Safe Haven Safe Haven discussion

Happy or sad ending?

Comments (showing 1-15 of 15) (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hollywood (new)

Hollywood Heidi I've very leery about anything by Nicholas Sparks. He tends to have sad endings and I really don't like sad endings. I'm trying to figure out if I want to see the movie version of this or not.

That being said, was the ending happy or sad or bittersweet? Do the main characters stay together?

I know this is total spoiler info but I'd rather be spoiled a bit than to end up tearing up and feeling depressed when walking out of the theater.

Shannon Yea the main two charcters end up together, i wont exactly say its a happy ending because there is a big fire scene (when her husband trys to come and get her) good book not sure how the movie is going to turn out

Vicki I do not think you would be depressed or sad with the ending....there is a little 'twist' at the end, it's a feel good one :)

Melissa There is definitely a little "Twist" at the end, wasnt expecting it thats for sure! Really good book, some parts sad but mostly happy book

Laurie I totally agree with you...I google the ending of all Nicholas Sparks books before I read them or watch the movie. Lucky One I didn't read but I saw the movie. Safe Haven is like that....little twist, someone dies...but it isn't the two main characters and they end up happy. Safe Haven was one of my favorite reads of 2012! Hope you enjoy it!!

Linda Fast Laurie wrote: "I totally agree with you...I google the ending of all Nicholas Sparks books before I read them or watch the movie. Lucky One I didn't read but I saw the movie. Safe Haven is like that....little t..."

For me Safe Haven was the worst book that I read in 2012, to brutal and abusive for my tastes.

Joyce Kuergeleis(author) No I don't like sad endings and don't want to read a book with one. I read this book and at the end I thought OMG she (the main character) is nuts. Noooo it was just an ending with a twist. I had to laugh when I jumped to my first conclusion.

Laurie Stay away from "Best of Me" lol I made the mistake of not googling the end before I read it. Definitely won't be seeing this movie

Dani I wouldn't want to Google the end of a book before reading it - it spoils the whole book. But each to their own.

Joyce Kuergeleis(author) No, I definitely do not want to know how a book ends because I just can't get into a book when I know how everything concludes.

message 11: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim Todd It is a bittersweet ending much like real life can be. I think it will be a good movie if they stick to the book.

message 12: by Rut (new) - rated it 3 stars

Rut Kim wrote: "It is a bittersweet ending much like real life can be. I think it will be a good movie if they stick to the book."

You are right, the movie would have been much better if they had stuck to the book...the story was already very good. I enjoyed reading "Safe Haven" very much besides it was the first novel by Nicholas Sparks that I have ever read...The movie has some very cute scenes though, still I liked it as a movie not as THE movie adaptation because I liked the book much better.

Pamela Its kind of middle of the road. Yes, some tragic things have happened but they kind of resolve to move forward and try to be happy themselves.

Bobby Karmakar Mutual I would say. Sad? I don't think so. I think the story itself is thrilling and she comes from a sad past. But a happy ending? I would go for settled. :)

message 15: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim Todd Not sad...just unexpected like life can be (sad moments).

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Safe Haven (other topics)