Ready Player One Ready Player One discussion

the oasis exists!

Comments (showing 1-11 of 11) (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ian (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ian Varley Not sure if everyone saw, but it looks like they've now put up a real-life version of the OASIS, as a MUD (Multi-User Dungeon, aka text-only):

http://www.enter-the-oasis.com/

message 2: by Sc (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sc Maaaan, what do u expect we do with this link?

message 3: by Ian (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ian Varley Fire up a command line and telnet to that IP address! What, you've never been in a MUD before? ;)

message 4: by eny (new) - rated it 5 stars

eny I'm sort of new to this whole MUD thing. Perhaps someone can make a tutorial video on youtube explaining how to do it?

Alice eny wrote: "I'm sort of new to this whole MUD thing. Perhaps someone can make a tutorial video on youtube explaining how to do it?"
Yes that would be lovely. Us newbies would like to play too!

Paul Palmer Download a MUD client, I recommend MUSHclient. From there, under the 'connection' tab, select 'connect'. Enter the IP address located on the Oasis website linked to above, as well as the port. That should be really all you need to get started. They seem to be adding bits and pieces all the time (Archaide has completely changed now from what it was when Oasis launched last month) but there doesn't seem to be much to do yet besides wander around...

Alice Yeah, I tried and I don't understand much. I am a luddite to an extent. I was expecting something a bit more high-tech-virtual realityish, but I'll still keep checking in from time to time. Who knows what they'll add, and what it could eventually evolve into?

message 8: by Joe (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joe Hempel I think it's awesome that if you click on the Gregarious logo at the top it takes you to a page that has the OSS logo done in the old TSR logo way.

James Kendall dam it's been months since I logged in and I forgot my password I logged in the day it when up and now cant access my av then again I was planing on making new one anyway.

StegaDactyl Socks Oh yeah, I love this game! I made a Let's Play series with it on my youtube channel! Do they plan on updating it anytime soon? I don't know where to find info on it..

StegaDactyl Socks Hey, why is the Oasis down? I cant connect to the server!

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Ready Player One (other topics)