Pandemonium (Delirium, #2) Pandemonium discussion

Alex/Lena/Julian

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chloe (new)

Chloe I don't really think it's fair when people say Alex was a jerk in Pandemonium. A. he only had one line, and B. HE WAS PROBABLY DISAPPOINTED!! I mean, he was probably expecting Lena to come running into his arms but instead he sees her with Julian! I would be pissed too. I really don't like Julian. I feel like he was very pushy with Lena and that their relationship was forced. I just wanted to get my opinion out there. :)

message 2: by Devin (new) - added it

Devin I think it was extremely unfair that we only got to see Alex once. Mostly im upset because I thought he was dead most of the book and I had to stop a few times to clear my eyes from tears. Why did Lauren do that to us. Also, i would be ready to beat Julian to a crisp if i was Alex and then i would kind of be angery at Lena for ditching me! (even if she thought i was dead and long gone) I cant wait for the final book!

message 3: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Devin wrote: "I think it was extremely unfair that we only got to see Alex once. Mostly im upset because I thought he was dead most of the book and I had to stop a few times to clear my eyes from tears. Why did ..."

I agree! It's like Lauren Oliver wants to see us suffer! Lol, but I was soooo upset when Alex 'died'. Team Alex all the way!

message 4: by Vee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vee Gretzinger god i love alex! for crying out loud, he risked his life to save her. he was probs upset that she just promised julian she'd always be there for him. i like julian...but alex taught lena how to love in the first place. he made her a rebel and they were supposed to run away together and be happy. but no, he almost dies, and he doesn't get away. then while he's gone, she shows julian how to love, like alex showed lena. then alex comes back (i was sooooooo damn happy) but now what?! she better not drop alex like a bag of bricks...i'll be pissed!

Don't_Trot_and_Text I am Team Alex, although Julian is a sweet kid. I think Alex is just too much a peart of Lena. he is the reason Lena realized her society's blemishes and efects. He's the reason she finally found and understood love. He's the reason for her whole transformation! I can't imagine Julian replacing Alex in any way.

Siobhan I never thought Alex was dead. I think you can take 'don't believe her' a couple of ways. The interpretation I like for it, based on what we've seen of Alex, is that he's saying 'Look, don't believe her, she's my girlfriend and she's reassuring you that you haven't made a mistake, but if you pursue her you will be making one. She's taken' rather than 'Don't believe the filthy lying slut, she'll say anything to anyone.' which is the interpretation it feels like most people take.

Katy Siobhan wrote: "I never thought Alex was dead. I think you can take 'don't believe her' a couple of ways. The interpretation I like for it, based on what we've seen of Alex, is that he's saying 'Look, don't believ..."

Agree. Knowing Alex, giving him the benefit of the doubt, I thought the same thing.

Siobhan And Alex appeared during Julian's rescue, someone probably caught him up to speed, he knew what he was likely to see, he knew how he was going to handle it.

message 9: by Vy (last edited Jun 11, 2013 02:19PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vy Alex had every right to be mad in my opinion. YES, the RATIONAL thought would be that he should be proud and happy for Lena.

Proud-for joining the resistance, and playing such an active role.

Happy-that she lived for one, and that she found love again.

But let's face it, how many of YOU would act that way? He's a 19 year old guy, not some holy saint figure. He is hurt! He loves Lena, so seeing her promise forever with some guy isn't exactly going to bring a smile to his face. His reaction of anger and hurt is very rational in my opinion, and realistic.

I am positive Lena and Alex will end up together, why else would Oliver bring him back?

I REALLY like Julian, but with Alex is where my loyalty lies. WOOT!

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Pandemonium (other topics)