2017 Reading Challenge discussion

Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore (Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore, #1)
This topic is about Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore
ARCHIVE 2013 Group Reads > JANUARY 2013: Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore: General Discussion *Spoiler Free*

Comments (showing 1-40 of 40) (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kara, Moderator (last edited Jan 02, 2013 10:26AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kara (KaraAyako) | 3630 comments Our first group, by popular vote, will be Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan . Get your copies now!

Discussion threads (may contain spoilers):
Part I: The Bookstore
Part II: The Library
Part III: The Tower
End of Book Discussion

And when you're finished, post your review here: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

Karina (karinargh) | 772 comments Ah, I've been intrigued by the title for a while - read the info now, and it looks fun. Impulse-bought the kindle edition, will join the reading in January.

Cherise (mousycherise) I can't wait! I just bought it. Finally have enough money to take part in a group read!

Julie | 48 comments I am excited to read this. This is a book i probably would not of picked on my own but after reading reviews of the book seems to be if you are a book lover you will love this book! I am new to this group so not real sure how this works i plan to start this book once i finish "Edge of Apocalypse" by tim lahaye.

Agnes Muscoreil (Witchy1) | 17 comments I finally have the book and am ready to go!This one has been on my to read list for a while.

Julie | 48 comments From my previous comment when i said i probably would not have picked this book i meant that i had never seen this book before. That is why i am so excited about this group it leads you to books you may not have heard of otherwise.

message 7: by Julie (new)

Julie Najdovski | 4 comments I just got this book before Christmas. I stumbled across it looking up recommended books online one day. So I will join the group read for January.

Debra | 60 comments I don't have this book yet...but hopefully I can buy it tomorrow. I will join the group read for January.

message 9: by Robyn (new)

Robyn | 37 comments my miniature library has a long waiting list for this one. if i cant find it used tomorrow i will pick it up for my ereader so i can join the group

Chelsea (Cnicole322) | 87 comments Count me in for this one!

Julie | 48 comments I started reading this book last night and so far i am really enjoying it.

message 12: by Kara, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kara (KaraAyako) | 3630 comments Started this morning and totally in love so far!

Alexandra (nolifequeen) | 167 comments Hopefully picking this up at the library on Friday. If not, I'll grab it from Barnes and Noble. ^.^

Kathryn | 44 comments Looks like this will be my next book to read - looking forward to it!

Georgina I think I will be giving this one a pass, it isn't very easy to get hold of here it seems (not without paying quite a bit anyway :( ) Once you have all said wether it is any good or not though I might hunt it down!

Julie | 48 comments I am on page 75 and plan to finish this book today. This is a fun book that will make you laugh out loud while reading!

Kelsi | 747 comments Starting it today on my lunch break. It seems like a fun, quirky read.

Cherise (mousycherise) Starting it now! From what I'm hearing, I'm a bit excited to see what it's all about.

Maria (ReeReads) | 144 comments Awesome! I just got a call from my library saying this book was in for me- perfect timing!

Agnes Muscoreil (Witchy1) | 17 comments I want to work in that bookstore ~ and the characters are very well defined. Love everything about it so far ~ looking forward to continuing!

Kathryn | 44 comments I'm about a quarter of the way through the book now and have to say this is a really engaging, quirky wee book and the reading flows very nicely. For the first time ever I have had to look up what two words mean and I've always wanted to do that!

Megan (LahaiRoi) | 3496 comments I just finished and really enjoyed the book. I highly recommend!

Morgan | 137 comments This book is fantastic! I'm a little over a quarter of the way through and I can't wait to finish. I also love the writing, it's unlike anything I've read lately. Highly recommend this so far :)

Kelsi | 747 comments I'm about a quarter of the way through and can't believe how much I am loving it! So glad this was chosen, because I don't think I would have ever picked it up.

Sharon (sharint) | 659 comments I checked this out from the library in December but couldn't seem to find the time to read it ... other books got in the way. I had to turn it back in because there was a hold on it. I am back in line to get it as soon as it comes back in.

Alexandra (nolifequeen) | 167 comments I also have it on hold now. It's checked out right at the moment but it's supposed to come back on the 9th. So hopefully I'll get to start it next week. =]

message 27: by Alicia (new) - added it

Alicia | 10 comments My library doesn't have it so I'm reading a free sample on ibooks to see if it grabs me enough to buy it. Though to be honest with it being a book about a mysterious bookshop, the chances are I'll be joining in. :-)

message 28: by Nathan (new)

Nathan (nathlawle) You guys have convinced me! Grr for long library wait times. I want to read this so bad!!

message 29: by Ana (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ana | 132 comments just started it

Alexandra (nolifequeen) | 167 comments Finally got the book! Started it at school yesterday in the car (I have three hours between classes on Tuesdays x.x) and I'm already 30 pages in. Really enjoying it so far! I like the way it's written.

Sharon (sharint) | 659 comments Alexandra wrote: "Finally got the book! Started it at school yesterday in the car (I have three hours between classes on Tuesdays x.x) and I'm already 30 pages in. Really enjoying it so far! I like the way it's writ..."

If you sat in your car here(Utah) for 3 hours reading you would freeze to death! :)

Alexandra (nolifequeen) | 167 comments Sharon wrote: "Alexandra wrote: "Finally got the book! Started it at school yesterday in the car (I have three hours between classes on Tuesdays x.x) and I'm already 30 pages in. Really enjoying it so far! I like..."

Lol I'm in Florida so I sweat to death! Even this time of year. =[

Laney | 4 comments Hi all! I've just joined this group, so I'm a little behind. But I'm going to read this book too! It's not one I would've picked on my own, so I'm excited to start. From the description, it sounds like it'll be fabulous!

Melissa (missie322) | 210 comments I have this book on hold at my library, so I'm just waiting to get it to start it .. I'm quite excited !

message 35: by Kara, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kara (KaraAyako) | 3630 comments I loved this one, and it's great to see more people joining in. It's not too late. :)

Jessica | 177 comments Just started this book a couple of hours ago, and I'm hooked. Definitely not something I would have picked up on my own, but I'm glad it is a January group read. Awesome choice.

Melissa (missie322) | 210 comments Still waiting for my copy from the library .. it's taking forever!

Julie | 48 comments It is worth the wait! I really enjoyed it.

message 39: by Robyn (new)

Robyn | 37 comments im on the wait list as well lol, this may become a february read at this point. only one more ahead of me though so my fingers are crossed!

Sharon (sharint) | 659 comments Sharon wrote: "I checked this out from the library in December but couldn't seem to find the time to read it ... other books got in the way. I had to turn it back in because there was a hold on it. I am back in..."

Finally starting this book. So far it's interesting. Now I just need to find time to sit and read it. I like that the book cover follows the theme of 24-hours by glowing in the dark!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Robin Sloan (other topics)