The Sword and Laser discussion

Joe Abercrombie
This topic is about Joe Abercrombie
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Author Questions / AMAs > Questions for Joe Abercrombie?

Comments (showing 1-11 of 11) (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Veronica, Supreme Sword (new)

Veronica Belmont (veronicabelmont) | 1291 comments Mod
We'll be interviewing the Red Country author later this month, but I wanted to give you guys plenty of time to get your questions in!

message 2: by Jerome (new)

Jerome Lim (Yojimbo76) | 28 comments Hi there Joe, What kind of whisky would Logan drink?
Jerome

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris (KVolk) | 796 comments What authors do you enjoy reading and/or are they influences for you?

message 4: by Ian (new)

Ian Roberts | 140 comments Might we see Bayaz get his comeuppance one day?

message 5: by Ian (new)

Ian Roberts | 140 comments Is there any chance we will see Ferro again in a future tale? Are there any characters that are favourites of yours that you want to revisit?

message 6: by David Sven (new)

David Sven (Gorro) | 1582 comments Im not worthy! I'm not worthy!

Early in Blade Itself Logen does magic with fire. He stores it under his tongue to help light the next camp, and then lights up a bandit by blowing on him. It was really cool. Then he never does or even attempts it ever again.

He actually answered this question for me directly over on Reddit - but I want verbal confirmation.

message 7: by Hanne (new)

Hanne (Hanne2) yay, joe abercrombie!

to me, he is the master of character-building, especially his very flawed characters (torturers, first-class manipulators,...). how does he come up with them?

message 8: by David Sven (new)

David Sven (Gorro) | 1582 comments Is Peter F Hamilton your twin brother? You're both good at characterisation so maybe it runs in the family?

message 9: by Hanne (last edited Dec 11, 2012 05:20AM) (new)

Hanne (Hanne2) another one, the atmosphere between the first law trilogy itself and the books that came after is quite different. the latest books contained more lightness: funny characters like Cosca, amusing banter between Morveer and Day, the invention of sliced bread and many, many one-liners that made me chuckle.

was it a conscious choice to create more of a balance between the dark, violent parts and humor, or did that just grow naturally?

message 10: by Joseph (new)

Joseph WHY ARE YOU SO AWESOME?

But serious question, now that you're 6 books in you're an experienced writer, what has been the most surprising aspect of being a fantasy author?

Also I love Red Country. :D

message 11: by Daniel (new)

Daniel McMillan (Nerdtek) | 19 comments I see you had a deathmatch between two Islay whiskys. Have you tried Oban 14 year. Smoothest whisky I've ever tried. There was something that tasted like home when I tried the Ardbeg and I couldn't quite put my finger on on it, but you mentioned the salty taste. That's what it was you can taste the sea!! Love it!!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Red Country (other topics)