The Sword and Laser discussion

The Hobbit > Tolkien singing from The Hobbit

Comments (showing 1-8 of 8) (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jenny (Reading Envy) (readingenvy) | 1908 comments Mea culpa if anyone has already posted this, but this is amazing. It reminds me of old Scottish mouth music, only in English!

Tolkien extract

message 2: by Rob, S&L Forum Mod (new)

Rob (robzak) | 3063 comments Mod
I didn't see it posted, and I haven't heard it, so thanks!

message 3: by George (new)

George Corley (gacorley) | 62 comments It seems he did a few recordings like this. I've often listened to his reading of Namarie: https://soundcloud.com/elrond/jrr-tol...

message 4: by Isolde (new)

Isolde | 3 comments You can really hear the Finnish in that Elvish. Thanks for posting.

message 5: by John (new)

John (Agni4lisva) | 38 comments Thanks for posting these clips, they are excellent :-)

message 6: by Kiera (new)

Kiera (mskieralouise) | 9 comments This is really great!

message 7: by Mohrravvian (new)

Mohrravvian | 96 comments There is also a CD of him reading parts of the book, including the entire Riddles in the Dark chapter. His Gollum voice is perfect (as you would expect since it's his creation) and it's really great hearing him act out the characters. :-)

message 8: by James (new)

James H. (jhedrick) | 125 comments Always wondered how closely my inner musician matched Tolkien's vision (filtered through watching Bakshi at an impressionable age). The answer was pretty closely :) Thanks to the OP! This was great!

unread topics | mark unread