Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) Catching Fire discussion

Best part in the book ??

Comments (showing 1-22 of 22) (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I know its a difficult question, but just the same - which was your favorite part in the book? The part which you wanted to read again and again ?? I don't specifically mean the 3 significant parts - The Spark, The Quell and The Enemy.

I just mean any scene or dialogue you absolutely loved and want to share.

message 2: by Thomas (last edited Nov 17, 2012 12:34AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Thomas I can't remember specifics, it's been a while since I read the book but for me it was the explosions and them being pulled from the arena. I went back and re read it several times.

Jessiley Of course, the scene where things started to hyped up. It is when they---Beetee, Katniss, Peeta, Finnick, and the other girl whom i forgot, were executing some plan--Beetee's plan, actually. And then, Katniss had figured that out (after the girl had stabbed her to purposely get her tracking device), so she raised her arms with her ready bow & arrow to shoot the force field upward, and then BANG! ...all went out.

That's the part that enthralled me the most, that I couldn't forget this scene I had imagined. :3 Correct me if some details are wrong though.

Sara I'd say all of it cause the book is just so amazing! I just can't choose!

Thomas I agree with Sara. This was my favorite out of the series.

message 6: by Jessiley (last edited Nov 17, 2012 01:58AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jessiley Sara wrote: "I'd say all of it cause the book is just so amazing! I just can't choose!"

TRUE :) I considered Catching Fire as my most favored and the amazing one among the three.

message 7: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 17, 2012 03:29AM) (new)

@Jessiley

Yeah, I love that scene too. It becomes intense from that part. I read the book long back so can't say if you're accurate but it seems all right to me.

message 8: by Jessiley (last edited Nov 17, 2012 03:53AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jessiley @Pattzy

Totally, from the part until the end. Because it had a good ending that kept the intensity in me fired up for the next book. But then, some disappointments in Mockingjay was felt. :( And me too, maybe a year ago? or more than ...I don't remember. xD

Angeline Joseph The part where Peeta's heart stop beating and Katniss is crying for him.

eilis When all the tributes hold hands during the interview before the games :)

averycait When Finnick offers Katniss a sugar cube. I loved the way he just said "sugar cube". Why did he have to die

Ethan When Katniss kills president Coin

message 13: by Leah (new)

Leah When she said, "I think she was a traitor at first, when she first received the necklace. But later, when she said that Richard was threatening her when she wanted to stop, I felt bad for her and realized that I would have done the same thing, keep giving him information so long as he didn't hurt my friends."

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

LittleMissBookworm26 wrote: "When all the tributes hold hands during the interview before the games :)"

Yeah....I so love that part. I loved their unity in that scene. It was awesome !!

Brynne I love the ending and also the beach scene with Katniss and Peeta!!! And when Finnick and Katniss scared Peeta when they woke him up!!!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Brynne wrote: "I love the ending and also the beach scene with Katniss and Peeta!!! And when Finnick and Katniss scared Peeta when they woke him up!!!"

yeah....I loved that scene too !! The ending was really awesome !!

Brynne Yeah the ending was very epic! I was confused at first but then it made sense!!! But I was very surprised that they had that planned from the beginning!!!

message 18: by Jj (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jj Pattzy wrote: "Brynne wrote: "I love the ending and also the beach scene with Katniss and Peeta!!! And when Finnick and Katniss scared Peeta when they woke him up!!!"

yeah....I loved that scene too !! The ending..."

that scene made me laugh

message 19: by Vee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Vee Gretzinger when the old hag finally died.

message 20: by Athena (last edited Feb 06, 2014 10:21PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Athena Jessiley wrote: "Of course, the scene where things started to hyped up. It is when they---Beetee, Katniss, Peeta, Finnick, and the other girl whom i forgot, were executing some plan--Beetee's plan, actually. And th..."
I agree with Jessiley. There's just a bit of incorrect information. The girl(Johanna) knocked Katniss out to cut the tracker from her arm. It also gave her a concussion. And she had the wire attached her arrow so the electricity would break the force field.

message 21: by Katie (new)

Katie Chan Jessiley wrote: "Of course, the scene where things started to hyped up. It is when they---Beetee, Katniss, Peeta, Finnick, and johanna whom i forgot, were executing some plan--Beetee's plan, actually. And th..."

E-mma Catching fire is combination of The Hunger games and Mockingjay - so I totally agree, Catching fire is the best of serie! I can´t choose one scene, it´s impossible!
There are some of my favourites:
- when Katniss found out the arena is a clock - this scene totally dissapointed me in movie :/ When I was reading CF for the first time (I didn´t even know there will be movies) I was full of expectations and when I finally found out what arena is... this book is... I´m addicted for 2 years so far :D
- "I´m back into the arena" - my heart stopped here
- Haymitch´s games - can´t describe...
Okay... Every word in this book is gold, this serie is gold. Thanks for making it, Suzanne ♥

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Catching Fire (other topics)