am also about halfway through so go ahead, Lauren. Had some interruptions over the weekend.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Judge: A Novel (other topics)