Divergent (Divergent, #1) Divergent discussion

Cast of Tobias/Four down to four people

Comments (showing 1-50 of 88) (88 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jennifer (last edited Dec 30, 2012 09:58PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jennifer I found this article http://www.examiner.com/article/diver... and it states that the have narrowed it down to four people but Alexander might be also one of them. The others are Luke Bracey, Brenton Thwaites, Lucas Till and Jack Reynor. Personally I really don't think Alexander Ludwig could play Tobias because he is now typecasted as Cato. And I just don't picture him, though I don't feel anyone of them fit the role. Anyways any opinions?

message 2: by Sophie (last edited Jan 03, 2013 02:08AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sophie I reckon out of those four, Luke Bracey looks the closest to what I imagined... but Lucas Till could work :)

Jenny J omg really? Im going to go on that website so i can look at them... will see who fits best.

message 4: by Vee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vee Gretzinger i honestly don't think any of them quite fit my description but if i had to choose, it would deff be Brenton Thwaites! hes the hottest of all the 4.

Sierra Here's what I think...
Luke Bracey-I HOPE NOT. He's too old.
Brenton Thwaites-Eh, I could live with it. I just can't really see him as Tobias though.
Lucas Till-If he dies his hair I could see it. This might sound kinda wierd but I think his jaw structure and smile work for Tobias.
Jack Reynor-He'd be ok too.

Jenny J Sierra wrote: "Here's what I think...
Brenton Thwaites-Eh, I could live with it. I just can't really see him as Tobias though.
Lucas Till-If he dies his hair I could see it. ..."

Yeah, I agree

Abby I like Brenton Thwaites' boyish handsomeness, looks just like how I pictured Four...kinda like the boy who grew up too fast, if you know what I mean. Can't wait to see the cast :)

Sabriena I think that Luke Bracey is the one who best fits my mental image of him. The other guys kind of look too soft to be Tobias.

Natalie Brenton Thwaites is the best. the others just dont fit his personality though no actor could truly capture the incredibleness of Tobias

message 10: by Vee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vee Gretzinger Arriana wrote: "Brenton Thwaites is the best. the others just dont fit his personality though no actor could truly capture the incredibleness of Tobias"

^^^^^ enough said. i agree

message 11: by Erin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erin I do not approve of any of them. I guess if it had to be one of them, I would prefer Brenton Thwaites, but still, even he looks too soft to be Tobias.

message 12: by sid (new) - rated it 5 stars

sid Omg nooooo I don't like them at all :(

message 13: by sid (new) - rated it 5 stars

sid if they HAD to choose between these bad choices
then they should go with brenton

Josiane Claremont Sidrah wrote: "if they HAD to choose between these bad choices
then they should go with brenton"

Agreed. Looking at all the choices, I retract my opinion that Alexander Ludwig is not a good actor. Instead, I say, MAKE A CHOICE BETWEEN BRENTON THWAITES AND ALEXANDER LUDWIG. All the actors look wrong to me...

Caraline uh oh.... im not liking any of these....

message 16: by Keith (last edited Jan 04, 2013 04:39PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Keith Mausisa Jenny wrote: "Sierra wrote: "Here's what I think...
Lucas Till-If he dies his hair I..."

Totally Agree with this!!! If in case it would be LUKE BRACEY im gonna think the whole movie would be a real mess, but I totally would go for Brenton thwaites since he's the hottest for me too and goes with wht I imagined Four should be

Elise i'm not really sure that any of them look like the Four i imagined, but i'm sure they are really good at acting. after all, that's what matters right?
although, Luke Bracey looks like the best Four to me...maybe if the blonder candidates dye their hair darker...

Salmin I just hope whoever they choose portrays his character with excellency.

Keith Mausisa no hard feelings but why does a lot of people think that Luke Bracey is the best Four.... I just cant realize it.. I mean there's no chemistry with him and Woodley (the one who'll be playing Tris in the movie) :/

message 20: by N (new) - rated it 5 stars

N Thomas Sierra wrote: "Here's what I think...
Lucas Till-If he dies his hair I could see it. ..."

I agree. I think it's between Brenton Thwaites and Lucas Till...like 50% Brenton, 49% Lucas, and 1% others...

Sabriena Keith wrote: "no hard feelings but why does a lot of people think that Luke Bracey is the best Four.... I just cant realize it.. I mean there's no chemistry with him and Woodley (the one who'll be playing Tris i..."

A lot of people as per what? If it's just this thread it looks like there's only 2 people out of everyone who think that Luke Bracey reminds them more of Tobias than the others (myself included).

Honestly, for me, they all don't remind me of him as they look a bit too feminine for my tastes and you have to remember that everyone that has read the books has him picture their own way.

Sophie Keith wrote: "no hard feelings but why does a lot of people think that Luke Bracey is the best Four.... I just cant realize it.. I mean there's no chemistry with him and Woodley (the one who'll be playing Tris i..."

It's just... all the other candidates look too... playboyish. Do you understand what I mean? In the book, Four's an all tough and no-nonsense kinda guy, and the other actors just look a bit too hot and sweet and boyish. Sorry :)

message 23: by sid (new) - rated it 5 stars

sid well they all dont fit Fours progile because like it was said here above me; a little too feminine . They are not that raw badass kind of guys :S

Keith Mausisa Sabriena wrote: "Keith wrote: "no hard feelings but why does a lot of people think that Luke Bracey is the best Four.... I just cant realize it.. I mean there's no chemistry with him and Woodley (the one who'll be ..."

I just wish they haven't narrowed it to 4 actors yet, the casting director should've known that it is one of the most important characters, better not mess with tht.

Sierra As soon as I found out there was a movie being made, I knew that no actor was going to match up to the Four I imagined, but if I had to pick between those four it would be any of them except for Luke Bracey-In my opinion, he's just TOO OLD to be Four.

message 26: by Sabriena (last edited Jan 05, 2013 04:03PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sabriena Keith wrote: "Sabriena wrote: "Keith wrote: "no hard feelings but why does a lot of people think that Luke Bracey is the best Four.... I just cant realize it.. I mean there's no chemistry with him and Woodley (t..."

I agree with you...they should've gone for a more diverse looking group and then narrowed it down that way. The four that are shown all look real similar. Whoever is picked better be a damn good actor to pull off Tobias though.

Rachel Brenton Thwaites is the best Four in my opinion. He is almost exactly what I imagined him as Four. Though I also think Drew Roy is good for playing the role of Four too bad he is not one of the Four guys up to play the part. Also no offense but Lucas Till... No, when I look at him I just think Hannah Montana movie... So I really hope Lucas Till is not playing Four

The Half-Blood Brenton, Jack, and Alexander could all work. If Lucas or Luke get cast, I don't think I'd be able to sit through a whole movie sitting there and thinking of them as Four.

Rachel I agree ^

Jamika Monroe I actually think Lucas would be a perfect Caleb lol.

message 31: by Sophie (last edited Jan 05, 2013 05:22PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sophie Rachel wrote: "Also no offense to Lucas Till...No, when I look at him I just think of Hannah Montana movie..."

Ha! LOL same

message 32: by Liv (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liv Brenton Thwaites all the way! I love him! Especially in Blue Lagoon: The Awakening....he is perfect for Tobias

message 33: by Ifrah (last edited Jan 05, 2013 06:52PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ifrah Alia luke bracey. He looks just right in the Transformers picture. (though he looks older with the longer hair...)
I really hope Alexander Ludwig isn't in the running because that would be the worst casting choice ever!

message 34: by Vee (last edited Jan 05, 2013 07:19PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vee Gretzinger LivedOneThousandLives wrote: "Brenton Thwaites all the way! I love him! Especially in Blue Lagoon: The Awakening....he is perfect for Tobias"

he was also good in the tv show SLIDE...idk if yyou ever watched, it, but it was good....he was good!

Ifrah Alia Vee wrote: "LivedOneThousandLives wrote: "Brenton Thwaites all the way! I love him! Especially in Blue Lagoon: The Awakening....he is perfect for Tobias"

he was also good in the tv show SLIDE...idk if yyou ev..."

Ok, fine fine. I can also be okay with Brenton Thwaites

Amanda (BookMuffins) I think Lucas would make a good Will.
And I think out of all four of them, Brenton Thwaites and Lucas Till (if he dyes his hair) would make the best Fours.

Anita Brenton Thwaites with dark hair.. unff anyway he's closest to what i imagined four, i just want the damn movie to come out! soooo exciteed!!

message 38: by Suze (new) - rated it 5 stars

Suze I could learn to deal with any of them as as Four to be honest, it's all about the acting, at the moment no-one screams 'I AM FOUR!' to me, just hoping whoever they pick can really act the part. Fingers crossed they don't ruin another good book series.

sydney atm i think none of them are good choices but with a little movie magic and as long as they are good acting im sure they will be great! i really hope xander doesnt get it because cato as tobias just wont seem right.

Abrett Brenton Thwaites in my opinion, would make the perfect Four/Tobias. But Lucas Till could work.

Abrett Scrooge wrote: "I think Lucas would make a good Will.
And I think out of all four of them, Brenton Thwaites and Lucas Till (if he dyes his hair) would make the best Fours."

I agree Lucas Till would make a really good Will, Brendon Thwaites is almost exactly how I imagined Four/Tobias.

Astbookworm I personaly don't like any of them as Tobias. I just don't see him in anu os these actors.

message 43: by Vee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vee Gretzinger Ifrah wrote: "Vee wrote: "LivedOneThousandLives wrote: "Brenton Thwaites all the way! I love him! Especially in Blue Lagoon: The Awakening....he is perfect for Tobias"

he was also good in the tv show SLIDE...id..."

yay! he wasn't quite my tobias....but out of that 4, i deff like him the best

Jessica Chambers Um I think that Brendon Thwaites could be a good option and Lucas Till as well if he dyes his hair

Jessica Chambers But if he was younger I think that the best Tobias would be Matt Lanter

message 46: by Jennifer (last edited Jan 08, 2013 02:10PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jennifer I agree with most of you. If I had to choose one of the actors I would choose Brenton but he still wouldn't be what I would think Four would look like

Josiane Claremont Jennifer wrote: "I agree with most of you. If I had to choose one of the actors I would choose Brenton but he still wouldn't be what I would think Four would look like"

Yeah, I still wish that Alexander Ludwig was in the run, or Alex Pettyfer had accepted the role...Go Brenton!

Megan Luke Bracey (with short hair) looks like a good fit for Tobias to me :o

Maximum Lorenz Brenton Thwaites because he seems like the youngest and darkest haired one

Gabby I actually like Jack Reynor. Lucas Till to me just wasn't...Tobias, or "Four". But for whoever is cast, I'll probably still love them.
I mean for God's sake, they'll be Four. And I very much so love Four!<4

« previous 1

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Divergent (other topics)