The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (Chronicles of Narnia, #1) The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe discussion

the lion, the which, and the wardrobe

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Grant Schwartz chapter 2 of the lion the witch and the wardrobe( I'm doing this to start a new discussion. just start a new discussion before this reaches 20 comments.)

message 2: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat Webster This is one of the greatest books ive ever read.

Lora When I read this in my young days, I didn;'t even realize there were other books in the series! That took years to hear about, and I don't know why. Maybe I just wasn't listening. But the book makes my hands shake and my voice crack when I read it to the kids and I usually end up in tears, too. What a book!

Jacqueline Rhoades I had to laugh when, some years ago, a group of parents protested this book in our school library - witches and sorcery, oh my! I tried to explain that Lewis was a Christian writer, but they were having none of it. Imagine if I'd tried to explain about the Christ allegory! It's a wonderful book whether you read it as a Christian or not and it's one of those that changes as you grow and mature. It's worth the re-read each and every time. Thanks for reminding me.

soyburger Jacqueline wrote: " I tried to explain that Lewis was a Christian writer, but they were h..."

The first time I read this book was during 5th grade, and since I went to a public school where there is separation of church and state, I didn't get the connection between this book and Christianity the first time either. And yes I go to church; in fact, I made my profession of faith this past summer. I realized the connection after one of my long-time friends Randy explained to me that Aslan is portraying Jesus. So it is hard to see the connection the first time through the book. Don't get frustrated when people don't see it.

message 6: by CJ (new) - added it

CJ soyburger wrote: "Jacqueline wrote: "The first time I read this book was during 5th grade, and since I went to a public school where there..."

Hey I first heard of this book in public school too! When kids were off at a school trip people including me had to see a movie. My sixth grade teacher played us the BBC film version of this book. Little did I know the story had Christian themes. I too was a church goer and if I had known that years ago when I saw that in school I probably would have appreciated seeing that film a little more. It wasn't a bad adaptation either. It wasn't like the same-old "Hollywood" type of production values but it still was good.

---------------------------
Oh yeah. Sorry I was going off topic. What was Chapter 2 about again?

Stephen Hayes The which?

Which which was that?

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (other topics)