Cincinnati Book Lovers discussion

Used book stores in the area??????

Comments (showing 1-18 of 18) (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by L (new)

L | 4 comments I really wish I could find a good used book store. Are there any good ones around Cinncy.

Christen | 6 comments The only ones I know of are Half Price Books in Kenwood and Tri County.

I would also sign up for Book Mooch as it seems like a good place to exchange books. No immediate gratification though :)

Dorie (DorieAnn) Hi guys, I just joined the group. I love Half Price Books as well, and spend a lot of my money there. But my favorite used bookstore has to be Ohio Book Store. They are downtown on Main Street between 8th & 7th. They have a bit of everything but specialize in out-of-print, hard to find and antiquarian books. There are also a lot of local history books to be found there. They have five floors of books. It’s a fantastic place to browse.

Devin | 1 comments Half Price books is amazing. They have a really good selection and everything is reasonably priced. Usually the books are in pretty good shape too. There's tons of things you could find there. I recently bought 4 books there for about twenty dollars. You can't beat that!

fyc (fvonne) | 2 comments This isn't "local" per se but it is online and they are having a GREAT sale this month. Here's the link:

http://www.bookcloseouts.com/default....

There are hardback, paperback, large print, CD, Video, and cassette tapes for a dollar during this sale. I just spent $204 (yes, I'm entering a 12-step program soon) and saved over $3200. Plus I got a $5 off coupon for signing up to receive a newsletter from them.

PS - I love Half Price books too and I plan to check out Ohio Book Store! (I didn't know about that one- don't go downtown that often but this sounds worth the trip :D)

Ginny | 3 comments I'm with Dorie...the Ohio Bookstore has a great selection! I went in there one day to check it out and didn't come out for two hours. Anyone who lives in the Cincinnati area has to go. You'll find so many hidden treasures there, it's insane.

message 7: by Justin (last edited Oct 11, 2009 01:53PM) (new)

Justin (fanlitsjustin) | 1 comments I personally prefer going to the Bookrack. There is one on Beechmont and one in Florence. Very friendly, and pretty good selection. They run a lot of sales too.

message 8: by L (new)

L | 4 comments I recently found the Bookrack and look forward to spending way too much time there.

Jerry Lewis (pastorjerry) | 1 comments Bookrack may give you credits on some of your old books which you can use to purchase others. They also check out some of the more popular romance titles for a modest fee.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Halfprice books just opened a new store in Florence as well. It's on Houston Road by Babies R Us.

message 11: by L (last edited Mar 25, 2010 06:44PM) (new)

L | 4 comments Great! Now there is another book store in Florence, now if only Alexandria would get something so I don't have to go all the way to Florence!

Therese Kaldi's on Main Street downtown and there is a small used bookstore, Significant Books in Oakley, it's across from Aglamesis - ice cream and books, yum. Also Duttenhofer's in Clifton on McMillan.

Lori R (loavaacssva) | 1 comments the best place to find books is st.Vincent de Paul in glenway crossing (western hills). books are only .50 and they have a large selection.

Patricia Gligor (goodreadscompatriciagligor) | 13 comments Have you been to The Book Rack in Western Hills? It's located in Glencrossing (on the left side of the street.) They have a huge selection of used books and you can buy new books from them too.
I'm a believer in supporting our local book stores!

Sarah (saraworld02) | 2 comments Patricia wrote: "Have you been to The Book Rack in Western Hills? It's located in Glencrossing (on the left side of the street.) They have a huge selection of used books and you can buy new books from them too.
I'..."

I'm sorry to say that's not really a local bookstore. It's better than buying online, but it's a chain with about 100 stores across the country, according to their website.

Sarah (saraworld02) | 2 comments The Cincinnati Library's Friends Shop in the main Downtown Library sells used books year round, as well as their big annual sales. The Kenton County Library also has sales, but on a much smaller scale, a few times a year.

Karenq | 1 comments I like Half Price Books in Kenwood, too. But I buy very few books anymore. Most of my books I get from Cincinnati Public Library. They have a wonderful selection of print paper books and their ebook selection is growing fast. If you don't use this resource, you should try it.

Elizabeth (lizamaboo) | 1 comments Half Price Books in Kenwood!

If they don't have a book, they'll order it for ya! (And even send it to your house.) :)

Plus they constantly send you coupons!!!!!!

unread topics | mark unread