Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6) Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince discussion

What Would Your Amortentia Be?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 190) (190 new)    post a comment »

Kaitie In case you've forgotten, Amorentia is that really strong love potion Slughorn shows them in potions. It smells different to everyone, whatever it is that you like. (Hermione's is parchment,grass, and she gets cut off for the last one...) I'm curious to see what people's think theirs would be.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Mine would probably be books (or paper, I guess), vanilla extract, and... chocolate.

Caelynn Lavender, smoke, and tiny hint of bleach

Stephanie Bolen New book smell, fresh cut wood, and old spice

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Paper, jasmine, and freshly mowed grass.

message 6: by Peeves (last edited Nov 17, 2012 11:52PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Peeves The smell that wafts from your nearby bakery..
The smell of the earth right after it has rained..
and Chlorine...<---Hey don't judge me!! i like swimming pools alright? ;D

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Chocolate, Waterstones bookshop, sausages. I know, weird combination.

Brooke Chocolate and sea air.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Chocolate and mint :}

Kaitie Cool! I'm not the only one who loves New Book Smell (or realizes there IS a book smell, people look at me weirdly when I mention it)

Printed Paper, Dark Chocolate, and... Ocean???

message 11: by Jeni (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jeni Vanilla, Bacon, Books, and baby powder.

Kharlie ocean, books (paper)& meadow breeze..

message 13: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma Old book smell (the kind you find in library i work in! :D) sea breeze and cinnamon

message 14: by Sona (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sona The smell of paper in old books the dusty paper, smell of Earth right after it has rained!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

smell of new and old books, spearmint, peppermint, coffee, dark chocolate, and morning dew.

message 16: by Kill the Spare (last edited Nov 20, 2012 07:07AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kill the Spare Freshly milled wheat flour, chocolate, Alphonso Mango, basmati(it's a type of rice).. I feel overwhelmed (almost teary) whenever I smell any of these...
God, I'm a foodie, aren't I????

Victoria ThisIsTheRealMe(for now) Was ToraBobOreo... Still am a tacoheartbreaker ♥ ~I Am Bullet Proof and Born to Rise~Amy's girlfriend Mmm Everything baked, chocolaty and pastry-ish (So my kitchen lol)Also Roses, Vanilla, Linens and Coffee:)

message 18: by Ciara *I love Harry Potter!* (last edited Dec 15, 2012 05:44AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ciara *I love Harry Potter!* I have lots!
Vanilla, weak petrol, freshly cut grass, freshly cut wood (especially when my guitar was new,!) the smell of new books, baking... quite a few!

Yazid (Ciel) Lot of creamy vanilla, dark hard chocolate and pink strawberry.

message 20: by M.R. (new) - rated it 5 stars

M.R. Graham Ciara *I love Harry Potter!* wrote: "I have lots!
Vanilla, petrol, firelighters, freshly cut grass, freshly cut wood (especially when my guitar was new,!) the smell of new books, baking... quite a few!"

Hey! I've never encountered someone else who liked the smell of petrol. :)

Mine would be old books, coffee, garlic, mulled apple cider, matches, and hot olive oil.

message 21: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna Books, vanilla/lavender, and rain before it falls.

Ciara *I love Harry Potter!* @M.R., me neither! :)

message 23: by Erin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erin Books, Banana boat sunscreen, and freshly baked cookies, oh and cinnamon too.

message 24: by Elia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elia Leather, coffee and chocolate.

message 25: by Keri (new) - rated it 5 stars

Keri Old books, rain, vanilla and sandalwood.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

-The smell of old, well used, liked books.
-Freshly mown grass. (gosh, I'm like Hermione!)
-Fresh bread
-Vanilla essence
-Jasmine flower
-Oranges
-Too many to list

Sunleister mhhh that's a tough one...
- fresh cut grass
- rain
- leather

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Rain, lavender, rosemary, and fresh paint.
Not too weird, right?

Ciara *I love Harry Potter!* Oh, and Play-Doh. That smells nice, too!

Reese Coffee, books/paper, rain, detergent, sea air.

message 31: by georgia (last edited Nov 22, 2012 08:50AM) (new)

georgia  -ωαт¢н ɱє fℓу- Coffeeshops, vanilla, book-shops and a tiny hint of paint and petrol :)

Nonsensical Teddybear The scent of fresh strawberries, fruity spongecake and strawberry cheesecake.

message 33: by Laura (last edited Jan 28, 2013 01:14AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Laura That amazing book smell, new or old. A burning, scented candle at Christmas time. Rain on a stormy, humid day.

message 34: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma Christmas tree (I'll never understand how people can go without a real Christmas tree at Christmas. I would miss the smell too much) and campfire

Oh, about the thing where Hermione gets cut off? I don't know where I read or heard this, but I think she was going to say The Burrow. I don't know.

Kaitie Emma wrote: "Christmas tree (I'll never understand how people can go without a real Christmas tree at Christmas. I would miss the smell too much) and campfire

Oh, about the thing where Hermione gets cut off? ..."

I'm going to guess it was something Ron related... oh wait, just googled it and JKR apparently said in an interview that Hermione's last one is Ron's hair

Ciara *I love Harry Potter!* Here is some information you might find interesting, from Harry Potter Wiki:

Harry's Amorentia: Treacle tart, a broomstick handle and Ginny Weasley's hair.

Hermione Granger's: Freshly mown grass, new parchment, spearmint toothpaste and Ron Weasley's hair.

Ron Weasley's: Molly Weasley's cooking, bacon and Hermione Granger's perfume.

message 37: by Brooke (last edited Nov 24, 2012 04:51AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Brooke Ciara *I love Harry Potter!* wrote: "Here is some information you might find interesting, from Harry Potter Wiki:

Hermione Granger's: Freshly mown grass,..."

Ha ha, what do those Weasleys use on their hair anyway?
P.S. The correct spelling is Amortentia.

Ciara *I love Harry Potter!* I'd love to know :)

Anny Sabine Probably a combination of new books, apples, and the way the ground smells after rain in the spring... mm.

Angeline Joseph Mine would be the smell of my grandma's house. I don't know what smell it is but it's wonderful!

message 41: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah I think she was a traitor at first, when she first received the necklace. But later, when she said that Luke was threatening her when she wanted to stop, I felt bad for her and realized that I would have done the same thing, keep doing what he said so long as he didn't hurt my friends.

message 43: by Jenn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenn Dirt, fresh rain, aftershave....I love the smell of guy, especially my guy after he's been working hard and took a fresh shower.

Kaitie Brooke wrote: "Ciara *I love Harry Potter!* wrote: "Here is some information you might find interesting, from Harry Potter Wiki:

He..."

Oh yeah, you're right about the spelling, oops... now I'm embarassed....

Joshua Mortensen Barnes and Noble, dark chocolate, rain, and sea breeze.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

New textbooks, pencils, white chocolate, and lavender freesia.

Tricia Drammeh chocolate chip cookies, lavender, and burning leaves. Yep, I'm weird.

message 48: by Afri (new) - rated it 5 stars

Afri offset ink, summer rain, chalk and sausages :)

message 49: by Sam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sam Horse stables, Johnson and Johnson lavender baby shampoo, cut grass

Keshena Ivory soap, mint, pine, and vanilla

« previous 1 3 4

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (other topics)