The Sword and Laser discussion

TV, Movies and Games > Humble Indie Bundle 7

Comments (showing 1-12 of 12) (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

message 2: by Rob, S&L Forum Mod (new)

Rob (robzak) | 2780 comments Mod
I haven't even played the games from the last bundle, but I've Grimrock is good and I kind of wanted to watch the Indie Game movie.

I don't have time for more games though. Not without cutting back on reading time. I may do it just to donate more to Child's Play.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah im a bit the same really, wouldn't mind a few of the games but I am playing so many at the moment, the movie is interesting as well but it is on Netflix and I think you have that. Also steam sale should start soon and im waiting to see if the Walking Dead Episodes are any cheaper.

message 4: by Rob, S&L Forum Mod (new)

Lucy wrote: "he movie is interesting as well but it is on Netflix and I think you have that"

I do. Thanks!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I bought it, there is some good stuff in there, my charitable deed for the day.

message 6: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Mcdonnell | 13 comments Hey what's the humble bundle??

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Its usually indie games sold in a bundle, were you pay what you want and if you pay over the average you get a couple of games free with it. You decide what you pay and how much of that goes to charity.

There a link in the top thread to show you what the games are and you can play them in steam.

message 8: by Rob, S&L Forum Mod (new)

Stephen wrote: "Hey what's the humble bundle??"

It's a pay what you want bundle of something. Typically the bundle is games made by Independent Developers (Indie Games). They've also bundled eBooks recently as well.

The games are DRM Free. Most of the time they come with Steam keys and are platform independent. Sometimes they've included a digital soundtrack for each game.

You not only set the price of what you pay, but you choose where the money goes to. The developers (can be broken down further by each developer if you want to give some different amounts than ohters), Charity (typically Child's Play (my personal charity of choice) and the EFF. These can also be split up how you wish.

There is also a section for a "tip". This pays for the bandwidth and hosting on the humble bundle site.

If you pay more than the average price you usually get some bonus games. Typically the best/most popular games in the bundle are part of the bonus to encourage people to spend more.

message 9: by Rob, S&L Forum Mod (last edited Dec 20, 2012 04:56AM) (new)

Lucy wrote: "Its usually indie games sold in a bundle, were you pay what you want and if you pay over the average you get a couple of games free with it. You decide what you pay and how much of that goes to cha..."

See if I typed out a shorter reply, maybe you wouldn't have beat me to it! :-D

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha too slow lol

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

there is a review of the games here by total biscuit, I really enjoy this guys reviews as well.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/SWvVuD...

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Also Steam Sale has just started fun fun fun :D

unread topics | mark unread