Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #2)
This topic is about The Evolution of Mara Dyer
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin → Start date: January 6, 2013

Comments (showing 1-50 of 79) (79 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Gisbelle and I will be reading this on the 27th! Join in if you would like to read this book with us!

message 2: by Gisbelle, Merry Holidays (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisbelle | 24287 comments Hooray!!!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

So there are 68 chapters, and 527 pages. How many chapters a day would you like to read?

message 4: by Gisbelle, Merry Holidays (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisbelle | 24287 comments Tori wrote: "So there are 68 chapters, and 527 pages. How many chapters a day would you like to read?"

15 a day. Let's take it slow

And Tayla, Advance Happy Birthday :)

Angela (: | 17787 comments Tayla wrote: "That's my birthday :))"

Happy Early Birthday~ :)

message 6: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 23, 2012 05:28PM) (new)

Okay perfect! Although depending on how good this book is, I may read more. But we'll see.

Angela (: | 17787 comments Gisbelle wrote: "Tori wrote: "So there are 68 chapters, and 527 pages. How many chapters a day would you like to read?"

15 a day. Let's take it slow"

I can almost guarantee you that you guys won't actually read 15 chapters a day.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Angela (: wrote: "Gisbelle wrote: "Tori wrote: "So there are 68 chapters, and 527 pages. How many chapters a day would you like to read?"

I can almost guarantee you that you guys won'..."

Haha probably not... :) I will most likely end up reading this whole book in one day.

message 9: by Gisbelle, Merry Holidays (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisbelle | 24287 comments haha maybe :) We'll see.

Angela (: | 17787 comments Tori wrote: "Angela (: wrote: "Gisbelle wrote: "Tori wrote: "So there are 68 chapters, and 527 pages. How many chapters a day would you like to read?"

I can almost guarantee you ..."

That's more like it. ;D

message 11: by Gisbelle, Merry Holidays (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisbelle | 24287 comments lol... no, it's not that long.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha it isn't as long as it seems. And with this series, the chapters just fly by.

Angela (: | 17787 comments Tayla wrote: "15 a day omg you crazy"

15 chapters is nothing ._.

message 14: by Gisbelle, Merry Holidays (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisbelle | 24287 comments I love that each chapter is not too long. In a book I just finished earlier today, each chapter was 30+ pages.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay 30 pages is too long of a chapter. I say like 15 is a decent amount... I think. Lol

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver has a chapter that is 80 pages long.

Angela (: | 17787 comments Tori wrote: "Okay 30 pages is too long of a chapter. I say like 15 is a decent amount... I think. Lol

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver has a chapter that is 80 pages long."

Long chapters aren't that bad. It wasn't actually 80 pages. If you read it, you'd see that it was split up into chapters.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

But Chapter One was a very long chapter from what I recall. And long chapters aren't that bad but sometimes I feel as though they slow the pace down in a book.

Angela (: | 17787 comments Tori wrote: "But Chapter One was a very long chapter from what I recall. And long chapters aren't that bad but sometimes I feel as though they slow the pace down in a book."

No, it wasn't actually very long. If I remember correctly, the first part was about 82, but separated into sections.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh okay that makes more sense. Haha

Trisha | 19869 comments I wish wish wish I could join you guys. I am still #5 in the hold que at my library. if I somehow get the book, i'll try to join in!!!

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Aw Trisha I really hope you can get the book in time :) *crossing my fingers*

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Gisbelle, I don't think I will be able to start this book until tomorrow :( I lent it away to a friend hoping I would get it back today but she isn't finished yet.. :( I really hope I will get it back tonight but if not, I will start it tomorrow!

message 23: by Gisbelle, Merry Holidays (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisbelle | 24287 comments No worry Tori :) I need to finish my current read also. So we can start tomorrow together :)

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay thanks Gisbelle! :)

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay I am starting this book soon. Let me know when you start it! :)

message 26: by Gisbelle, Merry Holidays (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisbelle | 24287 comments I am reading What Happens Next now Tori. So sorry. It might take awhile hun. Maybe I will start on Saturday evening :)

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay no problem and actually I am reading another book right now anyways, so I will probably start around Saturday evening as well! :)

message 28: by Gisbelle, Merry Holidays (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisbelle | 24287 comments Excellent :) I'll let you know when I start.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

I am really sorry Gisbelle, but I don't think I will be able to read this one.
I have just started writing a story, and I have put reading on the back-burner for now.

If you maybe wanted to post-pone this until later that would be great, but if you wanted to read this book soon, then I completely understand.

Sorry Gisbelle, hopefully you understand. :)

message 30: by Gisbelle, Merry Holidays (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisbelle | 24287 comments I totally understand. We can extend the date. Tell me whenever you are ready :) I can read something else first.
So I am going to remove the date and move it to to-do folder :)

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay thanks! I have quite a few buddy reads coming up in the next week, but maybe if you would like to read it on the 6th?

message 32: by Gisbelle, Merry Holidays (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisbelle | 24287 comments Sure. Sounds great. I'm reading Opal on the 5. But I normally finish Lux series in one sitting. So it's ok :)

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay perfect :)

Trisha | 19869 comments Okay, if you guys aren't starting yet, I'm going to HUGE cross my fingers and hope hope hope that my book shows up and try to join you guys!!

I want to read this so bad :D

message 35: by Gisbelle, Merry Holidays (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisbelle | 24287 comments I cross my fingers for you too Trisha :)

Trisha | 19869 comments argh...I won't have it until late Monday, but I'll do my best to catch up with you guys!! I REALLY want to read and discuss with you!!! I LOVED the first book :)

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

I really hope you can join in Trisha!! I am not planning on finishing the whole book in one day, so I am almost certain that you will be able to catch up!! :)

message 38: by Gisbelle, Merry Holidays (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisbelle | 24287 comments I am sure I cannot finish it in one day lol... I have 3 other books to read XD

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay I am going to start this book right now!! How many chapters are we planning on reading?

message 40: by Gisbelle, Merry Holidays (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisbelle | 24287 comments Oops sorry for not replying sooner. I might need to go slow with this one. So I am going to read between 5 to 10 chapters.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

No worries. And I am in the middle of chapter nine right now, and I am stopping there for today, but I will hopefully read more tomorrow!! :)

Trisha | 19869 comments lol I promise I'll catch up tomorrow! I'll be on probably around this time tomorrow all caught up with you guys! I can't wait!!

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

I actually haven't had much time to read today, but I will read maybe like 10 chapters tonight, which will leave me at 20 chapters that I have read.
(Hope that made sense!)

Sorry, but I just haven't had much time to read lately!

Trisha | 19869 comments oh my GOSH! i have it!!! I got the book in time!! WOOHOO!!!!

:) Okay...20 chapters...no problemo! I will read that tonight! ugh...I can hardly wait!!!

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay Trisha!! So glad you got a copy!!! :)

message 46: by Gisbelle, Merry Holidays (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisbelle | 24287 comments Busy day at work. Now I am in chapter 2 lol... You guys are much further in the book. I think it is very nice of Mara to confess, but I know something bad is going to happen since it is still the beginning of the book Duh! :)

Trisha | 19869 comments awww, I love that these books are so easy to slide back into.

Okay, I'm 20 chapters in....and we've had some major revelations!!!

Does anyone wanna bat around the ideas Daniel gave (during the story writing exercise? I LOVED his one idea!!)? Or other theories?? And let's talk about these dreams!!! LOL!

message 48: by Trisha (last edited Jan 08, 2013 10:00AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 19869 comments now I'm 30 chapters in! :D ahhh!!! IT'S SO GOOD!!!

*puts book down* but I won't read anymore...until tomorrow :D

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay I apologize, I am only about 20 chapters in, I am not sure if I will have much time to read tonight, but I will try my best. I am really sorry, but I am just extremely busy.

If you guys do get ahead of me and finish this book before I do, then we can just discuss after all of us are finished.

Trisha | 19869 comments no worries, it sounds like everyone is getting a little buried at the moment.

we'll all just go at our own possible reading time.

check back in when you're done or hit a part to discuss!!

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread