Harrisburg has a Few Good Readers discussion

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
Book Discussion Club at the State Library on January 17

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dave (last edited Dec 26, 2012 03:19PM) (new)

Dave | 1 comments Book Discussion Club at the State Library on January 17
December 19, 2012

The next meeting of the Book Discussion Club of the State Library will be on Thursday, January 17 at 12:00 noon - 1:00 pm in Room 313 Forum Building, Harrisburg. Spend your lunch break talking about “The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time” by Mark Haddon.

Bring your own lunch and discuss this very unusual book. No reservations are necessary.

If you have questions, please call or email Kathy Hale 717.787.2327 kahale@pa.gov

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
Mark Haddon

message 2: by Christine (new)

Christine Goldbeck | 2 comments I enjoyed this book and facilitated discussion when it was OBOC a few years ago. I shall try to make the discussion. The state library is among my favorite p,aces in the world.

Kathy Hale (kahale) | 7 comments The next book discussion is on July 18 in Room 313 of the Forum Building. The book we are discussing isStill Life With Murder. The discussion starts at 12 noon to 1. Questions can be directed to Kathy Hale 717-787-2327.

Kathy Hale (kahale) | 7 comments The State Library's next meeting will be in October. the book selection will be the one announced in August for the One Book- One Community. Look for postings and the title then.

Kathy Hale (kahale) | 7 comments The One Book One Community is asking people to choose the 2014. Contact me if you are interested in the choices. The information is not up on the website yet.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, I enjoyed reading "The Curious Incident".. as well, and will try to be at the Book discussion Thank you

message 7: by Kathy (last edited Aug 23, 2013 10:50AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Kathy Hale (kahale) | 7 comments The new book has been announced for the One Book One Community for Centeral Pennsylvania. There will be events all over Central PA from York to Lebanon to Lancaster to Daughin and Perry counties.

The State Library's book discussion will be on October 17 at 12noon to 1pm in Room 313 of the Forum Building.

The book is The Cellist of Sarajevo The Cellist of Sarajevo by Steven Galloway.
Information about the book and author is at oboc.org

Kathy Hale (kahale) | 7 comments The next meeting of the Book Discussion Club at the State Library will be February 13 at Room 313, Forum Building 607 South drive, Harrisburg. We are discussing: The Worst Hard Time The Untold Story of Those Who Survived the Great American Dust Bowl by Timothy Egan. No RSVP necessary. All are welcome!

Kathy Hale (kahale) | 7 comments The next Book Discussion will take place in May. look for further announcements

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time (other topics)
Still Life With Murder (other topics)
The Cellist of Sarajevo (other topics)
The Worst Hard Time: The Untold Story of Those Who Survived the Great American Dust Bowl (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Mark Haddon (other topics)