The Sword and Laser discussion

Paul Cornell
This topic is about Paul Cornell
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Author Questions > Questions for Paul Cornell?

Comments (showing 1-18 of 18) (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tom, Supreme Laser (last edited Nov 15, 2012 11:48AM) (new)

Tom Merritt (tommerritt) | 773 comments Mod
The man who created the most beloved Doctor Who companion to never make it to the TV screen, Bernice Summerfield, comes to Sword and Laser.

Got questions for Paul Cornell? Post them here!!

message 2: by Tamahome (last edited Nov 16, 2012 07:41AM) (new)

Tamahome | 4773 comments What have you done today to make me proud? (He's on the Hugo-winning Sfsqueecast podcast too. That's the silly question he asks the guest at the end. See I don't have to be cryptic.)

Silly question 2: On the phone, do people confuse you with Neil Gaiman? (Actually they've both written dr who episodes)

He also writes comics...

message 3: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome | 4773 comments Paul wrote the 'Human Nature' episode of dr who where david tennant forgets he's the dr (based on his novel)? Nice.

message 4: by Rob, Roberator (new)

Rob (robzak) | 3308 comments Mod
I wish I knew more about him to post a good question. I feel sad that Patrick Rothfuss and the Jim Butcher threads before him have so much love and this one just has Tama.

message 5: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome | 4773 comments He's funny though. Should be a good interview.

message 6: by Kurt (new)

Kurt Rocourt (KRocourt) | 40 comments Here's a question.

What things have you discovered about characters like the Doctor, Superman, Batman, and Vandal Savage that have changed how you thought you were going to write them?

message 7: by Daran (new)

Daran | 599 comments I'd like to know anything he can tell us about what he's going to be working on at Marvel Comics. Or if he thinks he might be able to work on any of the Disney/Marvel television projects?

message 8: by P. Aaron (last edited Nov 16, 2012 06:05PM) (new)

P. Aaron Potter (PAaronPotter) | 585 comments You've had the opportunity to write for some of the most iconic characters and franchises in the SFF genre. I'm sure you're often asked what you'd love to add to your resume, but I want to know the opposite: are there characters or franchises you'd refuse to work on? If so, why?

message 9: by Joshua (new)

Joshua (JSMacDougall) | 11 comments Are there more novels planned or being written after London Falling?

message 10: by Paul Reed (last edited Nov 18, 2012 02:56AM) (new)

Paul Reed | 26 comments Questions from one Paul to another:

'Father's Day' and 'Human Nature/The Family of Blood' are two of my favourite episodes of the revamped Doctor Who. Bearing in mind the high regard fans in general have for these episodes (not to mention the Hugo nominations... oh look, I just did), would you consider writing for the show again?

And a supplemental question: which do you find the most artistically rewarding, writing for TV, writing novels, or writing comics?

message 11: by Tamahome (last edited Nov 18, 2012 05:02AM) (new)

Tamahome | 4773 comments He wrote Father's Day too? Paul, you're tearing my heart out.

message 12: by Jim (new)

Jim (kskryptonian) | 202 comments Paul, when are you coming back to do Gallifrey One again? I have some Action Comics I need signed.

message 14: by Leavey (new)

Leavey | 81 comments Regarding SFSqueecast: How did it come about and who would you like to squee (as a guest) with in the future and why?

message 15: by Paul (new)

Paul Cornell | 1 comments It was a lovely interview, and thanks very much for all your questions.

message 16: by Erik (new)

Erik Redin (erik_redin) | 140 comments Damn, this is what I get for ignoring Goodreads for the past 2 weeks while I've been playing my 3DS and Wii U nonstop. I was such a huge fan of CAPTAIN BRITAIN AND MI:13. And I've really been enjoying both DEMON KNIGHTS and SAUCER COUNTRY. Also, his run on ACTION COMICS is looking even more brilliant given the current state of Superman and Lex Luthor in the New 52.

message 17: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome | 4773 comments When is the show?

message 18: by Veronica, Supreme Sword (new)

Veronica Belmont (veronicabelmont) | 1188 comments Mod
Tamahome wrote: "When is the show?"

14th, but already shot!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

Paul Cornell (other topics)