A Fine Balance A Fine Balance discussion

Great Quote

Comments (showing 1-5 of 5) (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Robin I need help! One of my most favorite quotes is in this book, which of course I lent to someone and never got back. I remember it is about 2/3 through and is something along the lines of "... life is maintaining a fine balance between hope and despair." Could anyone give me this reference and its surrounding context? Many thanks!

Tejal The proofreader nodded, "You see, you cannot draw lines and compartments, and refuse to budge beyond them. Sometimes you have to use your failures as stepping-stones to success. You have to maintain a fine balance between hope and despair." He paused, considering what had just said. "Yes," he repeated. "In the end, it's all a question of balance."

Melanie I love that part.
Out of his words, I also created this quote:
The transmogrification can be ephemeral depending on how you perceive its existence. ♥

What a great book :)

Kathleen In my opinion this is a Great Great book that will live through the ages. I read it 2 years ago and still think of it often.

Kelly Read this after it was picked on " My Life In Books"- Stunning book, one of my faves of the year!.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

A Fine Balance (other topics)