Opal (Lux, #3) Opal discussion

That rat Blake!

Comments (showing 1-50 of 94) (94 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Sara I was thisclose to actually feeling sorry for Blake. I was even tearing up thinking that he was going to tell Katy that he sleeps in her bed because he doesn't have one! AND then that dirty rat betrayed her! I hope Daemon kills him, anyone else feel that way?

marie I sure do. But since he had help from the arum do you think he might have special plans for Katy. I mean he was sneaking in her room and he knew she didn't know. Plus he stole the opal. You never know but he might sneak in there and do something to her.

Libbie As soon as she figured out he was the one slipping into bed with her, I knew Bad Things were impending where he was concerned.

What I want to know is what Beth kept trying to tell them. Clearly she knew something wasn't kosher.

marie Do you think she was trying to warn them about Simom? That's what I thought. Since Dawson was so focused on Beth he couldn't think of anything else. Now do you think Dawson will stick around to help Daemon or will he hide to keep Beth safe.

Libbie I thought about that, but she started speaking up when Blake carried Chris in - that's why I made that connection. I didn't even think about her warning them about Simon.

I think he's going to stick around unless doing so brings more danger to Daemon and Dee - then he'll leave to keep his family safe, but he won't be far out of touch.

Alyssa Llanes I AM GOING TO KILL THAT FREAKIN' BASTARD (BLAKE)! I'M GOING TO CHOP HIS BODY PARTS THEN FEED IT TO THE HUNGRY CROCODILES. ARGH! THAT FRIGGIN' GUY, I'M GONNA KILL HIIIIIIIIIM!

*Breathe in, breathe out* Okay, sorry for that. I just need to let all of those out of my system. :)

Sumaya I wanna kill him.... that fucking whore! ARRRRR.... FRIGGIN BASTARD! gosh..... FOTHER-MUCKING HIT-SHEAD!!

I actually felt sorry for him, I thought Katy was being too mean to him!!

can't wait for Daemon to rip him to shreds in the next book!

*sorry for the swearing - but desperate times, call for desperate measures!*

marie I thought Blake was being too nice and apologizing way too much. He never was like that when he first met her and not even when he was training her. I never trusted him.

Sumaya Well marie, sounds like you were the smart ones...

I completely fell for the trying-to-be-a-good-guy-act.... idiot!

marie Your not an idiot Sumaya. It was the surfer pretty boy looks that did a number on most of us. Aren't surfers suppose to fun loving laid back kind of guys. I got 5 sons and a hubby. When they start sweet talking and apologizing left and right I know something isn't right.

Jennifer At this point I'm honestly wondering if that guy Blake saved was even Chris? Or was even the alien that mutated him. Maybe he was just sent on a mission to get that guy for some other reason? I don't know. I still don't understand why Blake would give them up to the Arum when he had what he wanted.

Rafaela Silva Leal Blake got on my nerves when he first appeared in Onyx, since he was getting between Katy and Daemon; then he killed Adam, making me hate him more. When he returned in Opal I was like "OH MY GOD! This guy has some freaking nerve!" I mean, Daemon let him live after telling him to never come back and he just...Argh! And like that wasn't enough he takes on the nice guy act and then-BAM! Stabs Kat in the back! I do so want Daemon to rip him open...

message 13: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara Jennifer wrote: "At this point I'm honestly wondering if that guy Blake saved was even Chris? Or was even the alien that mutated him. Maybe he was just sent on a mission to get that guy for some other reason? I don..."

I think your on to something here. Maybe Blake is getting Luc's alien friend out. That's what he had to do as a favor to Luc?!

Rafaela Silva Leal Sara wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "At this point I'm honestly wondering if that guy Blake saved was even Chris? Or was even the alien that mutated him. Maybe he was just sent on a mission to get that guy for some ot..."
First of all: Hi, I'm Rafaela.
Why would Blake owe Luc a favor? And I thought Luc's alien friend was that blond girl Katy saw dancing. I'm just wondering.

message 15: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat theres got to be a reason why blake betrayed them he liked Katy, even though she had a go at him i still think he has a reason for leaving them..still needs to die though....

Rachel G ...i hate blake.
anyway, i have this weird theory that they are going to erase katy's memories in order to make her into some crazy fighting machine..so she'll forget damon and end up "falling" for blake while her memories are gone. i know it's a little out there but...

message 17: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara Why would Blake owe Luc a favor? How should I know! Katy and Daemon owe him one I'm Blake owes him too! I'm just speculating here. It is weird that Blake's says "Chris" doesn't recognize him. Plus you're assuming the blonde girl is Luc's alien friend. He never says who she is!

message 18: by K (new) - rated it 5 stars

K Daemon is definitely going to kill Blake unless there is some reason for his betraying them that I don't know about yet. Regardless I can't wait for that showdown because it is going to be fantastic!!!

Rafaela Silva Leal Sara wrote: "Why would Blake owe Luc a favor? How should I know! Katy and Daemon owe him one I'm Blake owes him too! I'm just speculating here. It is weird that Blake's says "Chris" doesn't recognize him. Plus ..."
Very true :)

Crystal Simpson Jennifer wrote: "At this point I'm honestly wondering if that guy Blake saved was even Chris? Or was even the alien that mutated him. Maybe he was just sent on a mission to get that guy for some other reason? I don..."

I think that Blake sold them out to get Chris out. The only way to get chris out was to sell the rest of them out. I think that Blake had to punch Chris he was insane from all the weird stuff the DOD did to him. And the last time that Katy saw Beth she was a ranting lunatic but all of a sudden she is fine inside the cell? I do think that Blake will help get Katy out because he cares for her in the long run.

Crystal Simpson Rafaela wrote: "Sara wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "At this point I'm honestly wondering if that guy Blake saved was even Chris? Or was even the alien that mutated him. Maybe he was just sent on a mission to get that gu..."

Luc never said who that blond girl was.

Crystal Simpson Rachel wrote: "...i hate blake.
anyway, i have this weird theory that they are going to erase katy's memories in order to make her into some crazy fighting machine..so she'll forget damon and end up "falling" fo..."

No way that is an amazing and gut wrenching twist good thought.

~*~Princess Nhya~*~ I felt pity for Blake off and on in book 3, but I never came to trust him again after what happened in book 2.

I just never thought that he would do such an evil act. So because of that...
BLAKE... THE M***&%F#@!!*&^ MUST DIE!!! PAINFULLY & SLOWLY

message 24: by Ivy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ivy G. AHHHHHHH!!!!! Katy, why didn't you let Deamon KILL that SOB!!!!!!

Danielle They should have killed the Son of a b*tch when they had the chance!!!!
ugh BLAKE YOU &%F#@!!*$^!!!!!!

message 26: by Esra (new) - rated it 5 stars

Esra i knew that he was going to betray her from the start but i never thought things would lead to this
he is uch a bastard!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hope daemon gets katy out of there first then hunts him down and kills him !

~*~Princess Nhya~*~ Esra wrote: "i knew that he was going to betray her from the start but i never thought things would lead to this
he is uch a bastard!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hope daemon gets katy out of there first then hunts him down and kills him!..."

Yeah by putting Blake's a** in a blender and hitting Puree!

marie Do you think Blake followed them to the lake and spied on them after the prom? He went to prom just to stare at her. I was wondering.

message 29: by K (new) - rated it 5 stars

K It's definitely possible. Blake was even more of a creeper in this book.

message 30: by Pam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pam UGHHHH I STILL CANT BEAR THE THOUGHT OF HIM. He should die a slow and painful death.

Actually... Death would be too easy. He should be tortured.

Hannah Sumaya wrote: "I wanna kill him.... that fucking whore! ARRRRR.... FRIGGIN BASTARD! gosh..... FOTHER-MUCKING HIT-SHEAD!!

I actually felt sorry for him, I thought Katy was being too mean to him!!

can't wait for..."

Daemon.Will.Tear.Him.Limb.From.Limb.

Michelle i want the next book now!!!

Rivera Still book is messing with my feelings
I dont even know what to think right now

☆♥☆Katrin★♡★ He's going to Hell.

Michelle Ilenich i never trusted Blake. Not even in the 2nd book. At first I didnt like him just because Katy was using him, then he started throwing knives at her. in the 3rd book, i never felt sorry for him. when i learned he was sneaking into Katy's room, i felt like i was gunna be sick. i hope Daemon kills him. he should have killed him earlier.

Trisha Im pissed! Thats all i have to say.

Natalie Wandless I hate him I realy do, what I don't understand is why he crept into Katys bed and did all that and then turn around and do that to her. Maybe he was jealous that Katy had chose daemon over him, because if you remember Blake had said that him and Katy are supposedly made to be together or something like that. Maybe he did it all for revenge , but I read somewhere that they thought that my be Blake is the way he is because Chris isn't a lux he's a aurm and that's why beth was babbling about something and why the aurm let him go. But I don't think the next book is going to be plain sailing and if Blake is killed I hope he is stupid enough to go to Katy and. she kills him. I HATE HIM and I don't use that word often.

message 38: by Meghan (last edited Jan 15, 2013 01:09PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Meghan Hey! I think you all are on to something. First, thank you for saying most of what went through my mind at Blake being in the book, period.
Alyssa said: I AM GOING TO KILL THAT FREAKIN' B*$%#&^(BLAKE)! I'M GOING TO CHOP HIS BODY PARTS THEN FEED IT TO THE HUNGRY CROCODILES. ARGH! THAT FRIGGIN' GUY, I'M GONNA KILL HIIIIIIIIIM!...
Sumaya said:I wanna kill him.... that f$%&*@# w^$%@! ARRRRR.... FRIGGIN B*$%#&^! gosh..... FOTHER-MUCKING HIT-SHEAD!!..
Wow. That just re-proves that swearing at a horrible HIT-SHEAD does make you feel better!I hated him from the start, didn't trust him the tiniest bit, and laughed giddily-ly when ever he got hurt. :D Sumaya, I completely agreed with you on everything! Anyway, I think Rachel could be onto something, and the Beth not being Beth one sounds really good, too. I <3ed all of the wonderful ways that Blake would be killed!!! They were sooo creative( ya'll deserve an A+ for creativity alone!), but I think he should risk his worthless existence to save Katy. Daemon should force him to.......with LOTS of pain....

Michelle Ilenich I think Blake knocked out Chris because he knew he would never just leave with him. He would've wanted to help fight the arum instead of ditch them.

Bulma Books Blake needs to go.

message 41: by Esra (new) - rated it 5 stars

Esra Daemon.Will.Tear.Him.Limb.From.Limb
that is so true

Bulma Books Esra wrote: "Daemon.Will.Tear.Him.Limb.From.Limb
that is so true"

I second that! Sorry luxen that is linked to him but Blake seriously gotta go!

message 43: by Lulu (new) - added it

Lulu Tse I couldn't believe that Blake would do that to Katy after he betrayed them once. However, when Luc the little kid said that they shouldn't trust anyone because everyone had something to gain and lose. I felt that he was giving them a heads up about Blake, just never thought it would be true. Also, Beth wanted to tell them something when they were escaping but no one gave her a chance. Disappointed how the story ended but Im thrilled to read the next installment.

Meghan Esra wrote: "Daemon.Will.Tear.Him.Limb.From.Limb
that is so true"

I totally agree with you!! Hope Dee helps him...
*thinking gruesome, torturous thoughts*

message 45: by Sumaya (last edited Feb 18, 2013 07:04AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sumaya Musse I don't what Katy is going to do if she sees Blake. I have this unreal hope that it's she, and not Daemon, that puts Blake in intensive care for a really long time.

Meghan Sumaya said:I don't what Katy is going to do if she sees Blake. I have this unreal hope that it's she, and not Daemon, that puts Blake in intensive care for a really long time.
I think that is an awesome idea and really hope that happens!!

message 47: by Lynisha (last edited Mar 05, 2013 04:02AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lynisha Smoot Oh Lordy lord I just reread this series. And even though I knew what was going to happen it doesn't make me any less mad! I loathe Blake and I cannot wait until Daemon ends him he's a pathetic creep and I never felt sorry for him, I never liked him in the beginning he was moving in on the wrong territory. But my question is why. They all hated him everyone beat the crap out of him but he still hung around like they were the only Luxen and hybrids to help him get his -cough-boyfriend-cough- out it boggles my mind because he was treated like 3rd world crap and he still stayed around. But as much as I do not like him I have to say katy enabled him to do a lot of stuff that could have been stopped by simply telling Daemon. Sure she says she doesn't want him to go ballistic so not telling Daemon he said he liked her I can kind of understand her but NOT TELLING HIM THE MOFO WAS CLIMBING IN BED WITH YOU AND KISSING ON YOUR NECK?! Seriously Katy?! If Ash were to do that and Daemon didn't tell her she would throw a bitch fit. UGH! Which brings me to my next point. WHY DID KATY NOT KNOW IT WASN'T DAEMON IN BED WITH HER?! seriously she talks about their connection and stuff but she didn't stop to think "hmm the back of my neck isn't warm maybe this isn't my sexy as hades boyfriend" and even if she convinced herself it was a dream. What the crap kind of dream leaves a smell on your pillow?!? My lord! Sorry for the rant but I wanted to hurt both of them at several points in this book friggin idiots!

Rebekah Okay, so here goes. I hear you all out and I just want to say (if I WERE Katy) : ...

that Blake is as a DOUCHE FACE, BUTT HEAD, MENTALLY UNSTABLED PEROXIDE PIECE OF TRASH HYBRID. Seriously?
I am going to make Onyx bullets and shoot every single moving limb of his so he can feel the pain that he's causing me. And I intend to keep it that way. The psychotic betrayer.

I need the next book, like now. Today, if possible. I can't believe it. I refused to believe it. This cannot be happening. This cannot be happening. This cannot be happening.

message 49: by Emma (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emma That idiot betrayed her. I love to give him something to remember by. I'll kill him. I knew the first time I read that part about him sleeping with kat, i'm like kill him kat don't trust him.

Natalie Wandless this is on jennifers blog check it out

The shadow pulled away, moving forward quickly. My first instinct screamed Arum and to push away from it. I reached blindly for the obsidian necklace, realizing too late I didn’t have it anymore.

“You’re still having nightmares,” the shadow said.

At the sound of the familiar voice, fear gave way to rage so potent that it tasted like a battery acid. I was on my feet before I knew it.

“Blake,” I spat.

i need origan 27TH AUGUST IS TO FAR WAY

« previous 1

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Opal (other topics)