Shut Up & Read discussion

Half-Blood (Covenant, #1)
This topic is about Half-Blood
Archives > Half-Blood by Jennifer Armentrout - December

Comments (showing 1-15 of 15) (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sheri, Princess of Power (last edited Dec 01, 2012 11:05AM) (new) - added it

Sheri | 9982 comments Mod
Discuss as you read, but please use SPOILERS for those of us who haven't gotten as far as you!!! (Check out the 'some html is ok' box above the post box for spoiler tags.)

Don't forget to check out the December BotM contest!

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

Halee (Hayy6747) | 17 comments Just finished today... Just WOW. Why did it take me so long to read this???? Can't wait to start the second book in the series.

MeMe Belikova First lady Ivashkov (AliceBelikovReads) | 976 comments That's the same feeling I had after reading this book!!!! I love this series and cannot wait for the fourth book to come out!!!!!

Vanessa I read this book the end of October and read the second one just a few weeks ago!! LOVE them!

It also has a prequel out that I will be reading very soon hopefully.

What does everyone think of Aiden?! What about Alex's Best friend, even Alex herself?

message 5: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Witter (StephanieWitter) | 9 comments Hi!

I read this one as soon as it was released and I fell in love with Jennifer L. Armentrout novels.
I won't spoiler you, but it's getting more intense in Pure and Deity! I can't wait to read the fourth book. :)

message 6: by Brandy (new)

Brandy Nacole (BrandyNacole) | 176 comments Vanessa wrote: "I read this book the end of October and read the second one just a few weeks ago!! LOVE them!

It also has a prequel out that I will be reading very soon hopefully.

What does everyone think of Aid..."

Oh man, Aiden is just.......sorry I was dreaming. Anyway, I love all the characters. And I love the tension between Aiden and Alex. Amazing Book!!

Anastasia | 341 comments I like this book so far, but I have to know am I the only one that thinks this book is similar to the vampire academy series or at least the first one?

Similarities between the books and Alex and Rose
1. both started out on the run
2. both had potential before leaving
3. both had to be dragged back to their school
4. both ended up having a crush/fell in love/etc on/with their trainer
5. both loves are forbidden
6. both got into fights and broke the rules a lot
7. both have a bad creature that prefers feeding on the pure-blood (Moroi race in the VA)

That's all I have so far, I just started the book today.

Tracey (addicted_to_reading) | 190 comments just started this today. i love the Onyx series so i'm sure this one is gonna be awesome too.

message 9: by Anastasia (last edited Dec 11, 2012 05:45PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anastasia | 341 comments Anastasia wrote: "I like this book so far, but I have to know am I the only one that thinks this book is similar to the vampire academy series or at least the first one?

Similarities between the books and Alex and ..."

Finished it! some things reminded me of the VA series, but other than that I loved it! Her Lux series is great as well even if I've only read Obsidian so far! (still waiting for Onyx!) :^D

message 10: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Witter (StephanieWitter) | 9 comments When I read it the first time, I thought it had several things in common with Vampire Academy - I'm a huge fan of this series - and even if I loved Half-Blood I was a little anxious that Pure would be too, but in fact the series takes a whole different dimension in my opinion.

But I remember that I was a little disappointed that the Gods don't have a more important role in this first installment. But that's probably because I love greek mythology. ;)

Tracey (addicted_to_reading) | 190 comments yep i liked it. i've been seeing that she basically ripped of the Vampire Academy books but i've never read those so...this book was great to me lol.

message 12: by L.S. (new) - rated it 3 stars

L.S. Murphy | 1 comments Anastasia wrote: "I like this book so far, but I have to know am I the only one that thinks this book is similar to the vampire academy series or at least the first one?

You aren't alone.

message 13: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tanecia  (books101) | 3850 comments Mod
I'm going to see her tomorrow!!! :D woohoo!

message 14: by Brandy (new)

Brandy Nacole (BrandyNacole) | 176 comments Anastasia wrote: "I like this book so far, but I have to know am I the only one that thinks this book is similar to the vampire academy series or at least the first one?

The similarities between the books is very close. That's all I could think about while I was reading. The story line seemed to be the same, along with characters, friendships, romance buildup, etc.

Antoinette (Nette09) | 69 comments I finished this book today, I really enjoyed it. I want to see what happens next. I am so Team Aiden. I haven't read the VA series yet so I can't compare the two.

unread topics | mark unread