Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1)
This topic is about The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin → Start Date: December 4, 2012

Comments (showing 1-50 of 72) (72 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by Trisha (last edited Nov 18, 2012 05:28PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 16218 comments Tori and I will be buddy reading The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer.

If you can join, the more the merry! :D

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 10193 comments Joining you! Just purchased it! :)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay!! I'm excited to start this book!! We should make another discussion for the second book after we finish the first one!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 10193 comments Tori, hold on girl!! Lol

Trisha | 16218 comments Okay LOL! I got myself in the hold que for the 2nd book too! hopefully the first one comes first :D

Angela (: | 18403 comments I can talk about it with you guys, because I'll be done by the time you guys start ;P

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Vicki wrote: "Tori, hold on girl!! Lol"

Haha whoops!! I am just really into buddy reads... They are so fun!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Angela (: wrote: "I can talk about it with you guys, because I'll be done by the time you guys start ;P"

Awesome!

Trisha | 16218 comments Tori wrote: "Vicki wrote: "Tori, hold on girl!! Lol"

Haha whoops!! I am just really into buddy reads... They are so fun!"

I love Buddy reads too! I think it's so much more fun to share the reading of a book with someone than to do it alone! :D

I look forward to our Buddy reads Tori! You keep posting, I'll keep trying to join :D

message 11: by Gisbelle, I Root for the Underdog (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisbelle | 19151 comments Oh my goodness!!! So many buddy reads :) I might join if I am free enough :)

Trisha | 16218 comments Gisbelle wrote: "Oh my goodness!!! So many buddy reads :) I might join if I am free enough :)"

:) I know right!? So many awesome buddies to read with! it's very exciting! Please join, Gisbelle! if you can!

or we can have many buddy reads when you get back from holiday! :D

message 13: by Gisbelle, I Root for the Underdog (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisbelle | 19151 comments hehe... I really hope I can read all of them :)

Angela (: | 18403 comments I'm not going to have much time to do any buddy reads. I read at a very weird schedule because of school :P

Trisha | 16218 comments Angela (: wrote: "I'm not going to have much time to do any buddy reads. I read at a very weird schedule because of school :P"

:( ahh!!! Well, jump in and chat when you can! hopefully we'll be reading the same books as you and can still talk books :D

Angela (: | 18403 comments Trisha wrote: "Angela (: wrote: "I'm not going to have much time to do any buddy reads. I read at a very weird schedule because of school :P"

:( ahh!!! Well, jump in and chat when you can! hopefully we'll be re..."

I hope so too :D Maybe our books will just magically match.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 10193 comments Hey everyone, don't misunderstand me! I agree with Tori & Tish! It's just that I've fallen behind & we haven't started book 1 & we're already discussing book 2. I gotta wrap my head around all these buddy reads!!

Trisha | 16218 comments Vicki wrote: "Hey everyone, don't misunderstand me!"

LOL! No no! It's all good! I am in a pretty big que for book 2, so it's good that I'm putting my name on there too!

I didn't want it to be like Anna Dressed in Blood for me - I didn't even KNOW there was a book 2!!! :D

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 10193 comments Trisha, you stay on top of all this FAR better than I do!! I'm trying! Lol

Trisha | 16218 comments Vicki wrote: "Trisha, you stay on top of all this FAR better than I do!! I'm trying! Lol"

You're doin good! You have a couple of groups to juggle LOL! that does add a little to the madness.

congrats on winning, by the way! did you win the food partner challenge or the blue cover challenge?

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 10193 comments The Food Partner challenge. Heather and I kicked butt the last few days/week. She was too busy the first week to read much, so we read like crazy the second week.

I have been reading blue, but I'm not trying to win blue. I want to just enjoy some reading now rather than read faster and furious! LOL

And thanks for saying I'm doing good...you are very generous. LOL

Ally (bookishally) | 439 comments I'll be joining you guys! I'm glad this date is pushed back a little farther, I have some challenge reads to finish first :)

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Ally wrote: "I'll be joining you guys! I'm glad this date is pushed back a little farther, I have some challenge reads to finish first :)"

Glad you can join us.. :)

Trisha | 16218 comments I'm getting nervous that I'm not going to get this book in time... you guys may have to start without me

My library has 3 of them, 2 of them are over 2 weeks late and they just marked the third book "lost or stolen"

ACK!!! I'll see if I can get it from a friend before we read! Cross your fingers for me!!! :D

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm crossing my fingers!! If you can't get it in time there is no worries!!

Angela (: | 18403 comments OMG you guys will LOVE this book. I can't wait for the third.

message 27: by Gisbelle, I Root for the Underdog (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisbelle | 19151 comments I hope I can finish my current read in time :) I don't want to start too many books at once :D

Trisha | 16218 comments Tori wrote: "I'm crossing my fingers!! If you can't get it in time there is no worries!!"

Yay!! our finger crossing WORKED!!! The two late books were turned in and boom! It's sitting at the library waiting for me!!
I'll have it in my hands tomorrow!! Yay!!!

message 29: by Gisbelle, I Root for the Underdog (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisbelle | 19151 comments Hooray!!!

Angela (: | 18403 comments Yay Trisha!! :D

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay!!!

Ally (bookishally) | 439 comments YAY guys I'm really excited for this!

message 33: by Gisbelle, I Root for the Underdog (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisbelle | 19151 comments I still have 2 buddy reads. Hope I can finish soon.

Trisha | 16218 comments soooo. I don't quite have this one yet but I will tonight.

Does anyone know how many chapters there are?? And how many we want to try to get through tomorrow?

Are we taking our time on this one or are we speeding through it?

Angela (: | 18403 comments You guys should take your time on this, just saying.

message 36: by Ally (last edited Dec 03, 2012 04:31PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ally (bookishally) | 439 comments It's 59 chapters and 452 pages. Maybe 10 chapters per day, or roughly 75 pages (very crude math there but that's the general idea)? I'm good if we take it slower or faster too, but that's a suggestion. It's kind of long so I don't want to take /too/ long on it (we all have a lot of buddy reads and I feel like this could drag on if we go too slow) but at the same time I agree that we should take our time.

Trisha | 16218 comments I think 10 chapters per day sounds perfect, Ally!

:)

message 38: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 03, 2012 04:38PM) (new)

I think that sounds great! I think that if we go any slower, then this book will take us a long time to read.

message 39: by Gisbelle, I Root for the Underdog (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisbelle | 19151 comments I can do 10 chapters a day. But I have 3 others to finish XD

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

I have two others to finish, but I can make it work. :D

message 41: by Gisbelle, I Root for the Underdog (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisbelle | 19151 comments :) I wish I could say the same. Anyway, I will try to finish one or two books before starting this one. I almost finish them anyway :D

Trisha | 16218 comments oh my gosh, I just finished chapter 10 and IT IS SO HARD TO STOP!!!! Oh my, what a beginning. I think I know what's going on....but I'm probably wrong.

let me know when you guys get here :D

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 10193 comments I'm so jealous Trisha! I'm still in school @ haven't read one page of one book today except GRAMMAR! Oh YAY! Lol

Angela (: | 18403 comments Ahh! Trisha, isn't it the best? :D

Trisha | 16218 comments OH MY HOLY !!! It is SO GOOD! I keep glancing at it and chanting "I won't pick that up and keep reading! i won't pick that up and keep reading!" Ugh, but it's so hard! LOL!

the world is very engrossing. And "Mara" is pretty easy to like...even though she is struggling with her parents and her...(to keep from spoilers)...audio/visual perception :)I want to know what happened!!!

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

I am planning on starting this book tonight!! I really hope I like it as much as you are seeming to like it Trisha! :D

Ally (bookishally) | 439 comments Audio/visual perception - Trisha you're starting to sound like the AP Psych test I had today! :p

Anyways I'll be starting in a few hours and I'm REALLY excited. I have the kindle version from a friend but for some reason I'm in the mood for a real hardcover book. I think I'll pick it up from the library in an hour or so.

Trisha | 16218 comments Ally wrote: "Audio/visual perception - Trisha you're starting to sound like the AP Psych test I had today! :p
..."

LOL!!! :P it's hard to dance around words. I can't wait to discuss with you guys!

Trisha | 16218 comments Okay...um,I just finished this because I COULD NOT PUT THE BOOK DOWN

and I'm blown away.
and my original idea about what was going on was totally wrong...

and this book is amazing
let me know where you guys are and what you think when you can! :D

message 50: by Gisbelle, I Root for the Underdog (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisbelle | 19151 comments Already? lol... I am still in chapter 3 hehe I'll be back when I finish chapter 10.

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (other topics)
Anna Dressed in Blood (other topics)