The Mating (Law of the Lycans, #3) The Mating question

werewolf romance books?
Arub Arub Dec 06, 2012 10:16AM
hi guys... Does anyone know of any werewolf books where two people are mates... I know this is stereotypical but i love the sort where the girl is human and the guy is a pack alpha, and the guy has a jealous streak. At first the girl and the guy fight alot because she doesnt like his masochistic behaviour and stuff. Maybe theres a jealous ex-girlfriend that tries to take the guy away from the girl but the girls not gunna back down coz thats her mate.
It's not neccesary that the girl be a human or that there be an ex. But that they dont start of on the best terms and hes an alpha...yh thats hot.
Oh and maybe one or two steamy scenes.One book like this is
Thanks xThe Mating

I didn't see your post here. Actually I have the same recommendation:

I think you'll like Lauren Dane. She's written a couple of were/shifter series that are similar to Nicky Charles. In fact, it's what lead me here :)

Cherchez Pack Series
Ascension (Cherchez Pack #1)
Fire and Rain (Cherchez Pack #2)

*unfortunately, these are it for the series. I kind of hoped she'd continue more, but I think she switched publishers.*

I didn't get a chance to read these yet but I've heard some good things.

Cascadia Wolves Series

Enforcer (Cascadia Wolves, #1)
Tri Mates (Cascadia Wolves, #2)
Reluctant (Cascadia Wolves, #3)
Wolf Unbound (Cascadia Wolves, #4)
Standoff (Cascadia Wolves, #5)
Fated (Cascadia Wolves, #6)

Cheryl Mcknight Have you read Mandy Roth's Act of Mercy: An Immortal Ops World Novel (PSI-Ops / Immortal Ops Book 1) the entire series is great
Oct 31, 2014 04:43AM

Feral sins (the Phoenix pack) suzanne wright would be right up your street :)

A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole - It really doesn't get much better than this, tbh. The female isn't human, tho. She's half vamp. The guy is an alpha and controlling as fuck. Plus, he's shitty that his mate is a half vamp, so there is fighting. This is the second book in the IAD series, but the first book is a novella, and you don't really need to read it. It's called The Warlord wants Forever. Good book. The hero is a vamp, and he's extremely jealous. You should read it.

Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night by Kresley Cole - This is the 4th book in the IAD series. The hero is a werewolf and the heroine is a witch. There's also a dead ex who comes back to life, but there's a twist. The only problem is you really should read book three before reading this one. It's kind of connected. Book three is one of my absolute favorites of the series, so I recommend it. I recommend the whole series, tbh. It's filled with alpha males and great sex. No one writes a sex scene quite like Kresley.

The Mane Event by Shelly Laurenston - This is the first book of the Pride series. It has two stories in it. It's not exactly what you're asking for, but it's good. The first story has a male lion shifter and a human woman. The second story involves a male lion shifter and a female wolf shifter. Both stories have jealously, controlling males, and hot sex.

The Beast in Him by Shelly Laurenston - This is the second book in the Pride series. The male is a wolf shifter, and the female is an African wild dog shifter. He's the alpha of his pack, and there's jealously and great sex.

I read this one story once (I can't remember the name and it's a shame I wanted to read it again) but it was with a werewolf pack and i think there were witches in it. Witches were evil though. I can't remember the name tho....It was good.

Hey I've been trying to find this book for a while, but does anyone know about a book where a girl who was taken away for protection from the pack and goes back when she's like 18 or around that age and she's blond and skinny and the rest of the women are really "exotic" and she falls in love with the alpha, but theres this other girl who's trying to win his heart and the alpha owns a furniture store and he made most of the stuff in the store. PLEASE HELP!!!

Olivia this might be little late but I think the one your thinking of is Moon Spell by Samatha Young.
Nov 28, 2014 10:12PM

I read a book called Prince Of Wolves by Quinn Loftis and really enjoyed it, maybe you will too. It has the guy (Fane) being an alpha and she (Jacque) is kinda human (to start with)and they are mates. But before he can claim her they realise that the alpha in town already has claimed her so there's lots of tension. It's full of sarcasm and humor that had me laughing my head off and i could't put it down (I would stay up late just to finish that "one last page"). There is great characters, including her two best friends, Sally and Jen,(who the next books in the series are about) and although there's no jealous ex-girlfriend you get a jealous Fane instead. I think you would enjoy it so please try it!

have you tried the Mercy Thompson series or Alpha & Omega by Patricia Briggs?

I read a book a while back and cant remember the name or author. Its a shifter romance, wolf if i remember right. Im pretty sure it was about a young female being in love with the pack beta for her whole life but he is indifferent until she decides to move on. Its not wicked cravings by suzanne wright but its a long those lines. Im pretty sure he is the one who trains all the young wolves to fight. One part all the young wolves go to a bar and she gets really drunk and they call him to come pick her up....Im hoping someone knows what book Im talking about.
Thanks!

the breeds!!!

And after the first night of third lovemaking at his place, they go to a card were she seduces him back to his place because she doesn't want to talk about herself to him <---- I think I got this right

Sherrilyn Kenyon's Were Hunter series is really good. Definetly recommend.

I've already read prince of wolves! But thanks x

Hi guys, I see you help out with books and I want to ask if anyone can help me. I red a book a while ago and I had it on PC but it got erased and I can't remember the author and the title. It was about two mates, werewolf and a human, friends since childhood, but the were's father was experimenting on the girl in order to make her his mate, but when she woke after the experiment she saw her friend first and ruind the experiment for his father.

Psy\Changelig series by Nalini Singh. Best shapeshifter\mating series in the world ;)

HELP - I will PAYPAL someone $5 if they can find this novel/series. Here is the info

One book is a witch who's mother wants her to take over the coven

One book is about a witch who is called into town by a friend. She is short and petite. The hero is a mutildemensional werewolf who owns a bar. She is a witch and in one scene uses blood protections on his car. During the end battle the witch is shot and almost dies and her friends mother is killed leaving her head of the coven. Please reply her or email me at jennifer01usa at hotmail dot come. When I verify this is the series I will paypal you the money

@emily w that's the tales of lunarmorte by Samantha young :)

I'm the Vampire, That's Why (Broken Heart Vampires, #1) by Michele Bardsley wolves and vampires are the main characters. each book is about a different couple.
Bad Blood (Crimson Moon, #1) by L.A. Banks
The Cajun's Captive (Stormy Weather, #1) by Selena Blake
The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark, #1) by Kresley Cole the wolfs are in most every book, but each book is about a different couple.

So I read a book a while back and can't remember the name or author. It is similar to Serengeti Heat by Vivi Andrews. The female in the one I'm thinking of grew lout of her shell though and took place as alpha female. At the end there was a fight between her and a jealous female of the pride while the alpha was fighting his own fight I think. Like I said its been a while but I was hoping someone might recognize it and give me a name or idea. Can't seem to find it anywhere.

Don't forget Kresley Coles, Pleasures of a Dark Prince, another IAD book. This time the hero is Lachlain's brother Gareth.

Hey i see u helping with books could anyone help me i like the idea of arranged marriage and then falling in love , i want books similar to "the mating" any suggestions ?!

After the first night of lovemaking at his place they go to a cafe where she seduces him back to his place because she doesn't want to talk about herself to him<---- I this is from the same book I was enquiring about... Any help is appreciated

Violette Dubrinski's "Taken at Midnight". Great read!

Hey guys,
Thanks for giving your opinions. Hmm.. I've tried the Were Hunter and Mercy Thompson series and I didnt much like either. Maybe ill give the Were Hunter books again.
Xxx

Moira Rogers

You can try books from this author. I liked Wilder's Mate. Or Keri Arthur I liked the Riley Jensen series.

Try Terry Spear's Heart of the Wolf series for great m/f wolf-shifter romance and action. http://www.goodreads.com/series/51875...

I have also found a lot of books in this genre by doing text searches on http://tuebl.ca using terms such as lupus garous; lupine; wolf-shifter; alpha wolf, etc.

I have a quick question. I am looking for a book about a young girl who moves into a new neighborhood. She is kind of a witch, and her next door neighbors and much of the town are werewolves. She falls in love with the eldest son who is much older than her but he pushes her away due to her age, but comes to the conclusion he can't stay away because they are mates so they come together and then tragic stuff happens I forget. So does this sound familiar to anyone. If so what is the title and who is the author!!! It's driving me nuts!!

If you guys need any to read yourself, try wattpad. Its a website where people upload their own books and some are RELLI good. 'the alpha meets the rogue' and 'the alphas mate are two of my favourites. I'm looking for more books like that. :) xx

I agree with lee TGWS by Quinn Loftis is a really good book it is full of amazing things and you feel like your in the story with the characters you cry and laugh with them too. it is truly an awesome, awesome and fantastic book and I'm sure you will love it too in fact everyone should read it

I read Sherrylin Kenyon's weres and agree with you hers are great...any other books???
8)

I really would like to read a book with alpha werewolf and virgin human girls as mates.hero should be kind of overpossesive and over protective with a virgin human girl who is independent and willfull if anyone knows this kind of books pls tell me

I'm also really stuck on finding a shifter romance book, here's what I can remember about it....... An alpha werewolf meets his human mate at a party ( not sure if this is part of a werewolf series or a shifter series) and he's notices her ass first and then takes her to his place and they you know! Part of the ritual in the book is that they do group shift running where the male werewolves chase the female werewolves naked to claim them and the human female has to participate(this is near he end of the book). I'd really appreciate any help on finding the title of this book it's been bugging me for ages :(

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Mating (other topics)
I'm the Vampire, That's Why (other topics)
Bad Blood (other topics)
The Cajun's Captive (other topics)
The Warlord Wants Forever (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Moira Rogers (other topics)
Keri Arthur (other topics)