Fictional Characters Destroyed My Life discussion

Opal (Lux, #3)
This topic is about Opal
Opal by Jennifer L, Armentrout

Comments (showing 1-50 of 73) (73 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Teresa Mary Rose (TeresaMaryRose) | 192 comments Mod
This needed to be made because that ending literally destroyed my life!

Angela ReadingCave | 15 comments I am still in shock!

Right?!?? Days later I still can't move on. That ending was just cruel!

Angela ReadingCave | 15 comments The ending wow~ I still get chill bumps thinking about it and what is yet to come.

Exactly! I need Origin in my hands now! I dont think I will make it until July!

Magen Corrie (MagenCorrie) | 85 comments Mod
Thank you for creating a thread for this one!!

I agree, my life, it won't be the same until I have the next book!!! That ending was just unfair and cruel torture.....

I had to create a thread for this haha. I kinda saw an ending like that coming, but it still killed!

Teresa Mary Rose wrote: "I had to create a thread for this haha. I kinda saw an ending like that coming, but it still killed!"

I figured it would end in a cliffhanger, but nothing like that!!!!!! *cries*

So, I was once again laying in bed thinking about the ending of this book.

I'm so nervous about how much this will effect Katy, I know she will be changed from the experience, but I kinda don't want her to be...
Also, extremely nervous reading from Daemon's POV. It's gonna break my heart, I just know it... :(

Magen Corrie wrote: "So, I was once again laying in bed thinking about the ending of this book.

I'm so nervous about how much this will effect Katy, I know she will be changed from the experience, but I kinda don't wa..."

Thanks Magen for dragging me into your worries!!!! Haha jk. I was worried about that too!

Katy is going to be a different Katy once we see her again. Hopefully not a Katy that all of a sudden blames Daemon for the turn in her life, cause honestly that would be a storyline I just could not support. But she isnt gonna be the same book loving crazy nerd girl or at least not right away. Gahh I cant I'm nervous. And I think most of Origin will see the two of them separated. I dont see it resolving quickly. I am interested to finally see what does go on inside the DOD though and morbid as that is.

I'm excited and nervous for Daemon's POV. I wanna get inside his head, but it is not going to be a happy place. He is going to be crazy in this one, I just know it.

GAHHHHHHH look what you did, you got me ranting lol

HAHAHAHAH I like company!!!

And I agree with you there! I couldn't support that either!! And I'd be very, very heartbroken! I'm very nervous!! I can't help me, my brain won't stop thinking about it! And I do want to see what the DOD really is about, too.

I love reading from Daemon's POV, but with how he is going to be...It's going to be sad... He is going to be crazy!!

*laughs like a crazy person* :D

message 12: by Teresa Mary Rose (last edited Dec 18, 2012 09:30AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maybe JLA will surprise us and free Katy quickly - oh darn there is my wishful thinking poking through again! This book is going to be full of heartbreak and torture!

You are right! I get the feeling Daemon may revert back to his original Obsidian self, he is gonna close up like he did after Dawson "died" until he gets Katy back. I feel bad for anyone who tries to stop him *cough*Andrew*cough*

Although, I think Dawson and Beth are going to be very helpful cause Katy helped both of them. Dawson especially! And I think this is going to make Dee realize how much Katy really is her BFF!

oh dear... I rambled again

Angela ReadingCave | 15 comments I am hoping that it makes Dee realize what a witch she has been acting like. Andrew does not have a chance in Hades of stopping him. But I am betting that it takes him the whole book to get her out. Darn it- now I wish it was out.

Yea, I love Dee but she was putting blame in the wrong places. I dont think Andrew will be able to stop him, but he will be a pain in the ass of course. BUt I agree with you, I think it will take the msjority of the book to get Katy

Teresa Mary Rose wrote: "Maybe JLA will surprise us and free Katy quickly - oh darn there is my wishful thinking poking through again! This book is going to be full of heartbreak and torture!

You are right! I get the fee..."

Oh wishful thinking!!! I agree with you and Angela, it'll take, most likely, the whole book until Katy is out. Watch it'll end just when Daemon rescues her.... That would be torture!!! Good torture in a way, but still torture nonetheless!!

Daemon is going to be crazy... Like, just wow! Andrew won't be able to stop him, hell, no one will!! But I feel everyone, even Ash and Andrew, are going to do everything to get her out!

I kind of feel sorry for Dee, she was working on being close to Katy once again, and then this happens.. But I really hope she will realize how mean she was. 'Cause that girl was!!

I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT THIS BOOK!!! It's been weeks since I read it!

Wonder if Matthew and Daemon are going to tell Katy's mom...???.Everything....??? MmMhhmmmhmh :/

Teresa, Angela! HIGH FIVE!

Magen Corrie wrote: "Teresa Mary Rose wrote: "Maybe JLA will surprise us and free Katy quickly - oh darn there is my wishful thinking poking through again! This book is going to be full of heartbreak and torture!

You..."

Magen you took the words right out of my mouth! *hugs*

but but BUT I didnt even think about telling Katy's Mom. That would be an interesting twist and provide another storyline once Katy is back. Cause obvi Mommy isnt gonna be happy with Katy dating an alien and she is gonna blame them for everything that has happened! Oh no! Once again Magen you have drawn me into your theories. I'll never survive the wait. Thankfully I have you to bother with all my problems hahaha

Teresa Mary Rose wrote: "Magen Corrie wrote: "Teresa Mary Rose wrote: "Maybe JLA will surprise us and free Katy quickly - oh darn there is my wishful thinking poking through again! This book is going to be full of heartbre..."

*giant hug* :D

That would be! I mean she's going to know something is up! Ya know? Yeah she might act like that or maybe she'll be like "I knew something was up, now bring my baby back!" ha ha I don't know, I have played a lot of different scenarios in my head!!! So many thoughts!!! So many theories!! I won't survive the wait either, but you definitely have me! :D

I think we should make like a giant construction paper chain to count down the days haha! Oh there is my inner child again coming out to play!

At least we will have Apollyon in the meantime and ARCs should be out soon! So we got that!

Teresa Mary Rose wrote: "I think we should make like a giant construction paper chain to count down the days haha! Oh there is my inner child again coming out to play!

At least we will have Apollyon in the meantime and A..."

I LOVE THAT IDEA!!! Hell yeah! That will definitely help!! :D

I saw pictures of the ARCs yesterday so I have been stalking my mailbox haha

Doruntina | 1 comments I am reading Opal right now and i honestly dont know what to expect. I've been so excited and LOVED Obsidian and Onyx and i have such high expectations for Opal that i'm scared i'll be disappointed. Cant wait to finish it. Hope it is as good as everyone says.

message 22: by Magen Corrie (last edited Dec 21, 2012 05:27PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dori wrote: "I am reading Opal right now and i honestly dont know what to expect. I've been so excited and LOVED Obsidian and Onyx and i have such high expectations for Opal that i'm scared i'll be disappointed..."

Ooo you will not be disappointed at all!! It was just amazing! Warning, the ending is going to leave you needing the next book!!

ENJOY!!

Teresa Mary Rose wrote: "I saw pictures of the ARCs yesterday so I have been stalking my mailbox haha"

Lucky!!! I'd be doing the same thing, too!!1 *jumps up and down*

Needing? I think you mean "waiting impatiently and you may not survive until you get it" haha

Teresa Mary Rose wrote: "Needing? I think you mean "waiting impatiently and you may not survive until you get it" haha"

I was trying to make it not so bad.. I failed.
You took the words right out of my mouth and now I am dying more!!!
NEED THE NEXT BOOK!!
Teresa! *cries* Time is moving too slowly! Need. Time. Machine! Now!!! Where is that DeLorean when you need it :(

I swear, that book is just never going to get here and the wait is going to be agonizing

Teresa Mary Rose wrote: "I swear, that book is just never going to get here and the wait is going to be agonizing"

I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*cries*

*rocks in corner*

Naomi (NomisPP) | 6 comments I have to agree with all your points! I finished Opal a couple of days ago, and was like Argh!! What I did like was that a lot of loose ends were tied up, Simon and Will for example, and Katy and Dee's relationship looked better.

What do you think Beth was trying to tell them before they all left, when Blake was carrying whom we assume was Chris..... I wonder if that info would've helped. I can't believe Blake!! I want to kick his ass!!

Naomi wrote: "I have to agree with all your points! I finished Opal a couple of days ago, and was like Argh!! What I did like was that a lot of loose ends were tied up, Simon and Will for example, and Katy and D..."

Yes I did like that she tied up a lot of points, even if she left us with a cliffhanger.

I think Beth either knew something about what Blake was planning, cause obvi he had help from people inside or it could be possible that Chris is dangerous and she didnt want him to be let out. Those were the two thoughts that came to mind.

Blake needs to be punched!

Teresa Mary Rose wrote: "Naomi wrote: "I have to agree with all your points! I finished Opal a couple of days ago, and was like Argh!! What I did like was that a lot of loose ends were tied up, Simon and Will for example, ..."

She is really good at making sure there aren't any lose ends! But her cliffhangers can be killer!!
I also wonder what Beth was trying to say, I hope we get to find out in the next book!!

Blake needs to die.. is that mean??

Angela ReadingCave | 15 comments Not mean at all- I was hoping he would all throughout the Opal. Just means we have a sense of well book justice.

Haha book justice. I like that!

I like that too!!!!!

Jocelyn | 1 comments I agree with everyone. But I think we've all forgot about what's going to happen to Katy while see's there. Although I would love for Daemon to save her, what about Katy's every growing powers-maybe she'll get herself out. And what will they do to her while she's there? Maybe we'll met some new characters?
I have a feeling Blake will be in hiding for most of the book, then something will happen to Chris and he'll need Daemon's help again. I can't even deal with Dee, Ash and Andrew right now..they're annoying me. But I feel like Beth will be the main key in helping Katy get out. Or maybe Katy will start a revolt from inside the DOD. Yes, like you guys, I'm scared it will change her- but I think I'll be for the best!

(view spoiler)

Teresa Mary Rose wrote: "You brought up so many awesome points. I'm almost afraid to think of Katy in there cause it hurts. And yea she is powerful but the are prepared for people like her so idk what she will do. But a re..."
(view spoiler)

(view spoiler)

Teresa Mary Rose wrote: "[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

(view spoiler)

Alisa (The Reading Obsession) | 26 comments Random thing. Do you think the Arum at the end of the book was Hunter from Obsession? I don't know why, but I think it is.

Ohh that is a good point. It very may well be Hunter. JLA said there would be crossover and that would be a good lead in to Obsession.

Alisa (The Reading Obsession) | 26 comments Oh wow! Someone agrees with me! I thought I would be the only person that thought that. Yay! I'm not!

Haha nope! It would be quite possible. I'm sure we have seen him somewhere along the way.

Alisa (The Reading Obsession) | 26 comments Wasn't one of the teasers of Obsession having Hunter saying don't worry about the boy... or something? Maybe that was my imagination...

Umm I'm not sure I have a hard time keeping up with all the JLA teasers haha. But you're probably right lol.

Alisa (The Reading Obsession) | 26 comments Or it was my JLA depraved imagination.

That's always a possibility lol. I'm already counting down the days to Origin.

Alisa (The Reading Obsession) | 26 comments Is there some sort of countdown I can put on my blog? Because I suck at finding those.

I don't think there is one for Orogin yet cause there is no cover :(

Alisa (The Reading Obsession) | 26 comments Is there an actual day for the release? Because it just says July 2013 on Goodreads.

« previous 1

Fictional Characters Destroyed My Life

unread topics | mark unread