David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

Delirium (Delirium, #1)
This topic is about Delirium
Archive's > Delirium

Comments (showing 1-50 of 60) (60 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He is TheBomb.com! (new) - rated it 4 stars

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 8451 comments Mod
LOVED this book! Discuss here!

Lola (LolasReviews) | 551 comments This reminds me that I still have to buy the second book in this series. I loved delirium, but heard mixed things about pandemonium.

message 3: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He is TheBomb.com! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ooh really? I've mostly heard good things :) I need to read it too.

Rebekah (RebekahCampbell) Ahhhhhhh one of my all-time favourite books! Pandemonium was pretty damn good too :D

Lola (LolasReviews) | 551 comments David wrote: "Ooh really? I've mostly heard good things :) I need to read it too."

I think I just need to read it and see for myself how it is. I loved delirium and the world building was done really well, so I hope pandemonium is just as good.

Beatrice (beatricemasalunga) | 291 comments I like this book. Pandemonium is better though. :)

message 7: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He is TheBomb.com! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nice, can't wait to read :)

Donna Love them both!! Can't wait for the third one!!!

Simone | 67 comments Delirium was absolutely amazing and had my heart in my throat for the second half of the book. Everyone criticized the second book, but I went into it with an open mind and enjoyed it (not as much as the first mind you). The cliffhanger at the end of that ruined my day lol a kick to the gonads that I don't have and I am dying for the release of the third one 3/5/13!!!!! :)

message 10: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He is TheBomb.com! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Hahaha! Rofl

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) I heard Pandemonium has a massive cliffy like Delirium did so I am waiting for book 3 and then I'll read them both together.
I adored Delirium but not sure I can survive through Pandemonium. I cried my eyes out at the end of Delirium

message 12: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He is TheBomb.com! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lol yeah, good call, I'm going to wait too :) For once, I didn't cry, but I was shocked!

Brooke (TheCoverContessa) | 239 comments Kayleigh {K-Books} wrote: "I heard Pandemonium has a massive cliffy like Delirium did so I am waiting for book 3 and then I'll read them both together.
I adored Delirium but not sure I can survive through Pandemonium. I crie..."

Yup, big cliffy. If you don't want to be hanging, don't read it until Requim comes out.

Brooke (TheCoverContessa) | 239 comments David wrote: "Lol yeah, good call, I'm going to wait too :) For once, I didn't cry, but I was shocked!"

I was TOTALLY shocked at the end of this book. I didn't expect it to end that way, for sure!

message 15: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He is TheBomb.com! (new) - rated it 4 stars

LOL, I'm so scared for the Pandemonium cliffy!

Brooke (TheCoverContessa) | 239 comments David wrote: "LOL, I'm so scared for the Pandemonium cliffy!"

yeah, it was rough

Simone | 67 comments Yea it sucked the big one

Beatrice (beatricemasalunga) | 291 comments David wrote: "LOL, I'm so scared for the Pandemonium cliffy!"

It was a major cliffhanger. :P

Kasie Wegener | 39 comments LOVED this series! I cannot wait until the third one comes out.

message 20: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He is TheBomb.com! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aww yay!! I've got Pandemonium on my Kindle for a potential buddy read in the group soon :) Can't wait!!

Beatrice (beatricemasalunga) | 291 comments This is going to be a TV show instead of a movie. What are your thoughts about it?

message 22: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He is TheBomb.com! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Honestly, I'm not sure how they'll turn it into a full TV show but they'll probably need to change it a lot from the book to do so. But it should be cool to watch them try!

Lola (LolasReviews) | 551 comments David wrote: "Aww yay!! I've got Pandemonium on my Kindle for a potential buddy read in the group soon :) Can't wait!!"

I recently got my paperback copy of Pandemonium. If you are going to do a buddy read I would like to join :)

Beatrice (beatricemasalunga) | 291 comments I agree with you. There were slight changes on it.. but I hope that it would be good.

Reem Eid (ReemEid) | 29 comments Lolita wrote: "David wrote: "Aww yay!! I've got Pandemonium on my Kindle for a potential buddy read in the group soon :) Can't wait!!"

I recently got my paperback copy of Pandemonium. If you are going to do a bu..."

I was planning to re-read pandemonium before Requiem gets released. If you guys plan to read it anytime soon, let me know :)

message 26: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He is TheBomb.com! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Hi Reem and Lolita! I finished Pandemonium a few weeks ago but I've set up a buddy read for you guys! Here's the thread, I'll post a link on the other reading thread too ;) Enjoy!

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

Brooke (TheCoverContessa) | 239 comments So disappointed with the ending of this series.

Reem Eid (ReemEid) | 29 comments David wrote: "Hi Reem and Lolita! I finished Pandemonium a few weeks ago but I've set up a buddy read for you guys! Here's the thread, I'll post a link on the other reading thread too ;) Enjoy!

http://www.goodr..."

Oh, great! I just checked it out.

Lolita, let me know when you start reading the book :)

Lola (LolasReviews) | 551 comments I think I can start it after I finished my current read. That may take another day or two.

message 30: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He is TheBomb.com! (new) - rated it 4 stars

The Cover Contessa wrote: "So disappointed with the ending of this series."

That hurts my heart, I'm scared to read Requiem now :(

Rebekah (RebekahCampbell) The Cover Contessa wrote: "So disappointed with the ending of this series."

Don't say that, Brooke :'(

Rebekah (RebekahCampbell) The Cover Contessa wrote: "So disappointed with the ending of this series."

Don't say that, Brooke :'(

Brooke (TheCoverContessa) | 239 comments David wrote: "The Cover Contessa wrote: "So disappointed with the ending of this series."

That hurts my heart, I'm scared to read Requiem now :("

It wasn't what I would have expected from this author :(

Brooke (TheCoverContessa) | 239 comments Rebekah wrote: "The Cover Contessa wrote: "So disappointed with the ending of this series."

Don't say that, Brooke :'("

I know, I know, sorry....

message 35: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He is TheBomb.com! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ugh!

Brooke (TheCoverContessa) | 239 comments David wrote: "Ugh!"

There were some who gave it high ratings...so maybe you'll like it more than I did.

message 37: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He is TheBomb.com! (new) - rated it 4 stars

I hope so!

Simone | 67 comments I am seriously freaking out!!!! I hope that I like Requiem and that I don't feel like burning or throwing the book at the end. (Shudders with anticipation of a let down) :( Contessa, we will have to compare notes when I read it.

Tiffie seriously, the ending of Pandemonium!! I bet Requiem is going to make me brawl...

Brooke (TheCoverContessa) | 239 comments Simone wrote: "I am seriously freaking out!!!! I hope that I like Requiem and that I don't feel like burning or throwing the book at the end. (Shudders with anticipation of a let down) :( Contessa, we will have t..."

Yes! Let me know what you think when you read it!

Beatrice (beatricemasalunga) | 291 comments I want Requiem so bad. I just need to know the ending! lol :))

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

here is a link where you can read the first 85 pages of requiem

http://www.epicreads.com/books/requie...

enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brianna | 19 comments This is another series I need to read.

American Wolf | 16 comments it amazing u will love it

Brianna | 19 comments I really hope so. :). I've been looking for a great dystopian series after the Hunger Games, and when the third Divergent book comes out.

American Wolf | 16 comments u should read it there are alot of surpises

Jen (jenwesner) | 1064 comments I think Delirium may be at the absolute top of my list for books I love. However - and that's a very big HOWEVER - while Pandemonium offered a lot of great action, the MC went a direction I didn't like. I felt like she was set up by other characters and circumstances to do it. And Requiem totally and completely broke my heart. Mockinjay was my comparison for it. I hated the HG ending, but for different reasons. I felt set up for Requiem to be a completely different story, and she went all "real life" on us. I love Lauren Oliver as an author, but now I'm not sure I can trust her! lol! I keep having to remind myself that these are fictional characters who don't exist. As for the TV series, well, I think that's going to go all over the place, a total and complete departure from the books. Any similarities will be nominal, so once again if we're expecting for it to follow the books at all, we'll be disappointed.

I think Oliver could have accomplished the character growth in Lena without 1-setting us up for what we expected (I'm avoiding spoilers here), and 2-giving us an open, vague ending. Not even an epilogue to tie things up? I feel so betrayed as a reader! In Requiem, there were SO many missed opportunities to give us what we were desperately hoping from Lena and Alex.

The cliffhanger endings were just mean, after what we were given for the series as a whole. Requiem didn't surprise me, it just disappointed me over and over again. And when I go back to cliffhanger 1 (Delirium) and cliffhanger 2 (Pandemonium), I have to back away. While I expect to be moved by a book series like this, I didn't read it for emotional manipulation and pain! If she wanted to accomplish an ending similar to Monsters of Men or Every Day, she would have redeemed all that action and sorrow and left us with hope and a positive ending that might be open ended but closed at the same time.

I've wondered about this before, I think it may be true. David, maybe you could shed some light on the idea: do characters in a story sometimes go a direction the author can't control? I know that sounds kind of silly, creepy, ridiculous even. But I wonder. I've heard authors sometimes say that they are really just there to tell the story, that the characters in it will do what they will and the author's job is simply to relate the story to us. Obviously the story comes from the author and the author has complete control ultimately. But . . . I just wonder. What are your thoughts on that concept?

message 48: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He is TheBomb.com! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lol great post Jenny! Between you and Brooke, I'm seriously scared to read Requiem now! I think I can shed a little light on your question, although you might not like my wishy washy answer!

I completely believe that characters can and do write themselves sometimes. Siena in Fire Country was one for me. Her voice was so loud in my head that I tore through writing that book, almost never stopping to think. She knew who she was, her shortcomings, how she needed to change, the challenges she needed to face, and on and on. But at the same time, I was the one steering the ship. If I ever didn't feel comfortable with something, or felt Siena was about to do something that would affect my readers in the wrong kind of way, I could step in and make a change. I often make sweeping character changes during the beta stage when my early readers tell say "what the heck were you thinking?" We'll, usually it's because I wasn't thinking, just writing the characters as they spoke to me. But in the end, I can choose which story to tell, or at least which version. Not sure if this helps :)

Brooke (TheCoverContessa) | 239 comments David wrote: "Lol great post Jenny! Between you and Brooke, I'm seriously scared to read Requiem now! I think I can shed a little light on your question, although you might not like my wishy washy answer!

I co..."

LOL! Don't be scared. There are some that liked it. I just felt it was not up to the standard I was holding the author to. I felt like she poo poo'd things :(

message 50: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He is TheBomb.com! (new) - rated it 4 stars

I AM scared!

« previous 1

David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Monsters of Men (other topics)
Every Day (other topics)
Through the Ever Night (other topics)