The Lost Entwife Read-Alongs discussion

The Night Circus
This topic is about The Night Circus
The Night Circus > Week 4: January 26 - 31

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lydia Presley | 119 comments Mod
Discussion about 297 - End (Part IV & V)

So what was everyone's final thoughts??

Eydie Ann | 9 comments I liked the book, but than again I was ok with all the build up in the book which was tiresome for others.

Megan (megoizzy) | 40 comments yeah, it didn't really do it for me. i didn't understand the end. what happened to them? did they just live on forever in the circus? forever? what about bailey? did he live on forever? i thought it was kind of anti-climatic, but maybe that's just because i didn't understand the plot. lol.

Megan wrote: "yeah, it didn't really do it for me. i didn't understand the end. what happened to them? did they just live on forever in the circus? forever? what about bailey? did he live on forever? i thought i..."

I have been so far behind, but man.. I really had to push myself to finish this one. I mean, on one hand I loved the dreaminess of the story - it was very different and made me feel as if I was snuggling under a warm blanket when I read the book, but that may have been the problem as well... because I'd always end up sleepy!

I think Marco and Celia went the way of Celia's mentor? but that doesn't make sense to me because he was not a nice guy. I also didn't like the binding that happened on Bailey. I think the plot was kind of wishy-washy and the strength of the book lay, instead, in the imagination of the writer. So many fantastic ideas for tents!

Dawn (dawn11476) | 1 comments So...I haven't been writing much because I read this book a while ago. Actually, I listened to it...and the reason I finished it off was because Jim Dale was reading it and he's a delightful narrator.

I wasn't very drawn in by the plot either, but I loved the feeling of place. I wanted to explore the night circus. But, I never got particularly drawn in by the characters, and I kind of thought the ending was lazy.

unread topics | mark unread