Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5) Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix discussion

Professor Umbridge

Comments (showing 1-21 of 21) (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

What happened to professor Umbridge when she was taken by the centaurs? I know eventually Dumbledore saves her but there when she was captured there was a traumatic incident. What do you think happened to Umbridge when she was with the Centaurs?

Farheen Maybe she kept on threatening them with her position in the ministry....and about the centaurs .....you can only guess....

Brooke Whatever it was, she deserved it.

Farheen Yes she did......little toad

Carina I think they would have threatened her... if it was a darker series (but then again DH isn't really 'light') they may have tortured her as well. You know they did something as she was scared of the sound of hooves. But it wasn't something so traumatic that she was unable to recover as you see her again in the series.

DiNoSaUrS She was the worst character EVER in the harry potter series.I think that the centaurs hurt badly cause she was sent to the nurses office.If only she died!

DiNoSaUrS Farheen I know right! I hated that paper they would write on that made their blood drop :/

Farheen Princessofswagg wrote: "Farheen I know right! I hated that paper they would write on that made their blood drop :/"

Hmm....but it wasn't the paper that made their blood drop...it was the quill that used their blood instead of ink....

23skadoo40 Princessofswagg wrote: "She was the worst character EVER in the harry potter series.I think that the centaurs hurt badly cause she was sent to the nurses office.If only she died!"

Yes indeed! Her time with the centaurs was far too short.

Mysterious Maya i hated her

DiNoSaUrS Farheen wrote:Hmm....but it wasn't the paper that made their blood drop...it was the quill that used their blood instead of ink....

Whatever it was it was terrible.

Sophie Whatever happened to her, she damn well deserved it. Since I am a civilised person and this is a civilised site I will not voice the many insults I can think of aimed in her direction. Lol :)

Rhiyaah LOL . maybe something terrifying . remember when Ron(or it Ron ? ) made the horse sound , and Umbridge sat right up looking nervous ? hahahaha . it was so funny !

Kirstyn It is heavily suggested that she was raped. If you look at the myths around centaurs and the scene in the book ,that seems to be what happened. No one knows for sure though.

Megan She was so...ODD

Brooke Kirstyn wrote: "It is heavily suggested that she was raped. If you look at the myths around centaurs and the scene in the book ,that seems to be what happened. No one knows for sure though."
WTF? She's a human. Centaurs are centaurs.

The Dauntless Shadowhunter of District 9 and 3/4 Megan wrote: "She was so...ODD"

IKR!

message 18: by Star (last edited Apr 19, 2013 04:31AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Star Fouse Kirstyn wrote: "It is heavily suggested that she was raped. If you look at the myths around centaurs and the scene in the book ,that seems to be what happened. No one knows for sure though."

I dont know about anyone raping Umbridge. Seems to me that anyone would have an extremely difficult time even getting it up in her presense, much less commit a rape on that toad... maybe that was part of her problem? lol

omg.. i needed to edit and clarify as that post sounded bad. I meant part of her problem is that she was so horrible that noone wanted to touch her. Not that she wasnt raped.

Prayush Khadka Umbridge was raped. Centaurs mythically are decipted as having mind of a human and desire of an animal. And there is a good chance that Hermoine knew about this.

Charlotte I think J.K. Rowling definitely portrayed her characters well, so whatever did happen to her would have been reflective of her personality. I'm sure she would ahve made sure Umbridge met the end she truly deserved!However a semotive readers it is a shame she didn't kill her off but as someone mentioned in another discussion, death was too kind in her eyes, so torture was her way with things! :-)

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (other topics)